talk for a new park to come

jt04

The Little Mermaid ride and the project which I hinted at ealier will be at two seperate parks. One will go to Magic Kingdom and the other, I'm not yet able to say... :zipit:

Am I right that you also were talking about the 20,000 Leagues attraction from TDS might be on the way somewhere?

jedimaster1227

WOAH. Quick responce. This leads me to believe that 20k will retake the lagoon and Mermaid, maybe at DHS? I think logically, 20k should not go anywhere else, and could use the same location.

Hmm..

Nope. Sorry that won't happen in that way. The Studios has its Mermaid fix.

Am I right that you also were talking about the 20,000 Leagues attraction from TDS might be on the way somewhere?

Yes, you are right! :animwink:

jt04

WOAH. Quick responce. This leads me to believe that 20k will retake the lagoon and Mermaid, maybe at DHS? I think logically, 20k should not go anywhere else, and could use the same location.

Hmm..

I think he is hinting there will be two different projests, Mermaid Lagoon from TDS and a Little Mermaid dark ride at another park. Seems too good to be true though.

jedimaster1227

I think he is hinting there will be two different projests, Mermaid Lagoon from TDS and a Little Mermaid dark ride at another park. Seems too good to be true though.

Actually, I meant no regard towards the Mermaid Lagoon. I've heard nothing on its appearance at WDW in quite some time, only hearing about receiving the ride later on. The TDS addition will be based on Captain Nemo's exploration(s) present in Mysterious Island...

jt04

Actually, I meant no regard towards the Mermaid Lagoon. I've heard nothing on its appearance at WDW in quite some time, only hearing about receiving the ride later on. The TDS addition will be based on Captain Nemo's exploration(s) present in Mysterious Island...

Well that is very interesting if LM is not going to DHS. It leads to amazing possibilities if it is going to AK OR Epcot.

Disneykidder

I so agree Fisher, what a cute idea to give Snow White a castle...the princess who started it all. A new park....wow....they have so many already and seem to maintain them all but a new one?:p

jedimaster1227

Well that is very interesting if LM is not going to DHS. It leads to amazing possibilities if it is going to AK OR Epcot.

I'll clarify just a little further... Little Mermaid will go to Magic Kingdom. Its the other half of the rumor that is in question. But no, it won't go to Epcot.

And on the topic of another park, not unless you consider the upcoming dog resort to be a 5th gate, we won't have a new park for a very long time.

jt04

Good that it's not off to Epcot...We already have one misplaced "Seas" attraction.
:mad:

Actually, I thought it would be interesting since I am convinced that Seas needs an E-ticket but I understand why people might rather see LM go to a different park. Good news in any case from Jedimaster!

Hammer1310

The O.P.'s legitamacy aside, none of the long-standing rumors do much for me.

I loved 20k but I don't wanna see it come back as a Nemo ride (nothing against Pixar properties). Beastly Kingdom(e) is gone. Let it go. Many of the icons of that park are in the Lost Continent at IOA and the rest don't seem particularly Disney to me anyway. We should be used to the fact by now that anything not related to Disney films or characters get canibalized into one eventually like Epcot, AK, AE, etc so why do we all think a fantasy park would still get a green light? A villan attraction would be cool, but a park or even and area would be overkill to me.

I'd rather see the less-mentioned Nightmare Before Christmas DHS attraction if the rights could ever be agreed to and the right people were involved in the creation. (Elfman is a must).

As for another park, what the feasability of anything but a high dollar boutique park? AK still doesn't have the crowds really required of a park that size and most guests just don't stay long enough to see 5 parks do they? I mean, I do but I only have a cat and dog and the missus to support. :D

will341

I find it hard to believe also, there is a lot more work they can add to a park like MGM(DHS gonna have to get use to that one) and a park like AK. They can still add great rides and attractions to these parks. I find this to be false but this is strictly my opinion.

tink5417

Original Poster
ok so time to clarify.
my friend started with the Disney college program was asked to do a internship with pixar, and was asked to help with the DRAWING and laying out for the suite, he is a ARTIST,and a ANIMATOR.

Plus not to mention... that the work that he has done with these different company's and projects, have also been done over years. Lets remember that movies take a long time to make, esp animated ones, parks go through many processes, such as thinking it up, drawing it up, planning it out , constructing it and etc.

DicksonGR

Well thanks for clarifying, but I think if true it would only be the very very early planning stages.

As has been said - what is the point in diluting the current number of guests and employees between 5 parks when there are hardly enough for 4!

jt04

The O.P.'s legitamacy aside, none of the long-standing rumors do much for me.

I loved 20k but I don't wanna see it come back as a Nemo ride (nothing against Pixar properties). Beastly Kingdom(e) is gone. Let it go. Many of the icons of that park are in the Lost Continent at IOA and the rest don't seem particularly Disney to me anyway. We should be used to the fact by now that anything not related to Disney films or characters get canibalized into one eventually like Epcot, AK, AE, etc so why do we all think a fantasy park would still get a green light? A villan attraction would be cool, but a park or even and area would be overkill to me.

I'd rather see the less-mentioned Nightmare Before Christmas DHS attraction if the rights could ever be agreed to and the right people were involved in the creation. (Elfman is a must).

As for another park, what the feasability of anything but a high dollar boutique park? AK still doesn't have the crowds really required of a park that size and most guests just don't stay long enough to see 5 parks do they? I mean, I do but I only have a cat and dog and the missus to support. :D

He was not talking about Pixars' Nemo going to the MK. He is talking about the Nemo from Disney Seas which is a completely different kettle of fish. (sorry I apologize). As for BK...........never say never. It might not get called BK but if LM goes to AK then that tells me the concept of a "Fantasyland" using mythical creatures is not dead. And that is encouraging. :)

RSoxNo1

My understanding was that he meant that in the 20k league plot there will be a 20k sub ride like the one at Disney Sea, that does not go under water, but gives that impression. Is this correct? Is there a time frame for this, and has this been green lit at this point?

CoasterKing

As has been said - what is the point in diluting the current number of guests and employees between 5 parks when there are hardly enough for 4!

Hardly enough guests for 4 parks??? :veryconfu Wow, how often do you go to WDW? The parks are always packed, except for a couple of slow times a year !!! There are even times when the parks get full and they close the turnstiles to new guests.

So trust me, they would have no trouble filling 5 parks at all !!:hammer: But, there will be no 5th park for some time. :cry:

CoasterKing :king:

JML42691

Hardly enough guests for 4 parks??? :veryconfu Wow, how often do you go to WDW? The parks are always packed, except for a couple of slow times a year !!! There are even times when the parks get full and they close the turnstiles to new guests.

So trust me, they would have no trouble filling 5 parks at all !!:hammer: But, there will be no 5th park for some time. :cry:

CoasterKing :king:
No, he was correct, in the normal-busy times, the parks are hardly above 65% full, and for most of the time, they are under that, there are only a few times in the year when the parks are full or close to it, and those periods are barely more than a week long. And there are only 2 days a year when they would actually close the turnstiles, July 4th and New Years. The attendance figures from the parks are still recovering from the Animal Kingdom opening. When they opened Animal Kingdom, they expected people to add a day to their trip and for attendance figures in the other parks to climb, that plan backfired with people trying to cram 2 parks (AK & MGM) into one day and attendance from other parks being deducted instead of raised, it won't be until the parks are filling up on a near-daily basis before Disney adds another park, I am sure that they have learned from their mistake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom