Talking Trash Can

JPVonDrake

You are correct that there is a "talking" trash can in the Electric Unbrella Restaurant controlled by the swing lid, with random pre-programed responses. Also there is a "talking" water fountain in the east side of future world by the restrooms. Both are still there and are controlled by the guest actions not an operator like Push or West Palm.

luvJC4saken

OK, got another question... are the operated ones (most likely the one in Tomorrowland) operated on the whole day? The reason I ask is that I'm taking my buds to DW in May (they don't have a clue about this talking trash can and I just have to see their reaction!), like most savvy DW planners I think we'll either hit tomorrowland early morning or late evening. Are these bad times to catch trash can?

JackSkellington

Originally posted by luvJC4saken
OK, got another question... are the operated ones (most likely the one in Tomorrowland) operated on the whole day? The reason I ask is that I'm taking my buds to DW in May (they don't have a clue about this talking trash can and I just have to see their reaction!), like most savvy DW planners I think we'll either hit tomorrowland early morning or late evening. Are these bad times to catch trash can?
I kinda wondered that too.

Dr.Seeker

These CM operated trash cans appear at random times Im afraid, so there's no easy way of tracking them down to a specific time.
My only advice is as soon as you get there ask a CM and they may know. Asking ASAP increases your chances of seeing that adorable trash recepticle:D

Seeker out!:cool:

MinnieMe

Originally posted by edwardtc
Well, since this is the SECRETS board, can anyone explain the SECRET to these robots?

Is the operator in a room underground or in a building and just interact through a camera, or can they actually see from a window or somewhere?

There was a robot in EPCOT that talked with a guy that came out with him - and they did a bit. I kept looking around for the operator.

Any help here?

I see some others have figured this out; I know the operator has to be relatively close by. When we went into AK last October, first thing in the morning, Wes Palm came up to my 4-year-old daughter and said, "Happy Birthday, Curly!" She had on a birthday pin but it wasn't the Disney one, so the operator had to be within distance to know what it said. We didn't see him/her but honestly, we were so entranced with the palm tree and enjoying my daughter LOVING it that we didn't really look around much. She still talks about how great it was that the palm tree knew it was her birthday. :)

dlaushey

We saw Wes Palm (didn't know that was the Tree's name) at AK in May 03. The kids loved it and still talk about it. We were at the park 30 min before opening so there were not too many people out front yet. We stood back and watched the girls have fun talking to the tree. From there we could see the operator but couldn't hear what he was saying through Wes to the girls. The really cool thing was while we were waiting another CM came up to us and started talking to us. She asked us if they were our kids and made some other small talk. She then asked us if we wanted to be the 1st family for the day which of course we did! She took us in to the park via a side entrance and let us greet Mickey, Minnie and Goofy as they came to open the park! We also got asked to be in the parade that day and rode on Mickey's float! Magical Day for us at the AK!

Nicole

We saw Push (didn't know the name till right now) and I saw the guy operating it. I have a picture that shows both the trash can and the guy operating it - I have no clue how to post a picture in this forum but will do it if someone coaches me.

BenS

I always look for the operator, and always find him/her. I onced winked at the guy operating the Tomorrowland trash can, and he kinda smiled.

NeedABreak

Last time we went we found a talking van and a full blown robot in downtown disney! The van's opperator was a guy with a wind breaker talking into his hand, he really did blend into the crowd. The robot had a big crowed around it, it would dance with the kids and it had a digital camera built into it with a little screen on its stomach so it could supprise people with the flash and then show then how goofy they looked.

Anybody know if these are they same people behind the robot trash cans?

Superchk2

Ahhh!! How exciting! I saw Push on my birthday last December...I was wearing a Birthday Girl pin on my sweater and he had the whole crowd sing Happy Birthday to me. It was awesome, my sister was with me...when we left she says "Mom's NEVER gonna believe a trash can sang happy birthday to you!" =)

Mecha Figment

The best thing i can remember about push was that when you opened his mouth.. he made the tarzan yell.

in addition these things are actual functioning trashcans.

Wbnemo1

Actually, the gent that came up with the "Push" trash can used to be an Imagineer in model making and robotics engineering.......his name is Daniel. Push has been around for at least 10 years... and is very cool to watch.. If I recall,at first, Daniel did the tech thing for the bot , now he has others do it for him a lot of the time......fun stuff!

William

Woody13

Last year I saw "Push" do a funny bit. He lined himself up near another WDW trash can and then just silently waited. When a young child would walk between the two cans, "Push" would rush forward and trap the child between the 2 trash cans while manically screaming, "Trash can sandwich, trash can sandwich".

I like "Push" and Pipa and Wes Palm.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Last May, we saw Push talking to a guy who was waiting for his girlfriend outside the restrooms. Push got the guy to tell him her name, and then was calling into the restroom, "Angie! Angie!" Her reaction when she came out was priceless. :)

Here's a link to the likely schedule for Push. At least, that's all I looked for. :) Great site for info on live entertainment at the parks - http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Hi!
I noticed yall talked about PUSH's controllers but no one posted pictures of one of them. I found these when I was looking through my Christmas pics of last year. *sigh* I wish I could go this year!

Figment2005

Does anyone have any other pictures of the robots, i remember the trash can in Tommorrow Land, but the tree is kinda fuzzy. I would love the jumpstart to my memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom