Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

DinoInstitute

That's a good point that I hadn't accounted for. Definitely a good way to get her off the jury, and I'm sure that crossed through Jay's mind. Another benefit is getting her out when she knows Jay has an idol. I just don't trust Bret enough to keep him over Michaela. It's hard to start counting jury votes before the merge.
I have a feeling they're going to regret not taking out Bret here before the merge...He just seems like he's going to be shiftier and be playing some more angles in the game that could mix some things up, while with Michaela, you know where her head is at. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bret come back from this 100%.

Looking at the merge (which is another big 13 person one!), we have 7 millenials (Adam, Taylor, Zeke, Michele, Hannah, Jay, and Will), and 6 Gen X-ers (Bret, Sunday, David, Ken, Chris, and Jessica). The question is whether or not these tribes will stick together, and I'm willing to bet the answer is no. Didn't really get much from the preview to see how the dynamic shakes down, but Hannah is already seemingly willing to flip, Taylor showed no allegiance to them tonight, and Zeke has been toying with the idea of joining Gen X. If those three decide to come together with Gen X and those become the two sides of the early merge, things could get interesting...as you got to imagine Adam/Jay will be the primary targets (by Hannah/Taylor), yet they both have idols...

PUSH

I have a feeling they're going to regret not taking out Bret here before the merge...He just seems like he's going to be shiftier and be playing some more angles in the game that could mix some things up, while with Michaela, you know where her head is at. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bret come back from this 100%.

Looking at the merge (which is another big 13 person one!), we have 7 millenials (Adam, Taylor, Zeke, Michele, Hannah, Jay, and Will), and 6 Gen X-ers (Bret, Sunday, David, Ken, Chris, and Jessica). The question is whether or not these tribes will stick together, and I'm willing to bet the answer is no. Didn't really get much from the preview to see how the dynamic shakes down, but Hannah is already seemingly willing to flip, Taylor showed no allegiance to them tonight, and Zeke has been toying with the idea of joining Gen X. If those three decide to come together with Gen X and those become the two sides of the early merge, things could get interesting...as you got to imagine Adam/Jay will be the primary targets (by Hannah/Taylor), yet they both have idols...
I see David bringing Zeke to join up with Ken and Jessica plus Adam, so that makes...

Alliance 1: David, Ken, Zeke, Jessica, Adam (and that's how I think the order of power will go)

I also see Taylor teaming up with Jay and Will...

Alliance 2: Jay, Will and Taylor

I'd be wiling to bet Chris and Brett will team back up, which means Sunday will tag along too...

Alliance 3: Chris, Bret, Sunday

That leaves Michelle and Hannah as the outsiders. Michelle I can see sticking with her tribe, but she knows she's on the bottom. Her other option is to try and get something going with Jay, Will and Taylor from her first alliance. Although she seemed to be on the bottom of that alliance too, and her best friend Figgy is now gone.

Hannah is very wishy washy. She might want to get revenge, but I think she's ultimately going to go with whoever approaches her last. Michelle had that moment where she persuaded her in the 2nd vote against Mari, and I can see these two going together.

Of course none of this will probably actually happen, so it will be fun to see how it shakes out!

And I still don't have a favorite. A lot of likable people who provide interesting viewpoints. I'd be happy to see David, Ken, Zeke, Adam, Michelle or Jay win at this point. I'm not a huge fan of Chris, Bret or Sunday. Taylor is dumb. Will is just kind of there, and he seemed easily persuaded. And Jessica is not in control of her own game. And Hannah is just Hannah.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just finished. Daaaaaaaannnnnngggg

Brett, the funeral director, made it to the merge! Lol

If I was in Jay's place, I probably would have done the same.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Every vote. Every vote, they went against the numbers. Gen x voted off a gen x. Millennials voting off a millennial.

We will see if that continues.

PUSH

Every vote. Every vote, they went against the numbers. Gen x voted off a gen x. Millennials voting off a millennial.

We will see if that continues.
I know you jumped on Survivor last season, but I'm sure you've heard this talked about. Now players are so concerned with making big, splash plays that they often don't do the logical and smartest thing. It makes for much more interesting TV, but it's rarely the best thing for their game.

I don't think you've seen this season, but I look to One World with Kim Spradlin. That was one of the most predictable and boring seasons in the post Heroes vs Villains era of Survivor. And part of that was because Kim made such smart moves and had such a strong control on the game. While they weren't flashy moves or over-the-top blindsides, I consider her the 3rd greatest Survivor ever behind Parvati and Boston Rob.

However, I would much rather see a lot of bad plays and dramatic moves than a predictable season. There can still be a satisfying winner without being one of the all-time greats.

SAV

No problem with this move at all. It's not like they were the first ones to vote off one of their own, so it isn't like they are now Enemy #1 to all Milennials. They are just playing the game like everyone.

Michaela was too good of a player with the capability to go on a long Immunity winning streak and her outspoken way could have created problems post-merge.

And as it was said the benefit of not having her on the Jury is good too.

What I don't get is the whole focus on Brett being a cop...is that a bad thing?

PUSH

Had no idea who was going home. And of course right as Michelle is becoming my favorite.

Adam overplayed everything. He is very impatient and wants to take this game by storm, but it's best to just lay low at the start of the merge.

Taylor is an idiot. That's my review on him.

Jay was definitely too confident. He had Will, Taylor and Michelle for sure; everyone else was likely not going with them. And even in the beginning with his core 4, he didn't have the numbers. Can he even count? He doesn't secure his votes, and that's his biggest downfall.

The Gen X played this well. Look like they've all put the past in the past and have focused on joining together. Chris and David seem to be leading them so far. I'm not sure Ken had more than two words in this episode.

Should be an interesting ride, but if the Gen X take control, it could be a boring few episodes here.

Can win: Chris, David, Ken, Zeke

I think Jay is in a terrible position to go the rest of the way. He's going to be too big of a threat and untrustworthy. Adam can get to the end, but he's made enough people mad on both sides that he won't get enough votes.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Adam needs to cool his jets. I like him. But calm down.

I'm fine with Michelle going home. I'm done with that while alliance with Taylor and jay. It would be hilarious if jay blindsided Taylor. Whether it would be a good move or not.

Still want Ken to win. Or maybe Zeke.

PUSH

Adam needs to cool his jets. I like him. But calm down.

I'm fine with Michelle going home. I'm done with that while alliance with Taylor and jay. It would be hilarious if jay blindsided Taylor. Whether it would be a good move or not.

Still want Ken to win. Or maybe Zeke.
I feel like Michelle was the smartest of the Millennials. If she would have had a better starting alliance, she could have done very well I feel like.

But like I said, there is nobody I'm over-the-top enthused about this season. A lot of good characters, but nobody I have enough rooting interest in to definitely want them to win.

NYwdwfan

Taylor is so dumb it's almost hard to watch. Almost. It's funny he thinks he can continue to put a target on Adam's back when he doesn't have anything close to the numbers to make it happen. I'm thinking the next 3 weeks will be Jay, Will & Taylor, in no particular order, then we will get back to gameplay.

PUSH

Taylor is so dumb it's almost hard to watch. Almost. It's funny he thinks he can continue to put a target on Adam's back when he doesn't have anything close to the numbers to make it happen. I'm thinking the next 3 weeks will be Jay, Will & Taylor, in no particular order, then we will get back to gameplay.
The only thing will be if Jay's idol comes into play. I could also see Adam screwing things up. He's definitely on the bottom of the majority alliance.

NYwdwfan

The only thing will be if Jay's idol comes into play. I could also see Adam screwing things up. He's definitely on the bottom of the majority alliance.
I forgot about that. Momentary lapse. Could make things a bit more interesting!

PUSH

I also found it interesting how for the most part original alliances from the original tribes held true. Probably because of the three tribe merge, which has never happened before. Very rarely do original alliances hold true after a tribe swap. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Parvati pulling the majority Favorites back together in Micronesia. Getting Amanda back was the key to her entire game.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Why the heck didn't Mama Sunday turn Idiot Taylor over her knee and give him a major whoopin'? What a cocky, insolent, selfish fool. I am so sorry that Michaela is not there to tear him a new one.

The fact that we barely heard two words from Ken this episode is a good thing. Best to lay low at the merge. Are you listening, Adam?!?

I had no idea who was going home. I was quite surprised to see Michelle's name turn up the first time. Once it did however, I knew it was buh-bye.

Good on Will and Jessica for holding on so long during the immunity challenge. Whoda thunk it?

I'm still Team Ken all the way. Not hating Chris, Brett, David, or Zeke for the win either.

Six - six. Can't wait for next week. Can't wait to hear what Dalton Ross has to say about these characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom