Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

rucifee

I'm glad I saw the lights a couple of weeks ago, this seems bananas, it shouldn't be this busy at HS this time of year. I've been told the lot has been full all week. Thanks but no thanks.

DHS was almost empty yesterday, 12/9. There was no more than a ten minute wait for most things, including the lines for all things Star Wars. Most stuff was walk on. Longest wait was about 20 minutes for Toy Story ride. Park closed early for Pop Warner Party, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

rucifee

DHS was almost empty yesterday, 12/9. There was no more than a ten minute wait for most things, including the lines for all things Star Wars. Most stuff was walk on. Longest wait was about 20 minutes for Toy Story ride. Park closed early for Pop Warner Party, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

WOW, 20 minutes for TSMM is unheard of, except maybe at rope drop! I've never seen it under 90 myself over the years.

Jon81uk

I assume this was due to the early closure, most of the current crowds are only there for the Osborne lights. So no lights means no crowds.

PhotoDave219

Studios lot is at capacity now, and hours increased to 9:30pm close from 8:30pm.

Looks like this is simply the new normal when it comes to the weekends right now. 230 seems a little early even by my standards are but if your traveling to the studios on the weekends, you should expect this.

In short? If you can't get in the studio's parking lot by two or 230? Just park at Epcot....

Last edited:

nerdboyrockstar

Parking was terrible this past weekend and this was the spiel given was we boarded the tram on Saturday evening: "I wish I could tell you guys where you are parked but I really don't know. I wish I could tell you. Everyone is just parking everywhere. There's about 7,000 parking spots in this lot so as far as finding your car at the end of the night, good luck."

rucifee

Parking was terrible this past weekend and this was the spiel given was we boarded the tram on Saturday evening: "I wish I could tell you guys where you are parked but I really don't know. I wish I could tell you. Everyone is just parking everywhere. There's about 7,000 parking spots in this lot so as far as finding your car at the end of the night, good luck."

Are you serious? They can't even manage basic parking flow anymore? :(

rucifee

I can't imagine what its going to be like once it gets to the peak holiday week from the 19th onwards. Offsite cast parking might help, but then the crowds will be in much higher volume negating that benefit. Good luck to anyone heading over!

I can't either, this is madness. This, plus touring plans stats being so far off all year. I think they have a big problem over at the world. It's been a rough year, way too busy for us we don't go nearly as often as use had in years past.

jrhwdw

I can't imagine what its going to be like once it gets to the peak holiday week from the 19th onwards. Offsite cast parking might help, but then the crowds will be in much higher volume negating that benefit. Good luck to anyone heading over!
Let's not forget that Symphony starts Friday at closing. So that should be interesting to see how the lot handle that. It even looks busy the night before! I wonder why DHS is having 2 F! And not closing super early for the SW party?

**Stacy**

I can't either, this is madness. This, plus touring plans stats being so far off all year. I think they have a big problem over at the world. It's been a rough year, way too busy for us we don't go nearly as often as use had in years past.

As the crowds got bigger my visits got shorter...full day at rope drop-> sometime a little before lunch-> after lunch-> before dinner-> 6:30 to catch fireworks/lights and ride a ride or two ->walk a circuit around a park give up and go home->not going to bother renewing my AP for awhile. Disney has replaced my Disney spending a million times over, they don't miss me. I kinda miss Disney, but not the parks the way they are now. I shouldn't pay so much to be frustrated/anxious/disappointed all of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom