Summer 2012 NYC cruiser roll call!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've been try to organize my thoughts...the one question I have right now as we try to figure out what to pack is, did it get cool at night?

Yeah, I would definitely pack a sweatshirt and/or light jacket. Our trip definitely saw some cool and misty nights.

joanna71985

I really hope DCL goes back to NYC in 2014! I'd love to do either the 8-night NY-Bahamas, or the 5 night to Canada cruises (coupled with visiting family back home).

marcriss

Thanks for the "temp" responses. It's been so hot here, it's hard to imagine "cool" again. :). Thanks for the tips, both kids get cold easily. I'm trying not to over think or stress too much. It's only 2 days, but I want to maximize the time that we do have. So I'm trying to be prepared for anything and everything.

marcriss

How did everyone get to the cruise? We're on Long Island. We've thought about driving ourselves and I'm getting quotes now from car services. Thanks!

If we opt for the car service, what's a realistic pickup time? The itinerary says Ashore at 8:30. Is that a hard time?

hprlms

Just got back yesterday. We had a large group and took a private bus. Parking was exensive, plus with everyone's bags I don't think each family would have been able to fit luggage and people in their cars. It was cheaper to get the bus each way than park five family cars.

As for debarkation, our group was called around 8:15. We got our bags and were cubside wating for bus by 8:50. It all depends on what group you are in. But think ship is pretty much cleared between 9:30 and 10 a.m.

artvandelay

How did everyone get to the cruise? We're on Long Island. We've thought about driving ourselves and I'm getting quotes now from car services. Thanks!

If we opt for the car service, what's a realistic pickup time? The itinerary says Ashore at 8:30. Is that a hard time?

We had a family member drop us off and pick us up. If you want to walk off the ship with your luggage, you probably can get off the boat before 8am. If you want Disney to take your luggage off the ship, you'll get your debarkation time the day before you leave the ship.

From Long Island another option is to take the LIRR and then a cab to the pier.

tiaragirl

Hey lovelies! As someone in the Maritimes (close to Halifax and Saint John respectively) I'd be happy to answer any "local" questions as they come up!

marcriss

What kinds of activities did they have onboard? Anything different from a normal sea day? What shows did they do?

We saw Disney Dreams and Villains Tonight. The Pirate Party w/ Fireworks was the first night. They had a full slate of activities that we didn't do. There was bingo, some kind of puppet ventriliquist show, all of the kids club activities...I'm not sure if anything was different. They just tried to squeeze a regular cruise into basically a day and a half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom