Survivor S38: Edge of Extinction

PUSH

Original Poster
I really have liked the blue tribe this season, which is unfortunate because they keep getting voted off. The other tribe has been a dud so far, but we haven't seen much of them, so the jury's still out. But most seasons we have one dominating tribe, the dominating tribe's players tend to be less interesting than the losing tribe. Which makes the merge boring. This season needs some spark, though. I'm hoping it's a season that starts slow, then pumps up come the merge.

PUSH

Original Poster
I never thought of this until I just saw a tweet, but now that they're permanently in Fiji, returning castaways could have played on these exact same beaches before. For example, Aubry is now on the same beach she played on in Game Changers... and she's being given a tour by Wendy. David has played on these beaches I believe as well. Kelley and Joe would not have played on these beaches in any of their seasons.

NYwdwfan

I never thought of this until I just saw a tweet, but now that they're permanently in Fiji, returning castaways could have played on these exact same beaches before. For example, Aubry is now on the same beach she played on in Game Changers... and she's being given a tour by Wendy. David has played on these beaches I believe as well. Kelley and Joe would not have played on these beaches in any of their seasons.
Wow - that’s crazy.

PUSH

Original Poster
Another reason I don't like captains seasons: I hate Victoria, Eric, and Gavin. On other seasons I may view them as good players. But because I already loved Aubry, I now hate them because they voted her out. I know I shouldn't, but I do. Because Aubry is awesome.

PUSH

Original Poster
Shorter thoughts:

Noooo! Aubry! Please get back in!

I actually loved this Tribal twist this time... it's better without all returnees. It gave this season some juice. It was the right move by all players to take out Wendy.

I'm actually liking EoE. I am interested to see how they get back in and how many do. I'm hoping it's not like Redemption Island where someone gets back at the final 5, too. That's too far into the game. At least at this point players don't have their games and alliances and relationships set yet. I would be okay if they don't have anyone else go back to EoE, but I know that's not likely.

Overall a pretty weak premerge. The two highlights were this Tribal and seeing Lesu finally win immunity. I also loved seeing Aubry find her idol.

Oh, and Reem is crazy.

NYwdwfan

Shorter thoughts:

Noooo! Aubry! Please get back in!

I actually loved this Tribal twist this time... it's better without all returnees. It gave this season some juice. It was the right move by all players to take out Wendy.

I'm actually liking EoE. I am interested to see how they get back in and how many do. I'm hoping it's not like Redemption Island where someone gets back at the final 5, too. That's too far into the game. At least at this point players don't have their games and alliances and relationships set yet. I would be okay if they don't have anyone else go back to EoE, but I know that's not likely.

Overall a pretty weak premerge. The two highlights were this Tribal and seeing Lesu finally win immunity. I also loved seeing Aubry find her idol.

Oh, and Reem is crazy.
Reem was crazy to begin with but a week and a half without food or sleep isn’t doing her any favors. I’m curious what happens to the people that don’t make it in. Are they gone or do they go back to EoE. And do those in the game KNOW what happens to them or are they left wondering.

PUSH

Original Poster
Reem was crazy to begin with but a week and a half without food or sleep isn’t doing her any favors. I’m curious what happens to the people that don’t make it in. Are they gone or do they go back to EoE. And do those in the game KNOW what happens to them or are they left wondering.
Good question. To be honest, I only want Aubry or Devens back in. I'd be happy if both of them got back in. Anyone else would be a let down. Based on edits, I'd be surprised if it was Chris. He's been invisible, and it sounds like Keith is going to use his advantage against him. And overall, this is not a physical group. It's really anybody's game if it comes down to a challenge.

NYwdwfan

Good question. To be honest, I only want Aubry or Devens back in. I'd be happy if both of them got back in. Anyone else would be a let down. Based on edits, I'd be surprised if it was Chris. He's been invisible, and it sounds like Keith is going to use his advantage against him. And overall, this is not a physical group. It's really anybody's game if it comes down to a challenge.
I’m puzzled by the timing of their return. He brings them to the challenge arena, announces the merge so the challenge is for individual immunity and then the oh by the way moment. Wait - how many stations were set up? BRB.

NYwdwfan

There’s six. And six players on EoE. So that challenge is to get back in? Again - how many? And I guess the regular players watch, then feast, then have their individual immunity challenge later? So how many are truly still in the game? 12? They can’t let more than 1 back in then, right?

SAV

So we can see Wardog is not an athlete. Those sports Tat's are just to make you think that. Dude can't throw and has no idea the right way to do it.

Both votes look to be the right move.

I was worried for Lauren. Don't want to see her go.

I liked Keith's attitude of Don't wait around. Go and try to find the stuff. It's not a tribe game on Edge...everyone for themselves. I'm glad they did show a bit more of EOE this time.

PUSH

Original Poster
There’s six. And six players on EoE. So that challenge is to get back in? Again - how many? And I guess the regular players watch, then feast, then have their individual immunity challenge later? So how many are truly still in the game? 12? They can’t let more than 1 back in then, right?
They've merged a lot at 13 recently. However, those are typically in 20 person seasons, not 18. At 18 they typically merge at 12.

artvandelay

This first hour was Victoria and Gavin’s time to shine. Victoria set up Aubrey perfectly and Gavin sold it at tribal.

After seeing what Chris was given to practice with, Rob Cesternino is guessing the Extinction comp will be the jail break competetion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom