Summer 2013 Room Discount

Jake Wilson

I

It was worth it for me.

I received an email offer 2 years ago for a $200 gift card for the basic card, then late last year I got the same offer for the premier card with 1st year free (I just cancel it within 1 year)

So I have a $200 gift card for next time which can be applied to the vacation package.

I also never carry a balance, But they give you 6 months to pay for disney vacation.

INTEREST FREE FOR 6 MONTHS????!!!!!!

Upvote 0

yoyoflamingo

Hmm, I'm going in July so I'll have to call Tuesday and see if I can get the 5% off.. since I already booked will they just give me a gift card or something to use at the parks? What time can you call Disney, starting 7 AM?

Not sure how it works if the vacation is paid off already - perhaps credit to the card?

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Well I have a Disney Visa Debit Card...we have access to the same discounts as the Disney Visa credit card without the actual credit card bennies of paying in 30 days or the $100 credit offers they do..we do get 10% off dining at certain locations in the World, 20% off merchandise are select locations in the World, a free 5x7 photo op and yes, the benefit of getting discounts a few days before the general public.

Somebody mentioned 15% not being worth it..well for a $1500 trip that is $225 off my trip - well worth it to me!

Upvote 0

Doug7856

We have a Disney Visa. We do not pay an annual fee, nor do we pay interest. I find the card to have some value. If it had a higher return it would be my exclusive card, but I have a card for most travel, gasoline and dining out that pays a higher "reward".

Upvote 0

brucie

Room discount up until Aug 14! You know what that means. Free Dining is next!! Historically it's always been the end of Aug through to at least Sep. I don't imagine this year will be any different:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I also have a Disney Visa and have never had an annual fee for having the card. As others have said the Premium card does have a fee, so perhaps that is what is being looked at. Marie

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

we booked through the disney website and the agent I talked to told me to keep an eye out for specials and that if I saw one call back and they would apply the discount to my reservations.
This is most of the way true. The discounted rates are not guaranteed to be available for every resort or every room category within a given resort. The discounts will be applied subject to availability. If your specific room or resort is not available, other options may be available, just ask what is, if that information is not given to you. Most of the time, I havent had a problem getting discounted rates for my clients, but it is always a possibility. Good luck! Marie

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Room discount up until Aug 14! You know what that means. Free Dining is next!! Historically it's always been the end of Aug through to at least Sep. I don't imagine this year will be any different:)
Yes, but historically they announce Free Dining first for August/September, and then come back and do the offer(s) for June-early August. Switching it up a little this time.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Hooray! I had already booked and just called and applied the discount. I originally paid with a Disney Visa so I was able to use that for my deposit.
And I don't have an annual fee either.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Well I have a Disney Visa Debit Card...we have access to the same discounts as the Disney Visa credit card without the actual credit card bennies of paying in 30 days or the $100 credit offers they do..we do get 10% off dining at certain locations in the World, 20% off merchandise are select locations in the World, a free 5x7 photo op and yes, the benefit of getting discounts a few days before the general public.

Somebody mentioned 15% not being worth it..well for a $1500 trip that is $225 off my trip - well worth it to me!

But I believe it's a room-only discount, so it won't apply to the whole package, just the room price. That's fine if you were planning on that time frame anyway, I just meant it wasn't enough to get me to book between those dates, as the prices are so much higher.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

But I believe it's a room-only discount, so it won't apply to the whole package, just the room price. That's fine if you were planning on that time frame anyway, I just meant it wasn't enough to get me to book between those dates, as the prices are so much higher.

Right and right! lol :) Totally understand.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom