Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

RMichael21

Original Poster
Honestly, this season has shaped up in the past episode or two to be a great one. The pre-merge was definitely somewhat dull, but the gameplay has been great. Even Jeff mentioned how it looks like this is their second time playing.

Also, may I add that the challenges this season are fantastic. I don't think there's been a season with this many new/not recycled challenges in a while.

Now, it's looking like the two sides are:

David
Ken
Hannah
Adam

Bret
Sunday
Zeke

And then Jay and Will are kind of in the middle... But, my guess is that they're going to side with Zeke and his crew because of their past connections with him on the Millenial tribe.

That means it's 5 (Zeke's army) against 4 (David's army). It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also, that sucks for Jessica. Had she just changed her vote to Hannah, she wouldn't have gone home.

PUSH

Just caught up, and I agree with the "wow" comments. I'll start with the first half.

Glad Chris is out. He was a threat, and I think his control over the game was making it somewhat dull. I've never been a huge fan of him, Bret or Sunday. David definitely continued to build his underdog story in the first part of the episode with the reward challenge and his immunity win.

Now onto the second half...

The 3rd time we've ever gone to rocks. First Paschal in Marquesas, and then we waited 23 seasons before our second case when Tina Wesson's daughter, Katie, drew them in Blood vs Water. The only other time we've come close was in Cambodia when the tribe unanimously decided to vote out Kimmi instead of Keith or Tasha since Spencer had immunity, and Kelley Wentworth and Jeremy played idols, causing the first ever voteless Tribal Council. But enough of me being a Survivor history nerd...

As a Survivor fan, I felt like Fishbach during that Cambodia vote, excited to see such a rare thing happen. But it really left my favorite (David) as a huge target with little protection. Zeke and David were my top two favorites, but I soured a little on Zeke in the second half of the episode when he started to feel super powerful. I really didn't like Bret and him attacking David for his anxiety at TC. I really am not a fan of Bret. He's loud and obnoxious, but I started to change my tune on him during his alone time with Zeke on that reward. And then all of that went away at TC. But I'm getting off track, so let's try to get this post together again...

It's clearly David, Ken, Hannah and Adam. Then the other side has Zeke, Bret and Sunday. I think Zeke would love that as his final three, because he's he obvious winner. Jay and Will are in no alliance, which is beneficial at this point, especially since Jay still has his idol. Will has shown betrayal as he's trying to save his own game after being complacent for most of the season. I honestly don't know what is going to happen. I feel like David is getting the underdog edit, which leads me to believe he's the winner, or he's going out 4th. You look at previous seasons, and the underdog has gone out at 4 a lot. Spencer in Cagayan, Wentworth in Cambodia, Jerri in Heroes vs Villains, etc. All three of those examples likely would have won their seasons...

And to conclude my incoherent post, I will again start up my Survivor power rankings! Because why not when I have absolutely no idea what will happen? The person at the top is who I feel will NOT be going home next week, and the person at the bottom I feel has the greatest chance of going home.

1. Sunday - She's not on anyone's radar, and she's not going to be a huge threat going forward.
2. Jay - His idol and challenge abilities are the reason he's so high.
3. Adam - His idol puts him up here, and he hasn't been brought up much over the past two votes. He's good to take to the end because nobody will vote for him.
4. Bret - He's loud, which is sometimes problematic, but he's not a power player. There are many others with bigger targets.
5. Will - He's starting to play harder, which could be eye-opening, but he's really not on anyone's radar.
6. Ken - My thoughts with Ken are he's target #2 after David. If for some reason they don't want to go with David on the next vote, Ken could be the next guy in line.
7. Hannah - She's not a great alliance member. She doesn't hide her true thoughts well, and she's a liability. She thought she was an asset to David, but she blew her entire cover by freaking out with Zeke.
8. Zeke - He's been widely exposed. He's smart, and that's dangerous.
9. David - He's the most strategic guy out there with a great story to go along with it. That's not someone you should take to the end. Yeah, he's burned people, but nobody holds that against him.

PUSH

Compiling a list of 25 finalists for the Survivor Hall of Fame (yes, I actually did go through a list of all Survivor players in history)...

- Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island & Caramoan)
- Aras Baskauskas (Panama & Blood vs Water)
- Aubry Bracco (Koah Rong)
- Candice Cody (Cook Islands, Heroes vs Villains & Blood vs Water)
- Ciera Eastin (Blood vs Water & Cambodia)
- Eliza Orlins (Vanuatu & Micronesia)
- Jeremy Collins (San Juan del Sur & Cambodia)
- Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands, Micronesia & Philippines)
- JT Thomas (Tocantins & Heroes vs Villains)
- Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (Marquesas & All-Stars)
- Kelley Wentworth (San Juan del Sur & Cambodia)
- Kelly Wiglesworth (Borneo & Cambodia)
- Malcolm Freberg (Philippines & Caramoan)
- Natalie Anderson (San Juan del Sur)
- Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs Villains & Blood vs Water)
- Sophie Clarke (South Pacific)
- Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan & Cambodia)
- Stephen Fishbach (Tocantins & Cambodia)
- Stephenie LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala & Heroes vs Villains)
- Tina Wesson (The Australian Outback, All-Stars & Blood vs Water)
- Terry Dietz (Panama & Cambodia)
- Todd Herzog (China)
- Tony Vlachos (Cagayan)
- Tyson Apostol (Tocantins, Heroes vs Villains & Blood vs Water)
- Yul Kwon (Cook Islands)

I'll pick my three later, but I'm thinking Tyson has to be one. I believe I voted for Todd last year. A lot of good names on this list.

EDIT - I forgot to put in Tony Vlachos before I posted, so I swapped Joe Anglim for him.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Compiling a list of 25 finalists for the Survivor Hall of Fame (yes, I actually did go through a list of all Survivor players in history)...

- Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island & Caramoan)
- Aras Baskauskas (Panama & Blood vs Water)
- Aubry Bracco (Koah Rong)
- Candice Cody (Cook Islands, Heroes vs Villains & Blood vs Water)
- Ciera Eastin (Blood vs Water & Cambodia)
- Eliza Orlins (Vanuatu & Micronesia)
- Jeremy Collins (San Juan del Sur & Cambodia)
- Joe Anglim (Worlds Apart & Cambodia)
- Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands, Micronesia & Philippines)
- JT Thomas (Tocantins & Heroes vs Villains)
- Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (Marquesas & All-Stars)
- Kelley Wentworth (San Juan del Sur & Cambodia)
- Kelly Wiglesworth (Borneo & Cambodia)
- Malcolm Freberg (Philippines & Caramoan)
- Natalie Anderson (San Juan del Sur)
- Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs Villains & Blood vs Water)
- Sophie Clarke (South Pacific)
- Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan & Cambodia)
- Stephen Fishbach (Tocantins & Cambodia)
- Stephenie LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala & Heroes vs Villains)
- Tina Wesson (The Australian Outback, All-Stars & Blood vs Water)
- Terry Dietz (Panama & Cambodia)
- Todd Herzog (China)
- Tyson Apostol (Tocantins, Heroes vs Villains & Blood vs Water)
- Yul Kwon (Cook Islands)

I'll pick my three later, but I'm thinking Tyson has to be one. I believe I voted for Todd last year. A lot of good names on this list.
I like Penner, Wiglesworth, and Rupie.

PUSH

I like Penner, Wiglesworth, and Rupie.
Penner is another strong candidate of mine. He should have won Philippines, and I wish I could have seen him finish in Micronesia. He's one of the best players to never win. Very underrated, and I'd love to see him play again.

Also, I swapped out Joe for Tony because I forgot to do so before I posted. At first glance I would say Tyson, Tony, Penner, Todd, Yul and Jeremy are my legitimate contenders - putting personal favorites aside.

PUSH

I decided my 3 votes.

1. Tyson Apostol - 3-time player, one time winner. He is a classic Survivor character, but when his girlfriend, Rachel, was voted out of Blood vs Water I think it really lit a fire under him. I don't think he was necessarily serious about winning before that moment. And he proved he could play that season, taking out the powerhouse duo of Aras and Vytas. He had his blunder in Heroes vs Villains, but it was a logical mistake he made. At the time nobody on their season knew was Russell was capable of.

2. Tony Vlachos - He was the Russell of his season, causing more chaos than Kass. He weaved in and out of alliances, playing a reckless game but had the people skills to win over Trish and Woo. He made it to the end despite numerous attempts from Spencer, Tasha and others to put the spotlight on him. The most reckless winner in Survivor history, but his ability to recover after blindsiding his alliances was incredible.

3. Jonathan Penner - He falsely assumed he was in with Candice in Cook Islands and took the heat for his mutiny, but came back with a strong start in Micronesia before his evacuation. You could see there how much the game meant to him. He had a decent grasp of the game at the time, too, and I'm not sure Parvati would have won had he not been evacuated. His best game came in the Philippines when he was in solid control of the game. I believe he would have won that season had he not turned down an offer of a final 3 alliance with Lisa and Skupin. Agreeing to that final 3 would have given him a win and a top 10 spot in all-time Survivor players in my opinion. Plus, his wittiness makes for a great character to watch.

Can you tell I love Survivor history? I could talk about the game for a week.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I voted via email.
Penner, Wiglesworth, and Rupie.

Sorry @PUSH, you know how much I dislike Tony. Tyson is okay, but he's not anywhere near the top of my list.

This is the current HoF list:
IMG_0759.JPG

PUSH

I voted via email.
Penner, Wiglesworth, and Rupie.

Sorry @PUSH, you know how much I dislike Tony. Tyson is okay, but he's not anywhere near the top of my list.

This is the current HoF list:
View attachment 177178
I can understand Rupert. My reason for leaving him off is his lack of strategic brains and how I found him more and more annoying each time he played. I always felt like he knew he was a big name in the Survivor world, so he played to that. Wiglesworth is a Survivor legend, but her second chance left me wanting more. She, too, lacked the strategic brains.

My other real considerations were Todd, Jeremy, Yul, and Tina.

If I was accounting for my like/dislike of the players I would have picked Spencer, Penner, and Andrea/Wentworth/Stephenie/Natalie. I'm really high on Natalie and want her to play again. Very underrated.

PUSH

Interesting episode tonight. The loved ones visit was tear-inducing. Several of the stories made me tear up - not cry, just tear up. :p

I continue to feel and sympathize for Adam. I also was touched by Zeke and David's loved one visits. Jay was also very humble in this situation. He didn't go for alliances, he played with real-life in mind.

The immunity challenge looked very difficult. I would have been out within a minute. Kudos to Adam for his efforts.

Will finally took off the pull-ups and put on his big boy underwear tonight, although Tribal made it look a little like a pouting child who just wants to be heard. He could be getting in over his head. Adam's idol play was interesting. A lot of plays for others this season, which is unusual. It's much more common in returning player seasons. However, Will voted with Adam's alliance I believe, so it was another wasted idol.

I'm a little sad Zeke went home. He is a good player, and I hope to see him return.

And now my power rankings...

1. Sunday - She hasn't done anything.
2. Bret - He hasn't done anything either, and has been in the background.
3. Jay - He's wisely faded into the background, and he has an idol. He also has a strategic mind, and I could see him winning if he gets to the end. He's earned a lot of respect from his fellow castaways.
4. Hannah - She's been targeted each of the past two weeks, but for all the bad reasons. She's not a threat.
5. Adam - He's starting to get back into the game after falling out of it a few votes ago. He has some good alliance members, but nobody is gunning for him. His lack of an idol makes him fall below Hannah this time.
6. Ken - He really isn't the most strategic player, and it seems like his personality of peace and harmony is wearing on people. Plus he's a perceived threat.
7. Will - Nobody likes to be bossed around, especially by a high schooler. As much as you don't think it matters in Survivor, those thoughts still hold true to everyone else in the game. He could be getting in over his head.
8. David - No idol, strategic threat, underdog story... I'd want him out immediately now that Zeke is gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom