talk for a new park to come

tink5417

Original Poster
So the other night i was speaking to a friend of mine who is a animator/designer for Disney. He has worked on things such as toy story 2, the Cinderella castle suite, a new movie introducing the FIRST black princess and has been asked to join fellow employees on creating/building a new park.

I couldn't get him to tell me ideas they were tossing around, but assured me that he would update me with something as soon as he knew, which in return i'll let you all know as well.

As for the villain park that has been in the making for a very long time now, it seems, that will starting up again as well.

bears163

I have a hard time believe any new park will be built with in the next 8-10 years. i would hope for many upgrades to the park that are there now first. they have a hard enough time keeping up with the parks they have now. granted it does seem to be busy all year round now. & with all the new hotels they are building they must think alot more people are going to fill those rooms. so who knows.

urbanvegan

So the other night i was speaking to a friend of mine who is a animator/designer for Disney. He has worked on things such as toy story 2, the Cinderella castle suite, a new movie introducing the FIRST black princess and has been asked to join fellow employees on creating/building a new park.

It seems really strange that the same person would have been working on all of these projects.

• Toy Story 2 was a Pixar project - and years before Pixar became part of the Walt Disney Company
  • The Castle Suite was a project with Imagineering and the Theme Parks division.
  • "The Princess and the Frog" is a project of the revived Walt Disney Feature Animation department.
I would just find it odd that a person would be moving around so much within the same company. It's just not how a large corporation typically works.

uklad79

I couldn't get him to tell me ideas they were tossing around, but assured me that he would update me with something as soon as he knew, which in return i'll let you all know as well.

As for the villain park that has been in the making for a very long time now, it seems, that will starting up again as well.

I have a hard time believing that you have a friend that works in so many divisions in Disney.

Toy Story 2 - Pixar
Cinderella Suite - WDI/Parks Ops/Marketing
The Frog Princess - Walt Disney Studios
A new park - WDI

So your "friend" must be multi talented if he works in all of these Dept's. plus he must be a very busy man or full of it? The artists that create concept art for projects don't work on films one day and then a WDI project the next they are separate company's within the group that is The Walt Disney Company.

ImagineerAndy

This is rubbish, Imagineering has way too much on it's plate at the moment keeping the current parks up to date. Bearing in mind that some are still not out of the woods yet, eg DSP and HKDL. The new remit from management is to make the ones that are already open as good as possible.
I hate the way people just think Imagineering sit around and think up new parks every now and then, and its always the same, Villains.
I hate these teasing rumours which seem to be total rubbish.

EPCOT Explorer

I have a hard time believing that you have a friend that works in so many divisions in Disney.

Toy Story 2 - Pixar
Cinderella Suite - WDI/Parks Ops/Marketing
The Frog Princess - Walt Disney Studios
A new park - WDI

So your "friend" must be multi talented if he works in all of these Dept's. plus he must be a very busy man or full of it? The artists that create concept art for projects don't work on films one day and then a WDI project the next they are separate company's within the group that is The Walt Disney Company.

Yeah...unless your friend is Walt Disney,this aint happening.

Sorry.

chaggy102

Either that or a Jungle Cruise Skipper...honestly how many times have we been told that we're not going to get another park for atleast 8-10 years...MGM will get work and AK will be getting work done before a new park is even throught of.

~Chag

DisneyWales

What about the mainland China rumors.... is that one now dead or.....

Im not gonna comment on the validity of the source, the rest of you can do that in much 'nicer' ways than I could ever try.

But from what I was lead to believe from various outputs online, DLRP is getting a water park, and possible third gate (not soon, but eventually). Also Wasn't there talk about a third park at California at one point, also rumors about Disney wanting to build a boutique park like Discovery cove at WDW.

Again I'm not saying this guy is telling the truth, but are we so sure that Disney isn't in the very early planning of 'another' park of some sort somewhere in the world.

raven

It seems really strange that the same person would have been working on all of these projects.

I would just find it odd that a person would be moving around so much within the same company. It's just not how a large corporation typically works.

It's true. Disney does not move people from animation to Imagineering like they did back in the days of Walt. They have plenty of people now to cover all aspects and they don't mingle their departments.

:rolleyes:

Captain Chaos

Keep tossing the NEW PARK rumor out there and sooner or later that person is going to come back and say I TOLD YA SO... Because, sooner or later (rather it be MUCH LATER), a new park is going to come somewhere....

And couldn't it be possible they are working on a new park design, just not greenlighting it??? I thought WDI worked on projects all the time, most of which never see the light of day...

The MaD Hatter

Am I the only one around here who thinks a villains park is the lamest idea for a new park EVER?

I agree. I think a villians land on the old 20,000 Leagues plot would be a much better idea. To me it seems a waste to build a 5th gate when so much could be added or refurbed at the other parks.

Thiger

I shudder whenever i see a 'just joined' under someone's name who claims to have mucho info on a brand new ride or gate

that being said, I would imagine that if they were planning a 5th gate it would be in the works now so that in 10-20 years they'll have everything laid out

Spyne

Right now, I honestly don't see them building a new park. Especially with the two newer parks (DHS and DAK) still growing and building.

urbanvegan

Am I the only one around here who thinks a villains park is the lamest idea for a new park EVER?

No, I am in the same camp.

While a "Villains" themed area holds a lot of possibilities, it is certainly not enough for an entire park. It's a bit too myopic, and leaves little room for expansion.

A land in Magic Kingdom would be a perfect fit, were they to build something in the "Villains" vein.

EPCOT Explorer

I agree. I think a villians land on the old 20,000 Leagues plot would be a much better idea. To me it seems a waste to build a 5th gate when so much could be added or refurbed at the other parks.

Yep...too broad for a park(Would HalloWishes air every night?Would Evil actually win every show/attraction?)but a land in MK would be great.Not on 20K though...I think that would mess with the fireworks launch sight.

700th post!

The MaD Hatter

Yep...too broad for a park(Would HalloWishes air every night?Would Evil actually win every show/attraction?)but a land in MK would be great.Not on 20K though...I think that would mess with the fireworks launch sight.

Really? Where did they launch the fireworks when 20K was still there? :shrug:

I don't see where else they could add a new land to MK unless they bulldozed Toon Town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom