Suggestions for Disney World's next park?

DisneyDancer312

when you define "thrill ride" it doesnt mean rollercoaster.disney brings a different kind of thrill. i think disney is doing fine. although i do love rollercoasters, im content with the thrill level at wdw. it still keeps me comming back. ;)

Darwin

I'm enjoy thrill rides myself like rollercoasters but I think Walt's idea of thrill rides were something you could do in your imagination. I doubt they'll build anything soon, but it's fun to talk about it. I think it would be fun if they updated their Tomorrowland. I guess it's hard to get too futuristic when the technology hasn't evolved but hey, let's imagine. Maybe they could do a land that was all holographic. Maybe the world's largest playground for kids and adults. Maybe a room built like an MC Esher drawing that's all twisted around. Maybe Velcroland.:lol: LOL what a hoot that would be. You put on velcro suits and stick to all sorts of things. Maybe I should write to some imagineers:)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Darwin said:
I'm enjoy thrill rides myself like rollercoasters but I think Walt's idea of thrill rides were something you could do in your imagination. I doubt they'll build anything soon, but it's fun to talk about it. I think it would be fun if they updated their Tomorrowland. I guess it's hard to get too futuristic when the technology hasn't evolved but hey, let's imagine. Maybe they could do a land that was all holographic. Maybe the world's largest playground for kids and adults. Maybe a room built like an MC Esher drawing that's all twisted around. Maybe Velcroland.:lol: LOL what a hoot that would be. You put on velcro suits and stick to all sorts of things. Maybe I should write to some imagineers:)
Good grief. Three major attractions and two out of three are what I consider thrill rides. Expedition Everest, Mission:Space and Soarin. Soarin the tamest of all three (except I have heard of people being sick from Soarin that were not on M:S).

Darwin

Oh, by all means, those are definitely thrill rides. Except I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet. I was working for Disney in 2003 and left just before they opened Mission Space (which is a pity because I love space stuff and astronomy.) They were also building Expedition Everest while I was there. If you had become an imagineer, what are some ideas you would do for a new ride or park?

BTW, I'm totally with you on the spelling. It's not my forte.

dbogue

rcapolete said:
how about a park based on more thrilling rides for adults. I understand that Disney is a family destination but there are alot of twenty and thirt somethings that would definetly love to be able to go to a thrill park for a day while inside disney. Have a couple of big rolercoaster, wooden rollercoaster and the likes, maybe throw in a midway like down at the Jersey show or have a boardwalk park feel to it.

HECK NO HECK NO. look wat happened with DCA. yeah, no more cheap state fair type rides, we have the state fair and midways to go to for that. i want disney imagineering and theming thank you very much.

autumndawn1006

world and country themes

So much could still be developed using the continent themes at AK and the country themes at Epcot. Australia, and South and Central America would be some great themes to start with. There would still be theming, but it limits the imagineers less. I had thought before a runaway bus ride through the Andes would be neat, but that is now so close to Expedition Everest.

Chape19714

Fun to think of but...Iger has made it very clear at the Stockholder's meeting that WDW is focusing on the existing parks and it will be many years before/if a new park is announced.

As far as the thrill rides go...Disney is famous for STORY!!! Without a STORY you can't call it a Disney Ride. Anyone can build a huge coaster, but nobody else can come close to the attention to detail and storyline of a Disney Ride. Story is why people go to Disney time and time agian.

And as for Disney Stealing IOA customers, with the exception of locals, most (if not all) people coming to Universal also visit Disney, however many people visiting Disney do NOT visit Universal. Disney holds the higher ground, so there is no reason to further deplete Universal's business, because the same people will still come to a Disney park.

boudica

I think a villians park would be cool. All the rides and theming would be about the villians. They could have an octopus type ride, but it would be Ursula. This would be a cool place for some thrill rides, and could pull of the theming.

Angela

25 Days!!!

bassman

i would love to see beastly kingdom as a totally separate park.
i think that a park themed around myths and legends would be cool.
there is lot of different stories and stuff that can be used,greek myths,dinosours,dragons, lost achient civilisations like atlantis or whatever.
they could even possibly work JTTCOTE into it and they could maybe (pray)they could remake 20k leagues under the sea again :D(now that would be cool,i never got to ride 20k and i would love to)
sure disney already has things like this,EE for one,and sure universal has the dragons theme and atlantis,as does sea world.but who says that more than 1 company cant use a theme.
this is just my opinion feel free to say what you feel.

Ringo8n24

pinjim said:
Howabout simply updating the current parks so we don't have to walk 12 miles a day from bus stop to entrance to rides.
Develop a inter-park people mover system that would be an attraction within its self.

I agree. I do not see a need for another park. Update or add rides with the money and keep the current parks maintained. I think that what is offered is perfect with the number of parks as is. Transportation is definitely something that could be fine tuned, so I would say there are already opportunities out there to spend money on without doing another park. It seems the average individual only gets a week's vacation which is so hard to do everything at WDW on that time. If you add another, you cheat at least one other WDW park because there is not enough time.

Beuford

Ringo8n24 said:
I agree. I do not see a need for another park. Update or add rides with the money and keep the current parks maintained. I think that what is offered is perfect with the number of parks as is. Transportation is definitely something that could be fine tuned, so I would say there are already opportunities out there to spend money on without doing another park. It seems the average individual only gets a week's vacation which is so hard to do everything at WDW on that time. If you add another, you cheat at least one other WDW park because there is not enough time.

I agree, Disney doesnt need another park they need to take care and explore what they already have. Think of the places in the current parks that are not used or closed. Think of buildings with face lifts and different flowers and trees. Think of expanding the monorail or cutting bigger canals for boats. Maybe a new grand resort themed as well as the polynesian. Yes it would be nice to have another park to perhaps controll the crowds, but make the parks better, equally, and spred that crowd out making them all wonderful. Personally I would love to see something new at MK or a new country at Epcot or a new ride in a country. Well thats just me.:wave:

Ringo8n24

Beuford said:
Personally I would love to see something new at MK or a new country at Epcot or a new ride in a country. Well thats just me.:wave:

On that note, I want United Kingdom especially and others expanded. Some of them are just too small to represent the true feel of the country.

kcnole

We already have 4 parks, 2 water parks, and the whole downtown disney area. Why would we need another park, especially with two Universal parks and Sea World in the area as well. Disney can't even keep the 4 parks they have up to standards right now, there's no way they can add a 5th gate and even keep the sub quality standards they have now.

The next park will revolve arround music through time.Its been talked about,no greenlight.Ampatheaters,concert halls,music labels,soundtracks,ECT.

Darwin

boudica said:
I think a villians park would be cool. All the rides and theming would be about the villians. They could have an octopus type ride, but it would be Ursula. This would be a cool place for some thrill rides, and could pull of the theming.

Angela

25 Days!!!
I liked the idea of a villians park. That would be cool. I wonder if Disney would every upgrade the Haunted Mansion to something more scary. I know it's a classic and I wouldn't want them to change it, but they could make a new one. Maybe it would be too scary for the children. I guess the Dinosaur ride at the Animal Kingdom scares some of them. Over all I think Disney does a good job creating a new ride every now and then to excite the guests.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
ok, when i initially started this thread it was just in fun, not thinking anything of it or not thinking disney was actually going to build another park. i just thought it would make for fun discussion.

HOWEVER, when we were there this weekend, we rented a towncar to and from the airport, and one of our drivers, who lives in orlando, told us that disney was building a new park and it was slated to open in 2009 (or he may have said 2008). he said it like it was fact. anyone heard anything like that??? :confused:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The rumor of a 5th gate has been floating around pretty much since AK opened in 1998. While the possibility of a 5th gate will always exist and I am pretty confident that some very preliminary work has been done I wouldn't expect it any time soon. The 2008, 2009 dates come from WDW track record of building a new park about every 10 years.

There is no need for a 5th gate at this time, there simply isn't the attendance to support it.

bigang

kcnole said:
We already have 4 parks, 2 water parks, and the whole downtown disney area. Why would we need another park, especially with two Universal parks and Sea World in the area as well. Disney can't even keep the 4 parks they have up to standards right now, there's no way they can add a 5th gate and even keep the sub quality standards they have now.

sub quality standards? you need to vist your local six flags for a reality check

erasure fan1

The next park I want to see open no one has said. Its a 3rd water park thats themed around Atlantis or something like that. The theming that could be done with this could be AMAZING! My head is so full of killer ideas for a park like this.

I think Disney has a lot of years left adding on to the parks they have. I would like to see the villian park idea be a new land at MK. And new showcase at Epcot, and the beastly kingdome idea for AK is great. But for now the only new park I would like to see is a new water park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom