Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

photomatt

I just dropped off at DHS. The entire far, southeast section of the parking lot is completely empty. I hope they don't open it up because it creates gridlock on Buena Vista Drive and World Drive.

EmilyFrances

Seeing reports on traffic sites (waze) that the DHS lot is full and guests are being turned a rounded. Looking at the google maps traffic, it is dark red in both directions (meaning chaos). Anyone know more?
We went around 4:45 and were told the parking lot was closed and we would have to go to AK and take the bus. But when we went by, there was a completely empty lot on our left. The lot was completely closed. We asked the cast member standing there and he said he didn't know why it was closed and they might open it later. Security was really beefed up too.

mm121

Studios parking is closed again, redirect to DAK.
Does disney have any sort of guest alert system like on the MDE app to let people know this? other than just finding out once they get there or via third party sources such as this board and twitter etc.
Is there a reason they are redirecting to AK instead of Epcot?
AK closes sooner so the lot would be otherwise unused. though one would hope if they direct to ak they'd increase the buses on that route knowing there isn't anything for people to do over there.
Taxis and Uber/Lyft can still drop off and pick up.
where does uber pick up/drop off at the parks? didnt know you could use uber from the parks. back in the summer me and a friend ended up using a taxi rather than uber since we didnt want to have to go to a hotel and get picked up from there since my friend didnt think you could use uber from MKK
I just dropped off at DHS. The entire far, southeast section of the parking lot is completely empty. I hope they don't open it up because it creates gridlock on Buena Vista Drive and World Drive.
why do they leave half the lot empty? cant they just restrict non bus access to the bvd entrance

lets hope they get working on the new entrance asap now that some of the road construction crews will be getting freed up finishing over by disney springs

photomatt

To use Uber or Lyft, go to where the taxis are. Go one row past them, and then you will see signs for the guest pickup/drop off area. Once you are in that row you can make your request. Make sure you drop your pin directly over the blue dot that shows your location. Also, ignore the ETA that the app gives you. It's usually much longer than the actual ETA.

Dubman

image.png
Lots of people going in and tons of people leaving... Waiting to get boat to Epcot now. Could barely even move on the streets of America.. Worth it though for one last look at the lights

PhotoDave219

Does disney have any sort of guest alert system like on the MDE app to let people know this? other than just finding out once they get there or via third party sources such as this board and twitter etc.

No. @wdwmagic has been the best source for real-time, breaking and guest service news at the Walt Disney World resort for the past ten years. Stay tuned here and to Steve's twitter feed.

There is the @wdwtoday Twitter account which is SUPPOSED to be a Guest Relations account that is intended to communicate this sort of information to guests in a similar fashion like the @DisneylandToday Twitter feed. Instead of behaving like a problem solving feed, its just another tool from the marketing department. At best you get a canned response of "We will communicate that to the (blah blah blah) team" or "Please contact Guest Relations at City Hall".

(Corporate Lurkers, Pay attention To This) - They don't actually solve problems, instead they make guests jump through more hoops. Which creates more problems and enrages guests farther.

Dubman

All the talk of seeing empty lots. Are they perhaps keeping capacity for the evening influx?

View attachment 122787

Just a couple of people trying to get in right now haha (7:30 pm). We got here around 11. It was actually a pretty smooth day. Waits weren't too bad. Did everything but TSMM. The Star Wars stuff was pretty cool.

While waiting for the boat my son needed to use rest room.. Little did I know we had to go back through security to get to the closest bathroom!! Ugh.. All is good now though, out of the craziness at the Studios and onto the craziness at Epcot lol

ElvisMickey

I went this past Thursday night and to be completely honest, it wasn't even enjoyable...way too many people for my liking. And the way they herd everyone onto the streets now is beyond annoying...especially when someone behind you is singing along to every song for the 20 minutes it took to get there.

Dubman

I went this past Thursday night and to be completely honest, it wasn't even enjoyable...way too many people for my liking. And the way they herd everyone onto the streets now is beyond annoying...especially when someone behind you is singing along to every song for the 20 minutes it took to get there.

Definitely crazy. Just one more thing to add and don't get me wrong I love an adult beverage here and there,and we are very responsible, but they added additional bars and the lines for those were crazy too not to mention the 2 lines at the high octane bar which were 20 deep each..

mm121

are they herding people out of the lights area too?

or like queing people somewhere till a certain amount leave the area naturally

the lights wouldnt be fun if rushed, personally i dont like being a human sardine

Ive been to popular tree lightings a few times, though most times its more enjoyable to just stay home and watch them on tv

has anyone done a 2015 osborne lights video yet?

ElvisMickey

They weren't herding people out, only in. Once you make it to the Streets, you can move around as you please. If there's room to move around lol.

Rider

I was at Epcot all day today. When I arrived around 10:30am they were parking on the grass up front and just starting to fill Journey (Amaze was already full). Later in the day I thought I saw them filling the Imagine and Explore lots but when I left at close they were not running the trams out to the far lots.

So either they never filled the far lots or for some reason they did fill but were not offering parking tram service to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom