talk for a new park to come

dizzney

I for one would rather see Beastly Kingdom happen at AK instead of a 5th gate, and what about adding the new Nemo voyage to MK,

There are lots of things they can do and SHOULD do before they create a fifth gate!

I for one would rather see Beastly Kingdom happen at AK instead of a 5th gate, and what about adding the new Nemo voyage to MK,

There are lots of things they can do and SHOULD do before they create a fifth gate!

Do we REALLY need the ANOTHER Nemo-based attraction in WDW? The show and ride (and whole pavillion) are quite enough for me.

This conversation always ends up in the same vein. Continue to expand/spruce what we have...leave the possibilites of the future 5th gate for another decade.:animwink:

Fun2BFree

We already had *essentially* Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, but they paved it over and opened Pooh's Fun Spot. :hurl:

Foolish1

How about just The Pixar Theme Park. Then we move everything Pixar related to that park. That way everyone who adores Pixar this-that-and-everything-else, can go there and be happy. And those who would like to avoid it, can also.

But seriously. I personally don't believe what the original poster put up. But, I will say this. Long before rumors of the studios and DAK went around, WDI was doing work (research and preliminary planning) for a new theme park. So, let's say that in 2015 Disney announces a new park. When do you think they actually started planning for it? I would guess right about now would be right.

I figure about 2-3 years to narrow down planning from the "blue sky" stage. Then another 2-3 years to get a raft of ideas knocked up. Then another 2 years to whittle down to something that is manageable. Then final design work for all of the ideas starts just before the actual announcement is made. And then from there the real rumors begin.

So for my timeline, probably in 2018-2020 we see a new park open for business.

Just a thought. Though I have to believe that if they were really doing said work now, we would hear *NOTHING* about it yet. Why? Well, usually the initial work would be done by a small number of people. All of which would be too easily traced back to one or two people. And then would get said person terminated as a result.

That all leaves out the fact that Disney has publicly stated that it's too hard to get enough employees to staff what they have now. Seems unlikely to staff a 5th park right now.

jt04

Wow! Now I realize how tired I truly am after being sick all weekend... I can't even spell journeys properly the first time...

But yes, I was hinting at something(s) in that previous statement...

I really think something along the lines of what was done at DRP would really work at the MK. Something like a Little Mermaid clone from DCA that could transition over to a new style 20,000 Leagues attraction towards TL. Anyway, they should do something major like that for the 40th Anniversary of WDW.

With Disney about to plow hundreds of millions into reworking California Adventure, millions into upgrades ar exsiting rides, just having put $100 million into Everest, There is no way Disney will be building any Billion dollar new investment in Florida ANY time soon. If attendance at AK and DHS were more than the current 9 million a year, I could see it, but it is just a bad business model to spend that kind of Money right now on a NEW park. According to Iger, theres over $1 billion in upgrades / renovations at the current florida parks planned over the next 5 years. Just replacing a few bridges over the creeks on the property that are showing deteoration will cost over $9 million dollars each.

jt04

With Disney about to plow hundreds of millions into reworking California Adventure, millions into upgrades ar exsiting rides, just having put $100 million into Everest, There is no way Disney will be building any Billion dollar new investment in Florida ANY time soon. If attendance at AK and DHS were more than the current 9 million a year, I could see it, but it is just a bad business model to spend that kind of Money right now on a NEW park. According to Iger, theres over $1 billion in upgrades / renovations at the current florida parks planned over the next 5 years. Just replacing a few bridges over the creeks on the property that are showing deteoration will cost over $9 million dollars each.

I would much rather see them invest in upkeep rather than a new park. As long as they add a new e-ticket or d-ticket every year I am happy. Where did you hear of the $1 billion over 5 years figure? That seems reasonable when you think of the scope of WDW.

jedimaster1227

I really think something along the lines of what was done at DRP would really work at the MK. Something like a Little Mermaid clone from DCA that could transition over to a new style 20,000 Leagues attraction towards TL. Anyway, they should do something major like that for the 40th Anniversary of WDW.

If anything, expect more of what we have over at DisneySea (in both regards)... :animwink:

L Fisher

If there's ever a new park I sure hope that "Snow White" will finally get her castle..After alll she was the 1st princess who started it all..Here's to wishing but I clearly doubt it..They need to upgrade all the other parks first..

The Little Mermaid ride and the project which I hinted at ealier will be at two seperate parks. One will go to Magic Kingdom and the other, I'm not yet able to say... :zipit:

WOAH. Quick responce. This leads me to believe that 20k will retake the lagoon and Mermaid, maybe at DHS? I think logically, 20k should not go anywhere else, and could use the same location.

Hmm..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom