Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

NYwdwfan

One other thought - Adam's advantage is really not one. If he were to use it he would surely forfeit any chance of winning. The person (& people in the alliance with) on the losing end would surely hold a grudge should they end up on the jury. It's almost like the producers trying to lure someone into majorly messing up their game. Kind of like how the person to win the car never won the game.

DinoInstitute

One other thought - Adam's advantage is really not one. If he were to use it he would surely forfeit any chance of winning. The person (& people in the alliance with) on the losing end would surely hold a grudge should they end up on the jury. It's almost like the producers trying to lure someone into majorly messing up their game. Kind of like how the person to win the car never won the game.
Nonetheless, it's still a good thing to have. For obvious reasons you pointed out it would hurt him, but it's not like he has to use it. And if he ends up in a position where it really could help him if he's screwed or something then it's nice to have in his back pocket. Plus, it's better than it being in the hands of someone else and them stealing your reward.

I wonder if he's allowed to steal stuff from an auction?

NYwdwfan

Nonetheless, it's still a good thing to have. For obvious reasons you pointed out it would hurt him, but it's not like he has to use it. And if he ends up in a position where it really could help him if he's screwed or something then it's nice to have in his back pocket. Plus, it's better than it being in the hands of someone else and them stealing your reward.

I wonder if he's allowed to steal stuff from an auction?
I was wondering the same thing!

PUSH

Adam could use the advantage to try and earn someone's trust. He did it with Taylor, but Taylor isn't the person to be logical with. I think he could really use it as a tool with the Gen X alliance. Can he give it to someone else? If so that's a way to get one someone's good side, while screwing up their game.

GenerationX

Yep. The first thing I thought of when I saw the "advantage" was that the best thing to do with it would be to put it back and let someone else find it. I've always been a proponent of NOT winning reward challenges post-merge. "Stealing" someone's reward is even worse. And, yes, I agree the producers ARE trying to get someone to mess up their game. Adam has fallen into their trap.

One other thing, Taylor's not the sharpest machete on the island, that's for sure.

PUSH

I was thinking Sunday was getting the "boot edit" this week with her sudden rise in screen time tonight. I thought that all the way up until there was no talk about her plan outside of mentioning it to Bret.

But finally Taylor is gone! By far the most annoying player this season. Jay and Will had to have voted to Taylor, which is a smart move on their part.

Adam is imploding. While he was telling the truth at Tribal, he is not good at persuading and convincing. He gets very defensive, which shows guilt, even if there is none.

A pretty slow episode and very predictable. I figured as much after Michelle's boot.

As for next week's previews, it looks like Gen X might turn on each other, and Jay's idol gets around. But you should never trust a preview.

PUSH

I don't know why Adam didn't say how he would never actually USE the advantage because it would ruin his social game and then get up and throw the paper in the fire. Problem solved.

Good riddance Taylor.

Next week should be fun.
I think Adam has every intention of using it for a family visit. He doesn't get the social game. He's purely strategic. He's interpreting the game the way I did when I first started watching, and I've grown to realize the social game is as important, if not more important than the strategy. He tries to use logic to explain why he hurts peoples feelings. That rarely works; you have to appeal to them emotionally.

NYwdwfan

I think Adam has every intention of using it for a family visit. He doesn't get the social game. He's purely strategic. He's interpreting the game the way I did when I first started watching, and I've grown to realize the social game is as important, if not more important than the strategy. He tries to use logic to explain why he hurts peoples feelings. That rarely works; you have to appeal to them emotionally.
I think you're right.

PUSH

I think you're right.
And that, folks, is why I'd win Survivor.

Actually, Fishbach and Rob Cesternino talk about the importance of appealing to others' emotions, and they sold me on the idea. Yet, neither of them have won in their 4 combined attempts.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Taylor is an idiot.
Michelle was annoying, and she wasn't even playing.

Why Adam was vilified for FINDING an advantage as much as Taylor was for STEALING food, is beyond me. One was a stroke of luck. The other, a blatant theft. :facepalm:

I'm still Team Ken all the way! Other faves include Chris, Will, and Jessica. I'm kind of over Brett, Adam, and Zeke.

I'm too tired for any kind of deep analysis. Hurry up Dalton Ross and post your recap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom