T-shirts! Getchya Magic Band T-shirts

FigmentJedi

Those shirts are insulting.

They might as well make a "I <3 the tangled toilets" shirt and sell that.
I wouldn't put it past them. Remember the Disney Truck shirts?

blu871643SMALL.jpg

wild01ride

I'm trying to figure out why there are so many people so vehemently against the T-shirts (or accessories, etc.). I'm sensing a bit of animosity, potentially due to the fact that the Magic Bands are
not actually available to everyone at this point - however, the sentiment feels similar to an attitude of "anyone who drives a BMW is a total DB..." (For the record, I do not own or drive a BMW, and that's a discussion for another day...)
Anyhow, why would a cheesy/corny/etc. shirt about Magic Bands be so dispicable? There are SO many shirts which have completely random topics, references and context.
There are Monorail shirts with the Spanish version of the warning spiel on them. "Who on Earth would buy a T-shirt with the Disney Transportation vehicle on it with the recorded warning spiel printed across the front?"
Hmm...I think at least "a handful" of people have bought them (I have one).
The association with something that we feel is "kinda cool" is enough for us to want to endorse it or wear something that promotes it (why do people put stickers of Energy Drink brands in the back windows of their cars??)
At the end of the day, it's something that feels fun, invokes a memory of an experience, etc., etc.
Why all the cynicism?

Bairstow

I'm trying to figure out why there are so many people so vehemently against the T-shirts (or accessories, etc.). I'm sensing a bit of animosity, potentially due to the fact that the Magic Bands are
not actually available to everyone at this point - however, the sentiment feels similar to an attitude of "anyone who drives a BMW is a total DB..." (For the record, I do not own or drive a BMW, and that's a discussion for another day...)
Anyhow, why would a cheesy/corny/etc. shirt about Magic Bands be so dispicable? There are SO many shirts which have completely random topics, references and context.
There are Monorail shirts with the Spanish version of the warning spiel on them. "Who on Earth would buy a T-shirt with the Disney Transportation vehicle on it with the recorded warning spiel printed across the front?"
Hmm...I think at least "a handful" of people have bought them (I have one).
The association with something that we feel is "kinda cool" is enough for us to want to endorse it or wear something that promotes it (why do people put stickers of Energy Drink brands in the back windows of their cars??)
At the end of the day, it's something that feels fun, invokes a memory of an experience, etc., etc.
Why all the cynicism?

Can't speak for the haters, but,
A lot of people feel that the MagicBands exist primarily to encourage even more irresponsible guest spending rather than to enhance the guest experience in any meaningful way. For guests to buy a T-shirt commemorating the devices is celebrating something that was created to their detriment, so Disney's willingness to offer such T-shirts is evidence of absolute hubris on their part.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Can't speak for the haters, but,
A lot of people feel that the MagicBands exist primarily to encourage even more irresponsible guest spending rather than to enhance the guest experience in any meaningful way. For guests to buy a T-shirt commemorating the devices is celebrating something that was created to their detriment, so Disney's willingness to offer such T-shirts is evidence of absolute hubris on their part.
Bingo!

NearTheEars

They seem pretty clever to me. And folks will buy them and that's exactly why they are selling them.

The average WDW fan, who doesn't read these forums, probably love the bands. They have no idea so many here already dislike (many passing judgement without ever experiencing one yet).

I for one can't wait to try one out. And if it's uncomfortable, I'll stick to my lanyard and plastic card.

luv

not actually available to everyone at this point -
I'm not really "vehemently against" the shirts. The idea of buying a shirt to celebrate something I really do not want is just kind of funny, that's all.

If people are really crazy about the wristbands and want to buy a shirt that celebrates it, I'm all for that. :)

James122

The charms are kinda neat looking, but there's no way I'd ever spend money on them. I for sure wouldn't buy the shirt but I can see many others buying it, if for no other reason than to commemorate the fact that they get to rock the magic bands before the general public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom