Survivor S38: Edge of Extinction

PUSH

Original Poster
She was so proud of her flint stealing too. It was so infuriating!! I have nooooo patience for people that mess with food or force their food views on others.
Wendy tweeted our a video clip that wasn't aired. It was essentially the entire tribe (minus David) making fun of Wendy for limping away and using a stick to walk. It was only part of a larger story, but it did seem to be crossing the line a bit, at least when taken out of context. The clip had a confessional of David explaining that he did not feel comfortable with it because he was bullied his whole life for similar things, like being small and weak. Wendy included with the tweet that she had to deal with a "bully mentality" on her tribe. She also said, "It's not the 'edit' that makes people villains."

I'm not saying the tribe's actions were justified, but she did talk about purposely putting her entire tribe at a disadvantage by releasing chickens (which we say in the preview will actually happen), they know she stole the flint, even if she didn't confess, and from day 1 she was unwilling to work with anybody or even listen to what anybody other than Reem had to say. And yes, when you openly target Kelley Wentworth... that's a player that will not just let you take her out. She's going to fight for herself.

artvandelay

This has been a tough season getting to know a lot of the players, especially the Kama tribe. Kama hasn’t gone to tribal yet so Manu has been driving the story. Now with a two to three tribe swap coming and Extinction island, there’s not a lot of time in an episode to get to know players we haven’t seen yet.

PUSH

Original Poster
This has been a tough season getting to know a lot of the players, especially the Kama tribe. Kama hasn’t gone to tribal yet so Manu has been driving the story. Now with a two to three tribe swap coming and Extinction island, there’s not a lot of time in an episode to get to know players we haven’t seen yet.
That's been the complaint with all the "island" seasons. Redemption Island, Ghost Island, Edge of Extinction... those places take away from character development, which makes me less invested in which players return. Not to mention, this season we really don't know much about any relationships outside of Kelley/Lauren and David/Devens. That's why I'm having such a hard time with this season. I can't get invested in anybody. I'm relying on my past knowledge of returning players to inform who I should be rooting for.

PUSH

Original Poster
This was probably my favorite episode of the season, but I also hated it. I really like all of the people on the Lesu tribe! Although my most desired outcome from the two outcomes happened, it was still sad to see Devens voted out. Some more thoughts...

1. The last time we had a tribe swap even remotely similar to this was in All-Stars with Amber. But with three tribes, that's crazy!

2. I'm okay with Edge of Extinction so far. I kind of like seeing Reem POed at everyone who comes, and it will be interesting to see how the society develops. It's looking like they are going to be in a "me versus you" mentality unless they have a close ally. It's fun how they know absolutely nothing about what's going to happen, too. What I'm not sure I'll like is when/how they bring somebody back.

3. Joe shouldn't be allowed to compete. He's too good at challenges. But his social and strategic game are bad. He has no reads on anybody.

4. Wendy. Ugh. I was going to give her a shot as Aubry's blind follower, but don't let the chickens go! Everybody knows it's you! She didn't even pretend to hide the fact that it was her. I hope they catch one and eat one. However, I think Wendy will be around for a long time because she's so easy to use if you're somebody like Aubry. And Aubry is smart with how she uses people. Wendy can be her Tai from this season.

5. This Tribal Council was interesting. David and Devens were attacking Kelley for 3 episode, and now suddenly everyone is so tight that they can't vote each other off? I mean, I get it, but that seems like some false editing through the first few episodes. And I'm wondering if that's why I couldn't connect with this season so far. It was more manufactured to hide the fact of what's really happening (except for episode 1)

6. I am so pulling for Lesu. I'd love to see this plus Aubry as the final 5. I find most people from former Kama to be a little arrogant from what we've seen so far. I think that also may be why I have trouble connecting with this season. There's a lot of self-entitlement and arrogance of "you don't deserve this as much as I do because you've played before". The five from Lesu seem more genuine.

PUSH

Original Poster
I really do not like Reem. Dude JUST got voted off and her first words are “you are not in good graces here sweetheart”. Come on lady.
I actually like her for entertainment. She's no where on the level of Natalie from last season, that's impossible to capture, but she's that totally unaware person that I view as comedy. But again, Natalie takes the cake by far in this category.

NYwdwfan

I’m starting to wonder how they are going to weed out the people at the edge of extinction. They can’t ALL come back it would negate the entire season prior to that point.

PUSH

Original Poster
I’m starting to wonder how they are going to weed out the people at the edge of extinction. They can’t ALL come back it would negate the entire season prior to that point.
I'd actually like for it to be something other than a challenge. I'm interested in how they decide. I really hope it's only one person who gets back in. And I hope it's not right at the very end.

artvandelay

I can’t remember how they did this in Pearl Islands with the outcast twist.

PUSH

Original Poster
I can’t remember how they did this in Pearl Islands with the outcast twist.
They had the outcasts compete in a challenge against the other two tribes. If they won they got to vote for two people they thought were the most deserving to get back in the game. They ended up winning and the two people with the most votes to get back in the game were Burton and Lil.

Watchers

3 Tribes

PUSH

Original Poster
I like to see something happen with those evicted.....
I mean send someone home...
Yes, it'd be interesting to have a "max capacity" to EoE. There's only enough food for X amount of people. Whoever finds it first gets to eat. No sharing. You may get people to leave in that scenario. Or have a way that someone goes home every few votes.

Watchers

Yes, it'd be interesting to have a "max capacity" to EoE. There's only enough food for X amount of people. Whoever finds it first gets to eat. No sharing. You may get people to leave in that scenario. Or have a way that someone goes home every few votes.
I like to see them fight to stay...
I don't mean punch each other but do something to stay in the game....

NYwdwfan

I saw a commercial for this week’s episode and they called it an “epic Survivor event”. Well that’s setting the bar a little high, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom