Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

Bolt

Let's not forget that Symphony starts Friday at closing. So that should be interesting to see how the lot handle that. It even looks busy the night before! I wonder why DHS is having 2 F! And not closing super early for the SW party?
The party doesn't start until after the screening so people won't even get there until 10pm

WhatJaneSays

There’s been a large influx of local passholders to see the Lights even during the week. Many are going more often than they have in years past. Of top of the elevated attendance with things like Pop Warner and corporate holiday outings there is a boost of people taking last minute trips to see the Lights as well.

I feel there might be a lull (for whatever counts as a lull anymore) in the coming week, perhaps Tuesday/Wednesday, but by Saturday the 19th it’s going to be all-out crazy until the Lights go. It’s going to stay crazy a week or so into January with people that avoided the parks at Christmas but want to see the fireworks.

rucifee

As the crowds got bigger my visits got shorter...full day at rope drop-> sometime a little before lunch-> after lunch-> before dinner-> 6:30 to catch fireworks/lights and ride a ride or two ->walk a circuit around a park give up and go home->not going to bother renewing my AP for awhile. Disney has replaced my Disney spending a million times over, they don't miss me. I kinda miss Disney, but not the parks the way they are now. I shouldn't pay so much to be frustrated/anxious/disappointed all of the time.

We were going to head over about an hour ago (to Epcot), but the "ugh I don't really want to fight the crowds for an hour, lets do something else" feeling won. You're right, we shouldn't pay so much to be frustrated/anxious/disappointed all the time. Our APs expire early next year, that's $2000+ in addition to the hundred(s) we spend per visit that will just get allocated towards something else next year.

I mean, they can't even manage parking anymore....SMH

Last edited:

Bolt

We were going to head over about an hour ago (to Epcot), but the "ugh I don't really want to fight the crowds for an hour, lets do something else" feeling won. You're right, we shouldn't pay so much to be frustrated/anxious/disappointed all the time. Our APs expire early next year, that's $2000+ in addition to the hundred(s) we spend per visit that will just get allocated towards something else next year.

I mean, they can't even manage parking anymore....SMH
Yay! Less crowds!

Cody5294

Looks like this is simply the new normal when it comes to the weekends right now. 230 seems a little early even by my standards are but if your gas traveling to the studios on the weekends, you should expect this.
Or Boardwalk and just walk ;)
In short? If you can't get in the studio's parking lot by two or 230? Just park at Epcot....

Crazydisneyfanluke

Let's not forget that Symphony starts Friday at closing. So that should be interesting to see how the lot handle that. It even looks busy the night before! I wonder why DHS is having 2 F! And not closing super early for the SW party?
When the new SW firework show debuts, there will be 3 F!
Also, i dont think there is much set up for the party. (Ill be attending and try to get a lot of pics) The party also starts at 10 pm, Fireworks at 12:45 am

roj2323

The line for the Epcot bus is currently stretched past the Christmas tree. The line for the boat is just as bad. Having worked a few New Years Eve's at DHS I can say the crowds are on par with that allmost. Currently I've been trying to get back to my car at Epcot for 45 minutes and I'm still not there or even close. I'll update later

EDIT: Took me an hour and a half to get to my car in the epcot lot.

Last edited:

DHoy

Original Poster
The line for the Epcot bus is currently stretched past the Christmas tree. The line for the boat is just as bad. Having worked a few New Years Eve's at DHS I can say the crowds are on par with that allmost. Currently I've been trying to get back to my car at Epcot for 45 minutes and I'm still not there or even close. I'll update later

Oh my! I'm sorry about that. They better get more busses ready. A 15-30 minute wait is reasonable but a 60 minute wait with a 20 minute bus ride and 10 minute walk puts a sour taste in the guests mouth. (Estimating based on assumption of time)

roj2323

Oh my! I'm sorry about that. They better get more busses ready. A 15-30 minute wait is reasonable but a 60 minute wait with a 20 minute bus ride and 10 minute walk puts a sour taste in the guests mouth. (Estimating based on assumption of time)

I took a bus to a resort and transferred to an epcot bus from there. I wasn't about to stand in that ridiculous line while they load one bus at a time which is exactly what they were doing. There were no additional busses or effort to redirect people to other options. It was chaos.

DHoy

Original Poster
I took a bus to a resort and transferred to an epcot bus from there. I wasn't about to stand in that ridiculous line while they load one bus at a time which is exactly what they were doing. There were no additional busses or effort to redirect people to other options. It was chaos.

That's even worse than I thought. They should be filling back to back busses. It prolly didn't help that the bussing schedule was set for 8:30 DHS closing, 9:00 Epcot closing and 12:00 MK closing. And it was made over 10 days ago w/ an assumption of lower guest attendance at DHS. They should be offering OT or even Double T to anyone willing to extend and assist to ensure a quality guest experience. Hopefully the schedulers and attendance projectionists are seeing a trend and will begin to schedule accordingly

mm121

In their defense, by that time, parking was a free-for-all.

They should never lose control...
how do they fill a lot after the initial morning fill? seems like it would be hard to direct cars only to rows with empty spaces. Also it doesn't help that the isles are basically one way and half the spaces are back in/difficult to park in once the lots been filled in the morning.
As the crowds got bigger my visits got shorter...full day at rope drop-> sometime a little before lunch-> after lunch-> before dinner-> 6:30 to catch fireworks/lights and ride a ride or two ->walk a circuit around a park give up and go home->not going to bother renewing my AP for awhile. Disney has replaced my Disney spending a million times over, they don't miss me. I kinda miss Disney, but not the parks the way they are now. I shouldn't pay so much to be frustrated/anxious/disappointed all of the time.
agreed, i would never pay the daily price the parks aren't worth the 100 bucks to go for just a random day especially with the crowds on most days

i would never dream of going on like NYE and some of the other super busy days not a fan of being so crowded you cant even walk
@Cody5294 The odds of getting passed the security guard at Boardwalk without a ressie are slim.

The days of parking at resorts are gone.
could controlling parking be another reason why they charge for missed ADR's now to prevent people from making an adr to basically reserve a parking spot and then not show up.

yikes!!! they need to have tons of buses for exit time

i know its not a politically correct solution but I still think they should design some type of bus that specializes in scooters/strollers/wheelchairs etc as those can really slow down the loading process

maybe if they dont want to increase the number of buses, they should divert and use some of the double busses that they built that special bus stop for at MK, what routes do they use those on anyways?

anyone know if they will use them for Disney springs once the new bus lanes and bus depot is constructed? would seem logical to use them for park to park park to ds transport and just use the old busses for park to resort transport
That's even worse than I thought. They should be filling back to back busses. It prolly didn't help that the bussing schedule was set for 8:30 DHS closing, 9:00 Epcot closing and 12:00 MK closing. And it was made over 10 days ago w/ an assumption of lower guest attendance at DHS. They should be offering OT or even Double T to anyone willing to extend and assist to ensure a quality guest experience. Hopefully the schedulers and attendance projectionists are seeing a trend and will begin to schedule accordingly
blaming scheduling is lame, i mean they had to of known this was going to be a MESS months and months ago

DHoy

Original Poster
how do they fill a lot after the initial morning fill? seems like it would be hard to direct cars only to rows with empty spaces. Also it doesn't help that the isles are basically one way and half the spaces are back in/difficult to park in once the lots been filled in the morning.

agreed, i would never pay the daily price the parks aren't worth the 100 bucks to go for just a random day especially with the crowds on most days

After morning fill they begin at the further most row. One cm goes full. All others parking begin with counting all head in spots and back-in spots empty. Then relates to other parking areas and backfilling in the same manner.

DHoy

Original Poster

i would never dream of going on like NYE and some of the other super busy days not a fan of being so crowded you cant even walk

could controlling parking be another reason why they charge for missed ADR's now to prevent people from making an adr to basically reserve a parking spot and then not show up.

yikes!!! they need to have tons of buses for exit time

i know its not a politically correct solution but I still think they should design some type of bus that specializes in scooters/strollers/wheelchairs etc as those can really slow down the loading process

maybe if they dont want to increase the number of buses, they should divert and use some of the double busses that they built that special bus stop for at MK, what routes do they use those on anyways?

anyone know if they will use them for Disney springs once the new bus lanes and bus depot is constructed? would seem logical to use them for park to park park to ds transport and just use the old busses for park to resort transport

blaming scheduling is lame, i mean they had to of known this was going to be a MESS months and months ago

Blaming scheduling is not an out its a common issue. School vacations & etc ALL RELATE to what may be predicted. Let us got back to April of 2014 when the 3rd week of park hours was extended every single day at MK due to projection errors. It's not lame it's a fact. And many CM reaped the benefit of OT and DT that week was due to projections Errors. It was so bad that on one day MK was offered any available DT or OT because attendance was reported at fireworks to be over triple projection and attractions suffered throughout the day for being understaffed due to projections.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom