Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

roj2323

Line for DHS at Epcot now: https://twitter.com/mist3rm4tt/status/675735677007486977

IDK if DHS needs to be open till midnight every night after New Years but maybe DHS should keep Osbourne going till the 12th like the Castle Dream Lights? If that's already planned, sorry.
I don't know if that is planned but I can definitely see them pushing park hours to like midnight to spread the crowd out a bit. MK Hours might get extended as well to help draw people over there instead.

Would be fine by then

I don't think you are quite grasping just how busy DHS was last night. They are pulverizing attendance estimates. To give you an idea they were using the extended cue for Star tours at 8:30 last night (unheard of) and they were running 5 out of the 6 simulators to keep the wait time down. Streets of america was so jammed it took me almost 10 minutes to get from one end of the street to the other. Launch bay didn't have much of a line surprisingly but Sunset was so jammed I didn't even bother walking down it. From my experience working there as a custodian I'd say they were only about 3,000-5,000 people away from phased closing of the park.

PhotoDave219

I don't know if that is planned but I can definitely see them pushing park hours to like midnight.

I don't think you are quite grasping just how busy DHS was last night. They are pulverizing attendance estimates. To give you an idea they were using the extended due for Star tours at 8:30 last night and they were running 5 out of the 6 simulators to keep the wait time down. Streets of america was so jammed it took me almost 10 minutes to get from one end of the street to the other. Launch bay didn't have much of a line surprisingly but it was late and it's a morning thing from what I hear. Sunset was so jammed I didn't even bother walking down it. From my experience working there as a custodian I'd say they were only about 3,000-5,000 people away from phased closing of the park.

Youre right, i wasnt quite grasping it. DHS is blocked out Today and Tomorrow for maingates & holiday passes. (Also 17th-30th and 31st is Blocked out for Employee Self-Admit)

PhotoDave219

Blaming scheduling is not an out its a common issue. School vacations & etc ALL RELATE to what may be predicted. Let us got back to April of 2014 when the 3rd week of park hours was extended every single day at MK due to projection errors. It's not lame it's a fact. And many CM reaped the benefit of OT and DT that week was due to projections Errors. It was so bad that on one day MK was offered any available DT or OT because attendance was reported at fireworks to be over triple projection and attractions suffered throughout the day for being understaffed due to projections.

Well.... somewhere over the summer, I believe that Disney started using analytics from NextGen/MDX in its forecasting. Not the sole element but that became a component as well as historical data and everything else in forecasting as well as scheduling labor hours. They're trying to run these parks as lean as possible with labor and its resulting in the longest lines we've seen in ages across all four parks. (Thats the only explanation of the observed wait times growing as dramatically as they've only had a 4% attendance growth sayeth Iger) Basically, it doesnt take a genius to expect peak-to-phased close crowds happening every this weekend and from the 18th-End of the Lights. You'd think ops would be paying attention..... you'd think.

Basically, its sounding like the Villains Show/Limited Time Magic disaster repeating itself over and over again.... Which is nothing anyone wanted to see happen.

boufa

Myabe this is why they don't announce the closing of an attraction too early. Its really a no win for Disney, either they get bad customer relations from being over loaded... or they get bad complaints because the didn't tell people it was the last year. either way they are kinda screwed. At least this way they might get some extra $$$$ from the increased crowds.

R W B

I took a bus from AS Sports to DHS today and that was a little before noon and they were still letting cars in, it wasn't closed. They had plenty of empty rows left. I know things change but just saying what I saw. With that said we hit GMR first and we waited 15min. Next went to TSM, got tonit about 1pm, sign said 90min wait but we only waited about 50-55min which I thought was fine. Then went to RNRC, sign said 75min wait and once again it was only about 55min. Star Tours had a 45min wait but we skipped it. The park hasn't seemed super busy today. About to go to the streets and wait for them to be lit. Got a FP+ for fantasmic tonight so I'm interested to see how busy the Osbourne lights will get.

YodaMan

I also wonder if the lower gas prices are getting more people to actually drive to WDW.

I actually think this is a big part of it. The crowds themselves really aren't that horrible as some posts have shown. It's just parking that's a complete disaster. Lots more cast members and locals and families that don't think it's too hard to drive down to Disney for a weekend.

Dubman

image.jpeg
Wall to wall people..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom