T-shirts! Getchya Magic Band T-shirts

JimboJones123

Original Poster
For some reason I think if the park down the road developed a "universal band" it would be hailed here as revolutionary, with discussions about how Disney is way behind the times on technology and too cheap to upgrade their ticketing system while Universal spares no expense.

Just a hypothetical, though haha.
False. Those of us savvy enough to understand basic business understand that the price hikes of the past 3-4 years have basically paid for this.

I miss being able to get a soda for $2.99 or a burger for $6.79. Or tickets for $79.

An entire park could have been built instead. Guess what, just like Universal. Simpsonsland, TF, HP 1.0 and 2.0, upgraded Spidey, and they implemented a photopass system and are building a brand new resort to draw a whole new customer.

Oh, Disney got a Snow White upgrade after more than 2 years of a downed attraction and a more than a decade long replacement for the Subs. Impressive.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Why don't you guys just get more organized????

:cat:
How is that relevant to what I posted?
I stated that I found the band uncomfortable and somewhat unreliable, but used it anyway because it actually was way more convenient than the old KTTW cards.

devoy1701

How is that relevant to what I posted?
I stated that I found the band uncomfortable and somewhat unreliable, but used it anyway because it actually was way more convenient than the old KTTW cards.
I guess I accidently grouped you in with the other two.

Regardless...convenient is a relative term. My wallet is pretty conveniently located on my rear end...makes the KTTW card pretty easy to get to. I've never found myself saying "wow, it is so inconvenient for me to have to whip out my wallet and grab my KTTW card...I wish they would solve this problem for me!"

ninjaprincesst

I find it odd so many people seem to be against the bands yet there are people who are booked or December trips going into meltdown because they can't get the bands yet. I personally like the idea of the bands because it's one less thing I have to carry into the parks.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I find it odd so many people seem to be against the bands yet there are people who are booked or December trips going into meltdown because they can't get the bands yet. I personally like the idea of the bands because it's one less thing I have to carry into the parks.
When they work (as was the case for my SIL and nephew), they work well.
When they are glitchy, they're a pain.

Buried20KLeague

Regardless...convenient is a relative term. My wallet is pretty conveniently located on my rear end...makes the KTTW card pretty easy to get to. I've never found myself saying "wow, it is so inconvenient for me to have to whip out my wallet and grab my KTTW card...I wish they would solve this problem for me!"

A million times, this.

I feel like the people touting the "amazing new convenience of the band over anything we've had before!" Must have had their head explode when TV remotes were invented... Or any other ACTUAL innovation.

muteki

Even with them I'm still having to carry my phone and wallet. I might be down a card or two but that is negligible really.

COProgressFan

Is it that hard to carry a room key card? Serious question.

Also, don't you already carry ID with you (perhaps in a wallet)? Or some cash for emergencies.

I just don't follow the explanation from some people that a MagicBand makes things easier because of fewer things to carry, and I'm trying to understand it.

COProgressFan

Even with them I'm still having to carry my phone and wallet. I might be down a card or two but that is negligible really.

That's my thought as well. There may be benefits to the bands (arguably), but I'm not sure not carrying a small plastic KTTW card with you (when you likely are already carrying several other small plastic cards with you) is one of them.

muteki

That's my thought as well. There may be benefits to the bands (arguably), but I'm not sure not carrying a small plastic KTTW card with you (when you likely are already carrying several other small plastic cards with you) is one of them.
I'll have my drivers license on me since I drive to the parks usually and will get carded for drinks, I have credit cards/cash on hand for emergencies and when touch to pay isn't working, I'll have my phone on hand so I can shuffle around FP's...the MB isn't replacing any of those.

As a replacement to carrying around things, it is much more viable on a cruise ship than in the parks.

Florida_is_hot

They line up for iPhones too.....

Carry !!! it is ONE stupid card, very hard to carry.
You do not get fast passes because you do not want to CARRY extra paper?

Somebody not having pockets?
I always have a pocket, hard for me to have keys, wallet etc... without a pocket.
I believe some women have purses.

I bet they hate piece plastic in their pockets but find some way to carry their phones.

Line up for you iPhone because Apple tells you too.
Line up for band because Disney tells you too.

I shake my head and look away.

ninjaprincesst

Carrying the cards means carrying a wallet and purse. I can not stand things in my pockets and I have lived through the hassle of my nieces card falling out of her pocket, spent a whole lot of park time getting that replaced. I like the idea of magic band on wrist and no purse.

ninjaprincesst

Is it that hard to carry a room key card? Serious question.

Also, don't you already carry ID with you (perhaps in a wallet)? Or some cash for emergencies.

I just don't follow the explanation from some people that a MagicBand makes things easier because of fewer things to carry, and I'm trying to understand it.
No since I don't need it I will leave it in the room and I am willing to live without my phone to not have to carry a purse.

ninjaprincesst

Try carrying a purse all day, I know men carry wallets and phones in their pocket, you are lucky. I have also noticed the fact that I have a purse seems to make everyone else in my partys crap "magically" end up in my purse.

ninjaprincesst

So when the system goes down (as it has once already), how are you going to buy anything (drinks, food, etc.)?

I will either wait till its back up or make the bf pay. I usually don't carry around a lot of cash at Disney anyway. Also we are one the dining plan and no one in my group is a big snacker so I typically don't buy that much food or drink. Im not saying eveyone will have less to carry it's always personal preference plus I can't stand things in my pockets and I know that does not bother the other 99.9% of the world so it won't affect them at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom