Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

R W B

I was at DHS today from noon til 10:30 when Fantasmic let out and the park never really felt over crowed. I got to Streets of America about 5:25 and stayed til about 9:15 when we left for Fantasmic. I started standing right by the big green tree when they lit the lights and then just made my way all over the rest of the area. Sure it was busy but I personally was fine. If you are the type that doesn't do well in crowds then you would of hated it. I live in New Orleans and we have events with large crowds like this almost weekly so maybe I'm just use to it.

Here's some pics showing the crowds.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

rucifee

I was at DHS today from noon til 10:30 when Fantasmic let out and the park never really felt over crowed. I got to Streets of America about 5:25 and stayed til about 9:15 when we left for Fantasmic. I started standing right by the big green tree when they lit the lights and then just made my way all over the rest of the area. Sure it was busy but I personally was fine. If you are the type that doesn't do well in crowds then you would of hated it. I live in New Orleans and we have events with large crowds like this almost weekly so maybe I'm just use to it.

Here's some pics showing the crowds.
View attachment 122829
View attachment 122831
View attachment 122832

Thanks but no thanks, if someone yelled FIRE, or another few words I can think of to create fear, half of those people would be dead from the surge. That crowd is not "fine", it's "dangerous".

sean4066

I was there yesterday with my family. We have been going to the studios several times a year for the last 6 years and I'll say yesterday evening was the most crowded I've seen it. The lot was full at 2pm when we tried to get in. We parked at Epcot. When we rode through the studios parking lot there were large sections of the parking lot coned off ( not that it really mattered they still would have had you park at other resorts. Just wierd). The osbourne lights were really crowded but people were not bad. I will say though when star wars land opens they had better have this figured out because the infustructure of that park will never be able to handle it.

NearTheEars

Thanks but no thanks, if someone yelled FIRE, or another few words I can think of to create fear, half of those people would be dead from the surge. That crowd is not "fine", it's "dangerous".

Yeah, it's not the best situation, but it's not like this is a new problem. I don't think I've ever been through the lights get and not got caught in a crowd like this in the last 5 years. Yesterday, though, it seemed like it went in waves. We spent about 2 hours over there. Mostly waiting and watching from the various photo pass spots. The crowd would thin out, then get packed up again.

What would the solution be? Maybe only let a decent sized herd go through, listen to 3 songs, then move them on out? Guess it won't matter anymore come January.

rucifee

Yeah, it's not the best situation, but it's not like this is a new problem. I don't think I've ever been through the lights get and not got caught in a crowd like this in the last 5 years. Yesterday, though, it seemed like it went in waves. We spent about 2 hours over there. Mostly waiting and watching from the various photo pass spots. The crowd would thin out, then get packed up again.

What would the solution be? Maybe only let a decent sized herd go through, listen to 3 songs, then move them on out? Guess it won't matter anymore come January.

You're right about that, it's definitely not a new problem but it's one they could solve if they cared about the guest experience. They should limit capacity into the area..those crowds are only allowed due to pure greed. It's good that it thins out, but they should not allow it to get that full in the first place.

R W B

To each their own. Like I said, It didn't seem overly crowed to me. Certain spots were tight to move through but 10ft away was open. Just how crowds go I guess. I understand the dangers in it but to be honest, you ever been in MK after wishes? Yell fire there and see what happens. I also have friends that were not be comfortable in that crowd though so I see both sides, just personally I was fine.

rucifee

To each their own. Like I said, It didn't seem overly crowed to me. Certain spots were tight to move through but 10ft away was open. Just how crowds go I guess. I understand the dangers in it but to be honest, you ever been in MK after wishes? Yell fire there and see what happens. I also have friends that were not be comfortable in that crowd though so I see both sides, just personally I was fine.

Yeah, MK after wishes is another huge problem spot. They've done some work to help but in reality they just moved the bottleneck.

Sonconato

Keep in mind that since this is the last year for the Osborne Lights, it's going to be crowded and on top of that, this weekend is the last weekend that the Seasonal Passholders (now Silver) can see the lights before the they are gone. My guess is, because of those two facts, it was extra crowded last night. Might be that way tonight too. We'll see, we're heading there soon.

NearTheEars

You're right about that, it's definitely not a new problem but it's one they could solve if they cared about the guest experience. They should limit capacity into the area..those crowds are only allowed due to pure greed. It's good that it thins out, but they should not allow it to get that full in the first place.

I don't think greed has anything to do with it. It's not an upcharge to walk through. Everyone's already paid their admission at the front gate.

Aside from the SOA from 6 p.m. on, the rest of the park was pretty manageable for most of the day according to my anacdotal observations.TOT and RnRC hovered around 40 minutes until evening.

Going to miss the lights, though. Thinking about maybe going back one more time, but possibly closer to park close. Haven't been back there that late, but it would be nice to walk around all the streets and truly enjoy it.

rucifee

I don't think greed has anything to do with it. It's not an upcharge to walk through. Everyone's already paid their admission at the front gate.

Aside from the SOA from 6 p.m. on, the rest of the park was pretty manageable for most of the day according to my anacdotal observations.TOT and RnRC hovered around 40 minutes until evening.

Going to miss the lights, though. Thinking about maybe going back one more time, but possibly closer to park close. Haven't been back there that late, but it would be nice to walk around all the streets and truly enjoy it.

Greed is why there are so many people in. The. Park.

Edit: I didn't think I would need to clarify...but...TWDC is allowing too many people into the parks because money > guest experience.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

No way that greed is why people are in the parks - greed is why everything costs a fortune and why everything has an upcharge.

Studios is slammed because everyone wants to see the lights. Simple IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom