Stunt Show Spectacular Officially Announced

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by tenchu
You don't have any information on the vehicles that will be used yet do you?

GM. Concept art shows the same as in use at Paris.

orlpassholder

This is gonna be a huge attarction for MGM. MGM has ToT and RnR but beyond that what else is there???? especially in the backlot area.

This will be interesting to see I just wonder how the repeat visit factor will be. I hope they make it able to be "upgraded" with new vehicles etc

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by wdwmagic
GM. Concept art shows the same as in use at Paris.

Yikes... so they are going to use the same type of Opel's from DLP, in a US show? :confused: :hurl:

I would think they can do better than that... as far as using better cars in the show, and I hope they do.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by orlpassholder
This is gonna be a huge attarction for MGM. MGM has ToT and RnR but beyond that what else is there???? especially in the backlot area.

This will be interesting to see I just wonder how the repeat visit factor will be. I hope they make it able to be "upgraded" with new vehicles etc

Agreed, it will be massive. It isnt just the stunt show either, that whole redevelopment of that area, will definately bring lots of new interest to the opposite side of the park.

Upgradability factor is high. The paris show has already gone through various revisions, so I see no reason why this cannot be the same.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DMC-12
Yikes... so they are going to use the same type of Opel's from DLP, in a US show? :confused: :hurl:

I would think they can do better than that... as far as using better cars in the show, and I hope they do.

Im pretty sure they'll have US cars in there. Along with a few cars from the paris shows.

Maybe theres a glimmer of hope that they'll put a Bond scene in there....maybe take a page out of the old Bond Show they had planned before Indy came in.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Im pretty sure they'll have US cars in there. Along with a few cars from the paris shows.

I hope so... GM could convert some of there US vehicles for the show... I mean the Opel/Vauxhall cars work great in Paris... but for US purposes I would think GM would like to us a US car... for brand recognition if anything... (I dont think most folks in the states know what an Opel is...lol )

Anyway.. I am very happy.... a NEW stunt show!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Cause Indy just got old to me after seeing it once or twice & I have skipped it on my last few trips. So I am looking forward to this new show. :) :wave:

Shaman

Agreed, it will be massive. It isnt just the stunt show either, that whole redevelopment of that area, will definately bring lots of new interest to the opposite side of the park.

I wonder if it's possible that we'll see an additional attraction in the area in the near future? If not what will be included in the redevelopment?

gradability factor is high. The paris show has already gone through various revisions, so I see no reason why this cannot be the same.

Yet will repeat visit factor be high? Though I've never seen the show, I find that shows don't have the same repeat factor that rides do...then again the stunt show looks a lot different than any other show...any word on whether there will be differences between the Paris show and the wdw show?

:D

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I know what the opel is, great car IMO.

Indy has never gotten old for me, then again, if you knew one of my other backstories I have, you'd understand. Check out my site in my profile, you'll see.

Now that you mention that Indy has gotten old and how some people say it needs an update or needs to be replaced. Once the auto show is open, I give it maybe two years before it gets old and needs an update. And this is exactly what will happen, itll get old, people will begin complaining that the auto show needs an update, yadda yadda.

Indy will get an update in 05 when the next movie comes out.

Goofyfanatic

Hopefully they will not replace indy....But I agree I can see wanting to give this an update when the new movie comes out...of course I would have thought the same about Star Tours...with the new Star Wars movies.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Indy will get an update in 05 when the next movie comes out.
It will? They're doing stunts from the first movie which came out in the mid-80's. Personally, I'd like to see them recreate the leap of faith from the lion's mouth in The Last Crusade!

And my kids are pleading for Star Tours to be updated.....

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Well from what I was told by a very very trusted source, she said that once the DVD comes out (Oct 21st) they'll be plugging that a bit. When the movie comes out, she said that they'll be showing clips from the new movie to promote it.

Nothing too BIG but itll be an update either way.

ori0les

I think more might be happening with the Indy stunt show than folks let on. I took the Backstage Magic tour last week, and asked specifically about the Auto stunt show and Soarin' while backstage at Epcot. While the tour guide finally (somewhat reluctantly) confirmed both, she left it with, "just wait until you Internet people find out about Indy". I begged for more info, but she wouldn't comment further....again, she was reluctant to confirm either the new stunt show or Soarin', so this could be nothing, but.......

meeko_33785

I'm not outrageously excited about this addition, but it looks like it should be pretty good. Saw some footage of it on the Travel Channel's DLP special and it didn't look to great to me. Then again, stunt shows really arn't my thing, so to speak soit probably is very good and just isn't of much interest to me. Hey, not everything in WDW is for everyone. I am excitied to hear that they confirmed the new streetscapes of Chicago and San Francisco. I think this should add more to the backlot feel of the area, which would be very nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom