Stunt Show Spectacular Officially Announced

all41

My kids love the stunt shows and I'm sure they'll love this one.
Agree that it would be nice to see an Indy update.
Fantasmic holds 10,000 and "Stunt" will hold 5,000. How many does Indy hold?
MGM needs a good new show plus another E ride. The only problem is that this means you won't see a new E ride for Studios until 2008 , at the earliest.

Tower/of/Terror

Account Suspended
Awesome!!

I don't know how good this show is in DLP, but from the pictures, it looks mindblowing!! I can't wait for a stunt show like this, and it will be sooo much better than that STUPID hunchback show. Heh, sooo glad the got rid of that one.. but anyway.

I also like the idea of the new cities in Residential Street, all the better.

Hmm, about FFF, do you think they could put a Bug's Life themed attraction in place of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area?? Keep all the tall grass and add some stuff, a kiddie ride or two, all the movie's bugs, and ta-da! You've got a FFF.. just my imagination, but I think it would be a great idea.

Anywho, Yay Motor Stunt Show!! (BTW, is that what it will be called officially?)

CTXRover

So, does anyone know how big this stadium actually will be? I know it holds 5,000, but what can I compare that to for size comparison? Will they hide the arena through themeing so it fits at the end of NYS? I saw a pic on here of a large wall that was erected closest to the current construction wall at the end of NYS. The caption said it was for the restrooms for the arena. Will the back of that building have facades to make it look like the street continues past the arch currently at the end of NYS and then when you go behind it, BOOM, there's the arena or will the arena sit out like a sore thumb at the end of the street?

Anyway, I'm very excited about this new stunt show. Its sounds great: Jet Skis, cars, motorcycles= awesome! I've heard great things about the Paris version and I'm thrilled we are getting it here :sohappy: :D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Ummm... I hope they wont be using Geo, er... Chevy Metros for the stunt show :lol:

stuntcar.jpg

ImagineerFan04

I can't wait.This new stunt show is going to be awsome and really help the studios. One more e ticket and i think it will be set until they finally expand the studios.

BTW was this the last day for the press conference and is any other things going to be annoced besides the stuff we know?And when is disneyland's big press event and The international parks?

DMC-12

Originally posted by adr315
NO GEOS!!!! LOL.... GM should have an Escalade and H2 chase, haha

COOL! That would work... or a CTS ... Oooo and blow up some Cavilers... & Metros... just for fun.. :lol: :p

Disneynutcase

I too question why it's going to take almost 2 years to install this show. I know it's an elaborate show, full of effects, but 2 years? They broke ground back in June, didn't they?

Or is the plan perhaps a January '05 opening, meaning for "official opening...meaning soft opening for Holiday season '04...?

...he asks because his family will be going to WDW next for New Years '05.

In other words, when in '05 is it scheduled to open? Anyone know?

ogryn

The Stunt Show at DLP is fantastic. Second best thing in the park (after R'n'RC... although that isn't saying much about the rest of the park ;) ) Even if you don't really like standard stunt shows you can't fail to be impressed by the driving skills. The only bad point was the show is quite long and the seats were dire (too hard, no backs, not enough shade from the 40oC heat)

The majority of the cars in Paris are Vauxhall Corsas (don't know the Opel equivelent name): http://vauxhall.co.uk/specs/standardFeatures.jhtml?brand=Corsa&displayBrand=Corsa

But they had a few 4x4's and a Sporty car which the good guy drives.

Anyway, whatever you think, it will be a great addition to the Studios at Florida (and a great crowd swallower). Enjoy

DMC-12

Originally posted by ogryn
Anyway, whatever you think, it will be a great addition to the Studios at Florida (and a great crowd swallower). Enjoy

Yeah... I am by no means complaining.. I am very excited about this new show.... Studios is just screaming for a new and exciting stunt show!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

(say what you will about Indy, still, it got old a LONG time ago... and is way overdo for some new stunts/script/etc) :) :wave:

JLW11Hi

Anyone else feel that this will take over for Indy, which may be made into an entirely new attraction in the future sometime?

I think the stunt show sounds great, because it looks like a good show and it is finnaly adding something to MGM and the overlooked New York Street area.

One problem though.....MGM has way too many "show" attractions. I dont know why they wouldn't add a ride stype attraction instead of another show!

Maybe its to make up for Hunchback leaving....?

SirNim

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
Anyone else feel that this will take over for Indy, which may be made into an entirely new attraction in the future sometime?
I think the stunt show sounds great, because it looks like a good show and it is finnaly adding something to MGM and the overlooked New York Street area.
One problem though.....MGM has way too many "show" attractions. I dont know why they wouldn't add a ride stype attraction instead of another show!
Maybe its to make up for Hunchback leaving....?
My sentiments exactly. :D :lol:

Disneynutcase

I second that sentiment.

MGM might end up done in by USF when the Mummy attraction opens next year. USF has about 3 times the amount of ride-type attractions than MGM. And if Mummy ends up being as good as the hype its getting, when it comes to the vacation buck and a tourist wants a movie studio themepark...

A new show added to MGM--particularly this one--is cool, but MGM has always been way behind on rides. What they have are great, but really are only four (okay...five if you count the Backlot Tram tour) rides total.

They don't just need a copy of the Indiana Jones Adventure, they need to start installing innovative and well thought out rides in general and keeping it to only 4-5 shows tops, with Fantasmic and a few walk-thru exhibits like Animation Studios and Walt Disney: One Man's Dream.

It's not that the stuff at MGM is bad in any way. Lots of fun to be had. But how many times can you sit through the same 12 year old show? To me, it's starting to nudge towards being a half day park.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm thinking new generation Pontiac GTO's, Escalades.. but Saturns for the beaters.. lol

SNS

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
But how many times can you sit through the same 12 year old show?

About as many times as the movies they are based on. I do agree that there should be more rides though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Disneynutcase
I second that sentiment.

MGM might end up done in by USF when the Mummy attraction opens next year. USF has about 3 times the amount of ride-type attractions than MGM.

I wouldnt say that USF has 3 times the number of "ride" attractions than MGM. I might have missed a few, but rough here is my list..

USF:
ET
Back to the Future
Jaws
Men In Black
Earthquake

MGM:
Rock n RollerCoaster
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
The Great Movie Ride
Catastrophe Canyon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom