Summer 2012 NYC cruiser roll call!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
Hello all,

I thought it might be interesting to get an idea of just how many of us are taking advantage of the NYC cruise options next summer. With great destinations like Canada, the Bahamas, and nowhere in particular to choose from I imagine the NYC ships are going to be pretty full. I'm mostly excited because I am getting the opportunity to take my first Disney cruise without the added expense of flying to FL. So, if you are cruising next summer out of NY, let your presence be known here. I will periodically update the list. I think as time marches on it will be interesting to discuss things like excursions, restaurant reservations, and other general planning. Not to mention, for those of us going to sea later in July or August it should be interesting to hear the reviews from the early June guinea pigs. :lookaroun

2 night NYC to Nowhere in Particular:
6/15:
7/13:
8/10: marcriss

5 night NYC to Canada:

6/10:
6/17:
7/8:
7/15:
8/5: Tiggerific418, ChuckElias, Tiggerish
8/12:
9/2:
9/7:
9/12:

8 night NYC to Bahamas:

5/25: Huck
6/2:
6/22:
6/30:
7/20:
7/28: Plutofan
8/17:
8/25: Paul436

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
I can't believe that we are the only 3 people to sign up for these cruises. My sister and I are expecting half of NY and NJ to show up on these ships. :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Did y'all plan that??? C'mon....be honest.... :lol:

You should see if you can get a moderator to put a sticky on your thread so it stays at the top & visible.

I'm not cruising with y'all but wanted to come in & say do some cheering with ya! I know it's exciting!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
:ROFLOL:

I guess not many people are interested in the NYC cruises. :shrug:
I think it's a wonderful opportunity to cruise on DCL without having to fly. I really enjoyed cruising on the Wonder and I'm looking forward to cruising DCL again.

I'm surprised there aren't more people around here but then again the ships aren't departing for over a year from now. I would imagine that more people will book months from now. I also wonder about how much they are publicizing this. Other than what I've seen on the internet I haven't heard about the new ports and itineraries. A few commercials might not be a bad idea. :shrug:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can't believe that we are the only 3 people to sign up for these cruises. My sister and I are expecting half of NY and NJ to show up on these ships. :lol:

I haven't really seen it advertised locally at all! The only reason I even knew about it was I saw an little story in the business section of the newspaper (it was the picture of Mickey and Minnie that caught my eye as I was paging through :lol:)

When I jumped on these boards that day, I was surprised not to see it in News, had to venture in here to the Cruise forum, where I'll bet that mostly frequent cruisers hang out :lookaroun

Did y'all plan that??? C'mon....be honest.... :lol:

You should see if you can get a moderator to put a sticky on your thread so it stays at the top & visible.

I'm not cruising with y'all but wanted to come in & say do some cheering with ya! I know it's exciting!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Isn't it cool? Hopefully some more WDWMagicers will join in! Love that we don't have to fly to FL to get on the ship...DCL is coming your way, too, right? It seems like such a long time away.

Good idea about the sticky...that might actually clue more people in to the fact that the NY cruises are available! Maybe we should put a thread out there in the general Trip Planning forum?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
I haven't really seen it advertised locally at all! The only reason I even knew about it was I saw an little story in the business section of the newspaper (it was the picture of Mickey and Minnie that caught my eye as I was paging through :lol:)

When I jumped on these boards that day, I was surprised not to see it in News, had to venture in here to the Cruise forum, where I'll bet that mostly frequent cruisers hang out :lookaroun

Isn't it cool? Hopefully some more WDWMagicers will join in! Love that we don't have to fly to FL to get on the ship...DCL is coming your way, too, right? It seems like such a long time away.

Good idea about the sticky...that might actually clue more people in to the fact that the NY cruises are available! Maybe we should put a thread out there in the general Trip Planning forum?

I shall see about getting the thread stickied to the top. I haven't seen any local advertisement either. Wonder why they are keeping it such a secret. :shrug:

Bri1121

If I wasn't subscribed to so many Disney things I probably wouldn't have heard about the new ports. But I am so excited! We love leaving from NYC! We will definitely be taking advantage!

Todd L

Does anybody know the points for each of the available cruises? 2 night, 5 night and 8 night?? I live in N.y. and would like to try out a cruise!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Todd, if you log on to www.dvcmember.com, and go to Vacation Planning Tools, then View Vacation Points Charts, scroll down the page til you see 2012 Vacation Points Charts, and the cruises are listed first under The Disney Collection.

Here's a link, but you will need to be logged in to dvcmember.com before it will work:

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/memberLanding?id=ViewPointsChartsLandingPage

For example, I am booked into an Ocean View Stateroom with Verandah, Category 5C, on the August 5 cruise, which would be 235 points per person.

Yogi3323

Would love to try out DCCL but the prices are nuts. My wife and I have 8 plus cruises on Rccl (before kids) and one on carnival and one princess. I checked on an 8 day for a family balcony was almost 8k. That's like 125 points on the resale market ...

Does anyone know if you can use points for the guest and cash for the others?

marcriss

We're doing the August cruise to nowhere!

We honeymooned on, I think, the Wonder in 1998. This will be like a test run for the kids (they'll be 10 & 6 then). If all goes well we'll do one that goes to Castaway Cay with them. This is a much cheaper way to see if they like cruising. I love that we don't have to fly to get there.

When I booked mine months ago the travel agent said that they were filling up.

I'm super excited! even if we're going nowehere:ROFLOL:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
*bumpity bumpity bump*

:lookaroun

It has been a while since we have had any life in this thread so I was just curious if some more people had booked. :shrug:

Also, I just got back from 5 nights to Bermuda from NJ on Royal Caribbean and I think DCL should pay me commission now. I talked about the upcoming NYC Disney cruises to so many people that I'm sure at least a few of them will book now. :lol: (If you were on the Explorer of the Seas and two Disney crazed sisters tried to sell you on a DCL cruise, hi! :wave::lookaroun)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom