Surprise Your Going to disney

krankenstein

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

That surprise was a huge:

Slide2.jpg

ewensell3

For me I'd be getting so excited to go back or if was my first time but really..This is sad..

Methinks we are missing a part of the story here. Couldn't quite make out what the older boy was saying, but it sounded like he said they were going to someone's house to see dad. A divorcee mother using Disney to redirect the kids away from a father they've not seen in awhile??

Could be reading too much into it, but clearly the kids were expecting something better than a trip to Disney.

DisneyChik17

Wow! That was so funny! That kid just starts bawling, from sadness? :ROFLOL:

The one on there of the little girl eating toast is adorable! The first video is just her parents asking her what she wants to do today, but the second one her Grandmother takes them to the airport and then they tell her. At first, she is a little blank, but then she gets so excited. It's precious. When I have kids, I want to surprise them now.

That was sad. If my kids would have reacted that way it would have hurt. We never took them to amusement parks until they were older (at least 10). What would your reaction be to that?

wdwmomof3

I would have lost it right then and there and I am pretty sure that they would have had to call security to me. :ROFLOL:Those kids look to be very ungrateful. :rolleyes:

Just another reason why I can't keep going to Disney a secret. :lol:

figmentisgreat

Wow... FYI, I love that YETIFAIL picture :)

Does anyone have any pictures or videos when they/their family found out they were going? I'll post my most recent one - my Mom had her camera ready:

vvvvvv Happy Graduation!
n765259654_1008703_2140.jpg

n765259654_1008704_2354.jpg

^^^You're going to Boston!

vvvvvJust kidding - you're going to Disney! (don't worry - happy tears :) )

n765259654_1008705_2556.jpg

n765259654_1008706_2756.jpg

mickeymatt

Methinks we are missing a part of the story here. Couldn't quite make out what the older boy was saying, but it sounded like he said they were going to someone's house to see dad. A divorcee mother using Disney to redirect the kids away from a father they've not seen in awhile??

Could be reading too much into it, but clearly the kids were expecting something better than a trip to Disney.

I thought the same thing. I thought that kid said Dad's house. Kind of sad.

disneyowf

I'm taking the opportunity to respond as my first post :). I agree completely that this was funny for the wrong reason! I would guess the kids are from a separated mom and dad, since I thought the child said 'dad's house' also. This is sad. Unfortunately so many kids aren't as appreciative or respectful as they ought to be. I hope these kids can LEARN to appreciate what they're given a little more...

Jebiford29

I'm taking the opportunity to respond as my first post :). I agree completely that this was funny for the wrong reason! I would guess the kids are from a separated mom and dad, since I thought the child said 'dad's house' also. This is sad. Unfortunately so many kids aren't as appreciative or respectful as they ought to be. I hope these kids can LEARN to appreciate what they're given a little more...

But wouldn't you agree that the mom using "we're going to your dad's house" as a disguise and changing the destination may actually warrant a response for which she wasn't prepared?

stitchsMom

We listened to it a couple times

And perhaps because it is also my Dad's name, we recognize the ennuciation to be ________'s not Dad's. As a divorced mother, and my boyfriend being the product of a broken home we both agree that the likelyhood that the Mom was using "going to Dad's" as a pretense is not realistic. Even among those I know that have an amicable relationship with their ex - they never get excited about their kids going to the other parent, much less use them to cover up a surprise. I think this is really a case of using a family friend that lives in what must be a cool place out of their state, as the pretense. Sad that the kids aren't as excited as we would all be about going to WDW, but judging by the age they look to me I can easily see that the girl is upset because she heard her brother crying, and the middle child is upset because it is really hard to get a toddler/preschooler to switch gears quickly in their minds. The oldest looks like he could care less about Disney on any given day - and that would be as my boyfriend said too bad for him.

Sorry folk's I didn't realize my Dad's name is offensive - but for those that know what the short hand name for Richard used to be way back in the day (and we are not talking about Rick or Richie) - that is what it sounds to us. Wow times sure have changed!

disneyowf

Good point, especially considering the age of the younger two kids. Then, obviously the blame/responsibility goes back to mom. Regardless, Disney should obviously be looked upon like an incredible treat, so I think she's dropped the ball somewhere...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom