Surge Pricing Holding Up (Semi) Annual Increase ...

Siren

Wait. Do you really think FastPass is free and not built into the cost of everything else?

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-11.gif
Ugh, semantics. I thought you were above this kind of thing. As you already know, one can apply this sentiment to practically *anything* that exists past the gates -- rides, shows, parades, transportation, bathrooms -- it all falls under the same umbrella.

Next time, you can just say hi to me, it's always a pleasure to talk to you and you're so much better than this.

Let me get this straight.....you think you get all of that for "free" and Disney doesnt charge you for it?

edit: not only do you pay for it so does everyone else even if they dont use it.
Ugh. Not you, too. Why are you copying off of lebeau, he can't read so I guess you feel you don't have to read either. Right? Wrong. You have to read, too.

My point is, you don't have to make a additional purchase to use fastpass like you do at every other amusement park in the world.

I don't think you understand...

Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to a Fastpass in my post.
I can understand limiting those to one per ride.

I was referring to your park ticket determining how often/how many times you would be allowed on an attraction.
For example: Basic Ticket, you get one ride on ToT. Next level up, two rides. Premium Magical Pass, all you can eat.
That is tiered pricing. The more you pay, the more you get to do.

It has nothing to do with locals or multi-visiting obsessed guests. It would effect every person, from the once a week to the once a decade visitor, that steps up to the ticket window and has to decide how many rides they can afford.

Look at it as a high-tech, more expensive version of the old ticket books.

I can hear it now...."Sorry sweetie, we can't meet the princess. We used up all our experiences and I don't have the money to get more. Maybe the dance party will be free..."
Thanks @Lee -- you're always a gentleman on this forum. This would be so awful, IMO. So, I hope Disney reconsiders this.

Also, since you are an insider at Sea World too -- I just have to tell you that I was shocked to read that Sea World cleaned house over there. I skipped Sea World this year, so I think it is a good thing. It is devastating, with the boom in tourism that Sea World is losing money. And, they only have themselves to blame.

Sea World should not be losing money. I hope the new people are better.

Certainly.
No way they would ignore that revenue stream.
Greed can be so ugly.

She understood. She's just paid to say otherwise....
ermrm8.jpg

Please leave @Lee alone. He is not here to play games with you. And Mr. Spirit is very sensitive about this kind of nonsense in his threads.

This discussion is for people who are serious about Disney. There are countless other threads, with people who are dying to play your boring little games with you.

And still I'm sure the dingbat will think it's a great idea.
It's not nice to call names, even in this instance, where you are clearly talking about yourself. It's a bad look for you and this forum.

Look at how @Lee conducts himself, this is what you should strive for.

Hey at least they found a way to deal with capacity......I think the backlash from this would be unprecedented.
It would never work.

Just dont know what to think about this anymore. Disney created this mess. First they made a visit to WDW "all-inclusive", they invented the DDP, My Magic Way ticket system, even the transportation system. All to be all-inclusive to attract the budget minded guest.The once in a lifetime visitor. Now IF this was to come to fruition it changes the basic fundamental way the average person visits. You are standing there with little Johnny and little Susie and they are fresh out of FP,s and they want to do RNR roller coaster or a M&G with their favorite ice princess. Well mommy and daddy now has to dig a little deeper and go over budget or their little snowflakes will have a major meltdown. To provide that once in a lifetime experience they go to the well and spend more then they wanted to. The parents may do it the one time but they will avoid that scenario to ever happen again. Thus not returning to the land of the upcharge. Disney now is changing their business model to attract the whales. Just a short sighted attempt to temporarily show profits as some have pointed out.
I like the all inclusiveness and the dining plan back when it included tips. I just don't like "free dining", this is what ruined everything.

I don't think inclusiveness is a problem -- it's DVC that's problematic. DVC people have committed to pay Disney top dollar for decades, whether they actually visit or not. Disney is guaranteed this money -- substantial money, whether they invests in the parks or not.

This is why Disney does not have to compete on the same platform as other amusement parks that must build new rides in order to bring in customers.

Yes, the way it was described to me was that a base ticket would give you a set number of rides on each attraction like two per day on a "C" and one per day on an "E."

To get more rides would require a higher level of ticket or an incremental purchase.
It's just so bizarre to me because there is no other theme park in the world that practices this model. Disney's E-tickets failed for a reason, it makes no sense for Disney to explore this again.

I have no clue when/if this ever rolls out.
They may well go another direction, but this is a legit option that is/has been discussed.
I totally believe you. I remember when Disney was testing FastPass only for a meet and greet. And, they received a huge backlash from that, so Disney better go in a different direction because this is a nightmare.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ugh, semantics. I thought you were above this kind of thing. As you already know, one can apply this sentiment to practically *anything* that exists past the gates -- rides, shows, parades, transportation, bathrooms -- it all falls under the same umbrella.

Next time, you can just say hi to me, it's always a pleasure to talk to you and you're so much better than this.

Ugh. Not you, too. Why are you copying off of lebeau, he can't read so I guess you feel you don't have to read either. Right? Wrong. You have to read, too.

My point is, you don't have to make a additional purchase to use fastpass like you do at every other amusement park in the world.

Thanks @Lee -- you're always a gentleman on this forum. This would be so awful, IMO. So, I hope Disney reconsiders this.

Also, since you are an insider at Sea World too -- I just have to tell you that I was shocked to read that Sea World cleaned house over there. I skipped Sea World this year, so I think it is a good thing. It is devastating, with the boom in tourism that Sea World is losing money. And, they only have themselves to blame.

Greed can be so ugly.

ermrm8.jpg

Please leave @Lee alone. He is not here to play games with you. And Mr. Spirit is very sensitive about this kind of nonsense in his threads.

This discussion is for people who are serious about Disney. There are countless other threads, with people who are dying to play your boring little games with you.

It's not nice to call names, even in this instance, where you are clearly talking about yourself. It's a bad look for you and this forum.

It would never work.

I like the all inclusiveness and the dining plan back when it included tips. I just don't like "free dining", this is what ruined everything.

I don't think inclusiveness is a problem -- it's DVC that's problematic. DVC people have committed to pay Disney top dollar for decades, whether they actually visit or not. Disney is guaranteed this money -- substantial money, whether they invests in the parks or not.

This is why Disney does not have to compete on the same platform as other amusement parks that must build new rides in order to bring in customers.

It's just so bizarre to me because there is no other theme park in the world that practices this model. Disney's E-tickets failed for a reason, it makes no sense for Disney to explore this again.

I totally believe you. I remember when Disney was testing FastPass only for a meet and greet. And, they received a huge backlash from that, so Disney better go in a different direction because this is a nightmare.
Lee is fine receiving information on who gets their pay checks from whom (same for Spirit, I assure you). I for one am just glad you were able to secure a little OT from TWDC. Then again, I suppose they could use a little social media spin with all of this recent pricing news....

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Greed can be so ugly.

ermrm8.jpg

It would never work.

Well, that was one big, Semi-passive aggressive, a$$ kissing waste of bandwidth. TWDC sure has an interesting new approach to spin media. Do they pay cash? or with cupcakes and "how to use buzz words" manuals?

skyphotographer

Well economics aren't are more of a religion than a science. Higher prices will not keep people away, it will just keep prices high and make people borrow more money to come. They are raising prices and have been doing so for a very long time like clockwork. The only problem is that the changes they made were very lackluster and the stuff that will seem to be good is almost a decade away..

Higher prices will most definitely have an effect on park attendance. If Disney started charging $1k a day, how many would go?

If they charged $10 a day how many would show up? Incremental increases obviously have less affect but they DO have an effect.

Bolna

Actually, Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen has a system like this. Similar to the old ticket book system.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The gardener's would need to tread carefully if they ever tried charging for the bathrooms; soda sales would collapse and the costs of dealing with dehydrated guests would soar. There is doubtless a spreadsheet somewhere in Disney that analyses the hit on profits to the nearest cent that will at least spare us from that change.

Not if the incremental cost is less than paying for the lawsuits as corporate america has repeatedly proved.

Recall Ford did that with the Pinto and the exploding fuel tanks it was cheaper to pay the lawsuits than redesign the tanks so they would not rupture during a rear end collision, When something like the Pinto is exposed the executives responsible really need to go to jail, The GM ignition switch is another where the executives (and CEO who is ultimately responsible) who axed the redesign of the part needs to be up on felony charges.

Siren

Lee is fine receiving information on who gets their pay checks from whom (same for Spirit, I assure you). I for one am just glad you were able to secure a little OT from TWDC. Then again, I suppose they could use a little social media spin with all of this recent pricing news....
Why would anyone want false information from you?

How can anyone here benefit from your vivid imagination and wild assumptions? And, to think that people actually believe you.

As a senior poster, I feel like you have more of an obligation to be mindful of what you say, because there are posters here who worship you (only Heaven knows why) and will blindly follow your lead -- just because they trust you. You abuse that trust when you make up stuff about me out of spite and just for revenge.

Well, that was one big, Semi-passive aggressive, a$$ kissing waste of bandwidth. TWDC sure has an interesting new approach to spin media. Do they pay cash? or with cupcakes and "how to use buzz words" manuals?
See @wm49rs ^^^I rest my case. In another thread, this guy was so kind to me, now he's cussing me out with dollar signs. I won't even address this. So disappointed. Again.

Higher prices will most definitely have an effect on park attendance. If Disney started charging $1k a day, how many would go?

If they charged $10 a day how many would show up? Incremental increases obviously have less affect but they DO have an effect.
The average Super Bowl ticket costs $2500 to $3000, reaching upwards of $4000 depending on the team! This is for one ticket and just one game. A whole family can go to Disney for that, yet guys have no problem paying this for one game.

Look at the concessions.
2wnv2j5.png

xn9lhk.jpg

2h3v4v7.jpg

Again, most guys have no problem paying these prices for their sports fix but not when it comes to a nice family vacation.

Actually, Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen has a system like this. Similar to the old ticket book system.
OMG, I just googled it. This is such a gorgeous park, I would love to visit there one day. I wonder if this system if well received.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

How can anyone here benefit from your vivid imagination and wild assumptions? And, to think that people actually believe you.

As a senior poster, I feel like you have more of an obligation to be mindful of what you say, because there are posters here who worship you (only Heaven knows why) and will blindly follow your lead -- just because they trust you. You abuse that trust when you make up stuff about me out of spite and just for revenge.

See @wm49rs ^^^I rest my case. In another thread, this guy was so kind to me, now he's cussing me out with dollar signs. I won't even address this. So disappointed. Again.

The average Super Bowl ticket costs $2500 to $3000, reaching upwards of $4000 depending on the team! This is for one ticket and just one game. A whole family can go to Disney for that, yet guys have no problem paying this for one game.

Look at the concessions.
2wnv2j5.png

xn9lhk.jpg

2h3v4v7.jpg

Again, most guys have no problem paying these prices for their sports fix but not when it comes to a nice family vacation.

OMG, I just googled it. This is such a gorgeous park, I would love to visit there one day. I wonder if this system if well received.
Another non-denial denial. How Nixonian of you. No wonder you're getting the SM overtime. But, hopefully the parks will pick up again soon, so your hours might do likewise....

bhg469

It's just simply not going to happen like that. Sure you have some people that are irreversibly priced out of a visit there, but it's not as high as you think. Attendance is going up while people's wages are staying largely the same.

International tourism is to blame four a good part. That will probably change due to the value of certain foreign currency. But then, you have credit cards. I don't think the price of a Disney vacation will ever get high enough for people to stop charging an entire vacation without the means to pay it back in a reasonable time. They're the addicts that keep going back when they shouldn't be. It's no different than a hoarder or gambler.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Look at the concessions.
2wnv2j5.png

xn9lhk.jpg

2h3v4v7.jpg

Self defense is a product of thousands of years of natural selection. The only problem here is that no one is trying to kill you. Your constant attempts of character assassination become more toxic with each post. You mask your anger and frustration by appealing to others in the forum rather than engaging those who you attempt to discredit.

Goofyernmost

Not if the incremental cost is less than paying for the lawsuits as corporate america has repeatedly proved.

Recall Ford did that with the Pinto and the exploding fuel tanks it was cheaper to pay the lawsuits than redesign the tanks so they would not rupture during a rear end collision, When something like the Pinto is exposed the executives responsible really need to go to jail, The GM ignition switch is another where the executives (and CEO who is ultimately responsible) who axed the redesign of the part needs to be up on felony charges.
I'm not arguing with you, just commenting, but, I have one of those vehicles that were recalled for that problem. Do you know what the problem was and what the fix was? I'll try and explain... the opening in the head of the key were you thread through the rest of the key ring was oblong and went the width of the key head. That was causing a lowering of the center of gravity pulling the keys downward and sometimes out. I cannot imagine anyone foreseeing that as a problem, but, apparently it was one. The fix was that they took the key itself and glued a little plastic insert into that oblong one and left it with a small hole to thread the ring through. That apparently moved the center of gravity up less then a sixteenth of an inch, adjusting it just enough to solve the problem. Those evil dorks, imagine not having that recognized as a massively glaring error that should have been seen from outer space. Imagine them not being aware that a certain number of people carry enough keys around with them to open every door in the worlds. After I saw what was involved with it, I wouldn't even call it an error, it was an unanticipated issue that I'm sure they thought was nothing more then an oddity and not likely to be any degree of problem. It had to become that before it was officially recognized as something that needed attention. Unlike the infamous Ford "exploding" Pinto which was turning people into crispy critters for a very long time.

skyphotographer

Love the example of the Super Bowl as a comparison to WDW, Even for the extremely well off sports fan a Super Bowl visit is generally a once in a lifetime event as tickets for the general public are extremely limited as the corporate sponsors have many of the tickets reserved for them. Somehow one is not like the other.

I can't afford those ticket prices therefore I don't go.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm not arguing with you, just commenting, but, I have one of those vehicles that were recalled for that problem. Do you know what the problem was and what the fix was? I'll try and explain... the opening in the head of the key were you thread through the rest of the key ring was oblong and went the width of the key head. That was causing a lowering of the center of gravity pulling the keys downward and sometimes out. I cannot imagine anyone foreseeing that as a problem, but, apparently it was one. The fix was that they took the key itself and glued a little plastic insert into that oblong one and left it with a small hole to thread the ring through. That apparently moved the center of gravity up less then a sixteenth of an inch, adjusting it just enough to solve the problem. Those evil dorks, imagine not having that recognized as a massively glaring error that should have been seen from outer space. Imagine them not being aware that a certain number of people carry enough keys around with them to open every door in the worlds. After I saw what was involved with it, I wouldn't even call it an error, it was an unanticipated issue that I'm sure they thought was nothing more then an oddity and not likely to be any degree of problem. It had to become that before it was officially recognized as something that needed attention. Unlike the infamous Ford "exploding" Pinto which was turning people into crispy critters for a very long time.

Guess you missed out on the GM engineers being told to 'keep quiet' about this design flaw and others, Or the guy who found the problem INTERNALLY having his career derailed. No GM indeed KNEW about the issue and did nothing to address it and tried to cover it up.

From Bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-blower-was-ignored-mary-barra-faces-congress

Disneyhead'71

Look at the concessions.
2wnv2j5.png

xn9lhk.jpg

2h3v4v7.jpg

I'm at a loss as to what you're even trying to say here. What's the point you are attempting to make?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom