talk for a new park to come

lilphil6487

you know its not that hard to believe that disney is beginning to plan for a 5th park. many say that we will not see a 5th park for atleast ten years, well thats how long it takes to plan one, even longer. Disney has many ideas that they toss around and never see light for quite a long time. Even if we dont get a new park, it still doesnt mean that they werent planning one. now as for the person who started this whole thing, I have a hard time believing that one person can be involved with so many completely different projects.

jedimaster1227

My understanding was that he meant that in the 20k league plot there will be a 20k sub ride like the one at Disney Sea, that does not go under water, but gives that impression. Is this correct? Is there a time frame for this, and has this been green lit at this point?

No, 20K will go somewhere else (if it gets the greenlight) with another attraction from DisneySea. Yes, 20K would be a dry-for-wet attraction exactly like its DS version. Think closed Peter Pan cars with windows that bubble.

cpeterstx

My unsolicited advice to the WDI team is to take all the ideas for this alleged new park and spread them around the existing gates. Since Iger took over, we've been moving in the right direction. Let's not pull an Eisner and take one somewhat decent idea for an attraction and turn it into the basis for a new park…you know who you are GMR! Just my opinion!

DisneyDellsDude

No, 20K will go somewhere else (if it gets the greenlight) with another attraction from DisneySea. Yes, 20K would be a dry-for-wet attraction exactly like its DS version. Think closed Peter Pan cars with windows that bubble.
If 20K and JTTCOTE both go into Animal Kingdom, that will be the greatest park ever!! Plus, you have a good merchandise marketing plan... The Center of the Earth, the top of a mountain, the bottom of the sea... all with legendary creatures.:eek::D

Hammer1310

I agree about "Journey to the Center of the Earth". I've only seen it on video but it looks incredible and would seem to be a great fit at AK. I would rather see an Alice in Wonderland attraction on the 20K site (not the DLR version).

kimmychad

Finally, the voice of reason has spoken.

Why can't we just be happy with what we have, instead of wishing for more?

i'll be content with what i have at disney when they're happy with how much they're charging me for rooms, tickets, etc. instead of raising prices every year, sometimes twice a year

Enderikari

i'll be content with what i have at disney when they're happy with how much they're charging me for rooms, tickets, etc. instead of raising prices every year, sometimes twice a year

Yep, and I will be content with oil companies when they stop raising the price of gasoline, sometimes 60 times a year. And I will be content with the government when they stop raising my taxes once or twice a year. And I will be content with the banks when they stop lowering my interest rate (three times this year). I'll be content with the grocery store when they stop raising the price of milk.

Oh wait, going to Walt Disney World is a luxury good. Prices are raising across the board, and at least WDW is giving us something new for that money.

kimmychad

Yep, and I will be content with oil companies when they stop raising the price of gasoline, sometimes 60 times a year. And I will be content with the government when they stop raising my taxes once or twice a year. And I will be content with the banks when they stop lowering my interest rate (three times this year). I'll be content with the grocery store when they stop raising the price of milk.

Oh wait, going to Walt Disney World is a luxury good. Prices are raising across the board, and at least WDW is giving us something new for that money.

well the post i was responding to had stated that we should just be happy with whatever disney has and not expect more. i find it hard to be content with disney because of all the vacation destinations out there. im not content or happy that gas is near $3 a gallon but i have no choice in the matter, if i want to drive i have to pay it. same with heating my house, etc. but yes i expect disney to replace attractions/expand at a certain rate because of the progressively rising costs in going there.

jt04

"Greatest Park Ever"

If 20K and JTTCOTE both go into Animal Kingdom, that will be the greatest park ever!! Plus, you have a good merchandise marketing plan... The Center of the Earth, the top of a mountain, the bottom of the sea... all with legendary creatures.:eek::D

I agree 100%!

Legendary creatures from the highest mountain (yeti) to the depths of the earth and seas. It would be even more amazing to go to the AK!
Awesome concept!:D

bwalkmouse

Fifth Park Close to a Reality

you know its not that hard to believe that disney is beginning to plan for a 5th park. many say that we will not see a 5th park for atleast ten years, well thats how long it takes to plan one, even longer. Disney has many ideas that they toss around and never see light for quite a long time. Even if we dont get a new park, it still doesnt mean that they werent planning one. now as for the person who started this whole thing, I have a hard time believing that one person can be involved with so many completely different projects.

I spoke with a friend of mine that works for Imagineering in California and he has been sent to Florida for meetings about a fifth park. It is scheduled to be a "high end adventure park". It will open around 4:00PM. The preliminary word is that they will charge approx $300.00 for admission.
More to follow when available

I spoke with a friend of mine that works for Imagineering in California and he has been sent to Florida for meetings about a fifth park. It is scheduled to be a "high end adventure park". It will open around 4:00PM. The preliminary word is that they will charge approx $300.00 for admission.

This horrid rumor has been discussed, and rightfully dispelled before. Imagine the massive portion of the general Disney audience that would alienated by moving forth with a park of this design. No further discussion needed....this rumor rates below the never-ending "All Villians-Thrill Park" discussions.:brick:

bwalkmouse

Unfortunately, this is closer to reality than a rumor. My friend will be in Florida for 3-6 months going over details regarding this park.

I agree, I don't like the idea. But marketing has had alot of favorable responses and is continuing to evaluate

wdwmomof3

That's just nuts!:hammer:

The MaD Hatter

I know Disney has been batting around ideas for a high-end park (ala Discovery Cove) for awhile now, but it's one of those things that I'll believe it when I see it. I'd much rather them spend more money on improving the current parks (MK refurbs, new rides at AK & DHS, etc) than build a new high-end park that most families won't even be able to afford.

ImaYoyo

Unfortunately, this is closer to reality than a rumor. My friend will be in Florida for 3-6 months going over details regarding this park.

I agree, I don't like the idea. But marketing has had alot of favorable responses and is continuing to evaluate
Marketing? Really? Let me check.

Um, no.

Brian_WDW74

bwalkmouse,

I don't know how valid your information is. But a message that was posted on disboards.com two weeks ago (and which I posted in another thread here, so sorry for the duplicate) seems to support it:
branv said:
Interesting Disney Survey: Night Kingdom? And more..

In talking to a friend, we realized we had each received a Disney survey within two days of each other...but through different companies, discussing different things. What they talked about on the surveys was most interesting. This has probably been brought up before, but thought I'd pass it on just in case.

#1 My friend's survey showed an entire video presentation from Joe Rohde talking about the concept "Night Kingdom" at what she said sounded as if it would be in Animal Kingdom? According to her, it would be a package allowing a limited number of guests to travel expedition style through different area (Jungles of the Americas, South Pacific, Asia, Africa, etc), doing things like zip lines, hot air balloons, going on open air lifts into bat caves, using night goggles to view animals, including in the package would be a nice meal. Prices tossed around were from $350/pp to $150/pp (as a discount if you had a 4 day pkg). The one startling thing is that they asked her to consider two times: 4 pm-1 am and 5 pm-1 am. Hmmmm...so if it was at AK, another park closing for a special event? Has anyone heard anything about this?

The survey I received asked me my opinions on the following perks:
1) free dining if you stayed at a WDW resort
2) Less than 20 minute wait on 5 rides of your choice a day
3) free babysitting
4) more extensive paid babysitting program
5) perks you'd pay for like front of the line privileges (booooo!), pool cabanas, etc.
6) 50% discount on 4+ day park tickets if you stay on site (only during non-holiday/peak times)

Needless to say, I was absolutely stoked to get the chance to give my opinion! Thought I'd pass on some of the interesting things Disney has been tossing around.

bwalkmouse

bwalkmouse,

I don't know how valid your information is. But a message that was posted on disboards.com two weeks ago (and which I posted in another thread here, so sorry for the duplicate) seems to support it:

My source works for imagineering, was in Hong Kong for 2 years prior to opening of HKDL and has now been sent to Florida for 3-6 months for the purpose of working on this idea. He had mentioned a rock climbing idea and
also something about close-up with animals which you had mentioned.

jmvd20

I cannot figure out which is more amusing:

The same rumors over and over again.

Or the people that think they know every single little detail, idea and thought Disney is working on and/considering at any given time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom