Suggestions for Disney World's next park?

WDWFREAK53

rcapolete said:
really not repeat guest, been to Six flags in jersey about 40 time, rode the same rides everytime and still go back becuase that is the nature of a thrill rode, to get a thrill. Doesn;t need to be new or the biggest, tallest, ect. as long as it is a thrill, the same with BTM or SM or any of the other thrill ride now in WDW. I would have to respectally disagree with you opinion.

Actually, Six Flags recently admitted the fact that big thrills do not bring back repeat customers...and are now trying to go for a more "family-friendly" crowd.

Enderikari

kcnole said:
We already have 4 parks, 2 water parks, and the whole downtown disney area. Why would we need another park, especially with two Universal parks and Sea World in the area as well. Disney can't even keep the 4 parks they have up to standards right now, there's no way they can add a 5th gate and even keep the sub quality standards they have now.

Oh Noes! Another transplant from the "Doom-is-upon-us" Mice Chat Boards... Go back with your Doomsayer friends, the ones who hate Disney, but can't bring themselves to stop going... Take a few years off of the mouse if you hate it that much... Its not the parks that have changed, its you... The ones who have become so familiar, its no longer magical. The ones who didn't notice the chipped paint 20 years ago, so it must have not been there (it was, but they didn't have internet fools on "Quality-Assurance" visits to post their hatred for the whole world to see, and the soft-minded to believe). The ones who no longer believe in the magic, but NEED to have Disney because it somehow redeems their lives...
Yeah, go back to Mice Chat, statements like yours tend to go over better there.

MKCP 1985

Enderikari said:
Oh Noes! Another transplant from the "Doom-is-upon-us" Mice Chat Boards... Go back with your Doomsayer friends, the ones who hate Disney, but can't bring themselves to stop going... Take a few years off of the mouse if you hate it that much... Its not the parks that have changed, its you... The ones who have become so familiar, its no longer magical. The ones who didn't notice the chipped paint 20 years ago, so it must have not been there (it was, but they didn't have internet fools on "Quality-Assurance" visits to post their hatred for the whole world to see, and the soft-minded to believe). The ones who no longer believe in the magic, but NEED to have Disney because it somehow redeems their lives...
Yeah, go back to Mice Chat, statements like yours tend to go over better there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mmartelli

jozzmenia I [B said:
LOVED[/B] MGM studios, especially TOT (although i did think they were stealing the idea from universal...:zipit: ) and I think Animal Kingdom was a FANTASTIC idea (were they copying bush gardens? :D J/K) So it has me thinking, what's next? :D

How did Disney Steal TOT idea from Universal? They have crappy rides with very poor or no story lines whatsoever. Ok, so drop rides have been done before...none ever taking place in an Elavator. The story line that TOT has is what makes it unique....and way more scary. I have ridden drop rides before, sure they are scary, but they don't immerse you in the story like TOT does. Its the detail that puts you into a state of fear. Ive riden TOT atleast 20 times in my life and every time it freaks me out. (By the way I just did it 4 times last week and every ride was a different experience due to the computer randomization.) As far as theme parks are concerned Walt Disney created the idea of theming a parrk....the rest just coppied.

MissK

Well drop me in the camp of Disney should work on currrent parks before they build new ones folks BUT if lets say everything was pretty much up to snuff and Disney came to me and said "Karyn GIVE US YOUR IDEAS. We shall build whatever you desire" I would say this...and ya'll will probably hate me but *shrug*

Not necessairly a new park but I really want to see BeastlyKingdom cause I think Mythology is amazing (actually considering majoring in it once) and the idea SEEMED cool and I want an excuse to wear dragon stuff thats not figment.

:)

mmartelli

DisneyDancer312 said:
when you define "thrill ride" it doesnt mean rollercoaster.disney brings a different kind of thrill. i think disney is doing fine. although i do love rollercoasters, im content with the thrill level at wdw. it still keeps me comming back. ;)

The ride doesnt have to move to make it a "thrill ride" I consider Alien Encounter to have been a "thrill" ride. Anything that gives us a hightened sense of danger/thrill/ adrenaline rush. I have said this before but I think the Imagineers are the greatest theme park designers, so can you imagine what they could come up with if they didnt have to worry about scaring children? Who knows if it would be feasable to have more thrill rides at WDW, but it would sure be swell.

mmartelli

kcnole said:
We already have 4 parks, 2 water parks, and the whole downtown disney area. Why would we need another park, especially with two Universal parks and Sea World in the area as well. Disney can't even keep the 4 parks they have up to standards right now, there's no way they can add a 5th gate and even keep the sub quality standards they have now.

I wouldnt call WDW "Sub Standard" however I agree that there needs to be more plusing and mainanence. Have you ever been to Universal? I think the Universal parks are in worse condition and really outdated. Very poor planning there, you cant even find the place off of the highway...took me 30 min to find Emeril's restaurant in Universal once I got off the highway.

I noticed a few things that could use touch ups...splash mountain could use a few paint touch ups and perhaps a revamping of the outdoor animatronics. Brare Rabit's house looked a bit shabby.

I noticed a few rust spots on the TTA...they could switch animitaronics to the newer quieter systems like on HM where you can here the hiss of the animatronics. Overall the service and cleanliness of the parks is still near perfection. Disney's competitors cant come close...I know Ive been to Universal, Bush Gardens, Six Flags NJ and New England...and yuck is all I have to say about them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mmartelli said:
How did Disney Steal TOT idea from Universal?
I think the OP was referring to the idea Universal Studios theme park being thieved and made into Disney MGM Studios. More than likely neither Disney or Universal were the first to think of a movie studio theme park but it is my understanding that MGM was built as a response to Universal Studios construction. If I was correct in my assumption that the OP was talking about the theme park itself he is correct, from a certain point of view.

mmartelli

I bought a book in 1998 about Walt Disney Imagineering in which they discussed a theme park based on America...sorta like an overgrown American Adventure. This was an official Imagineering book, so it was completely beleiveable that they are serious about this theme park...there's concept artwork in the book. They might be alittle more hesitant about new parks in this post 9-11 world with the government scaring people and all. Correct me if I am wrong, but did they not have a bit of attendance trouble when AK oppened up in 98?

Even tho I loved my time there last week I only enjoyed 4 attractions Kilamanjaro, EE, The raft ride, and Dinosaur. I think they need to really work on making AK a solid park before they should consider a new one. They just need more atractions that set AK appart from your average zoo (who remembers the lame NOTAZOO campaign?). AK is very impressive, but I saw little reason to go there before EE opened up.

mmartelli

Master Yoda said:
I think the OP was referring to the idea Universal Studios theme park being thieved and made into Disney MGM Studios. More than likely neither Disney or Universal were the first to think of a movie studio theme park but it is my understanding that MGM was built as a response to Universal Studios construction. If I was correct in my assumption that the OP was talking about the theme park itself he is correct, from a certain point of view.

Oh, I see. Yeah no question MGM was a response...but I think I would rather go to MGM than go to Universal. Univeral lacks the story lines that MGM has. However, I like Hollywood Boulevard best because it has a theme...the other half of MGM reminds me of a movie studio (DUH!!!, but that doesnt make it fun...its quite boring) Perhapse Disney needs to use it more as a working studio...duh!!! they say it is but then they rattle off all the lamo movies that were shot there like 10 years ago.

No reason it cant be used for live TV, RADIO, Movies ETC....WE need to see more real movie/tv sets (bring back the golden girls house) Let us walk thru the sets of our favorite tv shows...how about a replica of the Hatch from LOST. They need to refine the other half of the park. It is quite clear where TOT fits into the hollywood blv theme, but Rockn' rollercoaster should be in an area themed for radio/recording.

William Marsden

The next park I want to see open no one has said. Its a 3rd water park thats themed around Atlantis or something like that. The theming that could be done with this could be AMAZING! My head is so full of killer ideas for a park like this.

If Disney based a theme park or even an attraction around an underwater theme, I too think it would be great. However, if they try to do something with "Atlantis" the Disney companies 40th animated classic, I'd have to spend the next few months in my bathroom throwing up!! Sorry, I haven't thought much about that stupid movie for the past 5 years but I HATED THAT RIDICULOUS, NEW AGE PIECE OF CRAP!!! I think "Atlantis" makes "Saludos Amigos" or the "Three Caballeros" look like "Citizen Cane".

It's not the animation that bothered me or the voices or the lack of music, but who the hell came up with that stupid story? Not Jules Verne. If I went into a theme park or attraction and heard one word about an "energy source that thrives on the collective emotions of a civilazation...", I'd be banging on the admission gate for a refund!! I haven't ever met a fan of that movie. I apologize in advance to anyone who may have liked it. Some people may also like Roseanne Barres singing voice. Go Figure.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
mmartelli said:
How did Disney Steal TOT idea from Universal? They have crappy rides with very poor or no story lines whatsoever. Ok, so drop rides have been done before...none ever taking place in an Elavator. The story line that TOT has is what makes it unique....and way more scary. I have ridden drop rides before, sure they are scary, but they don't immerse you in the story like TOT does. Its the detail that puts you into a state of fear. Ive riden TOT atleast 20 times in my life and every time it freaks me out. (By the way I just did it 4 times last week and every ride was a different experience due to the computer randomization.) As far as theme parks are concerned Walt Disney created the idea of theming a parrk....the rest just coppied.

hey, no need to jump down my throat. I LOVE Disney and all of their parks that I've been to! :)

I was talking about MGM studios in my quote though, not TOT. :animwink:

jozzmenia

Original Poster
mmartelli said:

no need to bash universal in order to praise disney though (yes universal does it but i thought disney lovers took the high road). i mean, i don't think universal has crappy rides, i think they have great rides. i loved the permanent smile fixed on my boyfriend's face this weekend when we rode Spiderman 4 times, mummy 2 times, hulk 2 times, jurassic park 2 times, dueling dragons 2 times (thank u express pass) and most of the other ones once. having never been to orlando he was in absolute awe and had a fantastic time at universal (at 28 years old). now he wants to move there. it was really cute. but even though i think disney is on a whole other level, i still think that universal has some fantastic rides with great technology that i really enjoy. i find that it IS possible to be a fan of BOTH disney AND universal.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
mmartelli said:
The ride doesnt have to move to make it a "thrill ride" I consider Alien Encounter to have been a "thrill" ride. Anything that gives us a hightened sense of danger/thrill/ adrenaline rush. I have said this before but I think the Imagineers are the greatest theme park designers, so can you imagine what they could come up with if they didnt have to worry about scaring children? Who knows if it would be feasable to have more thrill rides at WDW, but it would sure be swell.

i TOTALLY agree! :sohappy:
oh why did u have to remind me that they closed a ride which I LOVED so much....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mmartelli

jozzmenia said:
no need to bash universal in order to praise disney though (yes universal does it but i thought disney lovers took the high road). i mean, i don't think universal has crappy rides, i think they have great rides. i loved the permanent smile fixed on my boyfriend's face this weekend when we rode Spiderman 4 times, mummy 2 times, hulk 2 times, jurassic park 2 times, dueling dragons 2 times (thank u express pass) and most of the other ones once. having never been to orlando he was in absolute awe and had a fantastic time at universal (at 28 years old). now he wants to move there. it was really cute. but even though i think disney is on a whole other level, i still think that universal has some fantastic rides with great technology that i really enjoy. i find that it IS possible to be a fan of BOTH disney AND universal.

Univeral has unhelpful employees, dirty facilities, rides that have gratuitous fire, rides are way too short...the overall quality was bad too (I saw lots of scratches on the projections for back to thr future. I was impressed with the Atlantis atraction as well as Twister and Earthquake. However I am critiquing the park in comparason with Disney. I equate the parks with art...its like being a fan of the Rennasance masters (disney) and Duchamp (Univeral). They are differnt levels, but by no means am I "Bashing" Univeral....I am critiquing it. Nothing but My honesty sir...If I disslike it I will say it.

And as for taking the "Low ride" how about Universal's new tv commericals..."If I have to hug another princess on my vacation...." They are the ones hurling insults.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:

I'm a SHE! :D (no harm done :))

But you're right, that's what I meant. I wasn't bashing Disney or anything. Just simply stating that it was my thought at the time MGM was opened.

Enderikari

William Marsden said:
I haven't ever met a fan of that movie. I apologize in advance to anyone who may have liked it. Some people may also like Roseanne Barres singing voice. Go Figure.

Hi There:wave: .. I love Atlantis... Think its a great movie, with spectacular animation of Mike Mignola's original authorship.. I am very sorry you are a argumentative, pack-following trouble starter who chooses to insult people who they haven't ever met.

And before you say anything else, let me apologize in advance as well, I like Treasure Planet as well, but then again, I don't read critics reviews and choose to make up my own mind about movies.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
mmartelli said:
Univeral has unhelpful employees, dirty facilities, rides that have gratuitous fire, rides are way too short...the overall quality was bad too (I saw lots of scratches on the projections for back to thr future. I was impressed with the Atlantis atraction as well as Twister and Earthquake. However I am critiquing the park in comparason with Disney. I equate the parks with art...its like being a fan of the Rennasance masters (disney) and Duchamp (Univeral). They are differnt levels, but by no means am I "Bashing" Univeral....I am critiquing it. Nothing but My honesty sir...If I disslike it I will say it.

And as for taking the "Low ride" how about Universal's new tv commericals..."If I have to hug another princess on my vacation...." They are the ones hurling insults.

yes. i said that in my post. universal DOES bash disney, i was just saying that i thought disney fans were above stooping to that level.

i thought mummy was too short, but i dont see how anyone can say anything else bad about it. also, i can't think of ANYHTING bad to say about spiderman, and not really anything bad about hulk, men in black, ET, dr dooms fearfall or duelling dragons either. and popeye's water ride and the ripsaw falls are also great rides that i can think of nothing bad about. also, i would say that 99% of the employees were super nice and helpful when we were there. the only employee that made me mad was the one who made me stop to finish my margaritaville margarita :slurp: before leaving. i had like 75% left and tried to leave since i had been walking around city walk with it i thought i could take it to the parking lot :brick: so i had to scarf it down and still missed the hotel shuttle thanks to that. :hammer: anyway, back to topic, everyone was nice and helpful while we were there. it was funny actually because my boyfriend said "i don't see how disney could possibly top this. :lol:" i think the only complaints could be that some rides are outdated a bit, like Jaws and earthquake, back to the future, etc. but those are classics to me. i think the same could be said of like pirates of the caribbean, small world, etc. - they're not super-modernized thrill rides, but classics. and the park was clean, surprisingly even the restrooms.

i just think that both Disney and Universal have created FANTASTIC parks, BOTH worthy of praise.

mmartelli said:
I bought a book in 1998 about Walt Disney Imagineering in which they discussed a theme park based on America...sorta like an overgrown American Adventure. This was an official Imagineering book, so it was completely beleiveable that they are serious about this theme park...there's concept artwork in the book. They might be alittle more hesitant about new parks in this post 9-11 world with the government scaring people and all. Correct me if I am wrong, but did they not have a bit of attendance trouble when AK oppened up in 98?

Even tho I loved my time there last week I only enjoyed 4 attractions Kilamanjaro, EE, The raft ride, and Dinosaur. I think they need to really work on making AK a solid park before they should consider a new one. They just need more atractions that set AK appart from your average zoo (who remembers the lame NOTAZOO campaign?). AK is very impressive, but I saw little reason to go there before EE opened up.

Colonial Disney wasnt it? i remember that. from what i remember, which may be completely wrong, so feel free to correct me, they were considering building a colonial themed park i think in virginia, and i thinkthat because i remember my dad driving and pointing out an area saying thats where they wanted to build it. i think i even remember seeing a sign with mickey on it dressed all colonial like. from waht i understand it feel through becuase the people who lived in the area didnt want to deal with the traffic nor have the land developed. does anyone else know anything about this? im glad they didnt build it... it sounded boring, haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom