Studios name change officially confirmed - Disney's Hollywood Studios

WDWFigment

While I love the name Disney-MGM Studios for nostalgia's sake, I must say, the name no longer fit, and out of all the alternatives, this name probably made the most sense. Certainly better than Disney-Pixar Studios, and it (hopefully) means the park won't be inundated completely by Pixar.

All-in-all, a good change, in my opinion.

MuRkErY

I like it.

Not only is this a name change but it also signifies the direction Disney will be taking with MGM. It wont be Disney-Pixar studios "A park focused on Pixar Animation" it wont just be Disney-Studios, it will be Disney Hollywood Studios! This indicates to me that Disney intends MGM to have many broad themes revolving around "The Movies" as MGM was originally intended. Looks like we will be seeing lots more Star Wars and Indiana Jones as has been rumoured of course, and also a nice little Pixar section of the park.

The Hollywood that never was and all ways will be, and it seems as if Disney intends to stick with this premises. It’s a strong theme for a park and the possibilities where MGM can go with this name are now endless.

wainy

Disney Hollywood Studios

I think they needed to drop 'MGM', but not sure about the 'Hollywood' name. This is Florida after all, thousands of miles from L.A, I think it should have it's own identity. 'Disney's Movie Studios' park would have been more appropriate.
Let's have some other ideas!

hrcollectibles

I like the new name change.. We are used to Saying MGM because it has been disney MGM sicne day one. Lets say from day one they called it Disney Hollywood Studios and now they announce the name as Disney MGM studios??? Would those we be saying I like Disney Hollywood Studios better than MGM studios... ??? Looks like there will be a run on MGM merchandise...:ROFLOL:

MuRkErY

This is Florida after all, thousands of miles from L.A, I think it should have it's own identity.

Where is the logic in that?

So All parts of World Showcase, Asia, Africa at DAK etc... should be changed because they should have their own identity?

PhilharMagician

I did not expect this today.

Goodbye MGM! Hello :wave: GMR refurb! I imagine that many of the MGM referances on the ride will have to be addressed along with the queue a other run down areas.

Piebald

I can semi-confirm a few new things that weren't on the press release. They are adding Handy Manny meet and greets (he is highly sought after by the munchkin community) as well as Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton meet and greets which will replace the current streetsmosphere characters. Also they will gut out the remains of soundstage 1 and open up a brand new, interactive ride themed to Lindsay Lohan and her DUIs. Guests will board a "Mercedes" style vehicle and drive around recklessly while white powder is shot from the vehicle to incorporate these new 4-D style effects. Never the same ride twice. Imagineers have also planned on having a photo opportunity on the ride where guest pictures will show up as mugshots.

/I got nothin.

Lee

Adventurer
Ugh...
As I said months ago in another thread, it was a matter of "when" not "if" the name changed.
Didn't see that name coming, but I understand it.
It leaves room to include Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Muppets, etc....but still....awkward.:shrug:

imagineer boy

Why couldn't they just call it Disney Studios Florida? That always sounded better. "Disney's Hollywood Studios" is just kinda "meh" to me. Oh well, I'd take it over Disney's Pixar Studios any day.

Figment82

In the information I read, it stated that it would celebrate both the golden age of the '30s and '40s and the current age of movies, music, and television (through rides like RnRC and TSM).

So fear not, they aren't going to completely remove MGM's original theme completely, they are just going to make it more all-encompasing of Hollywood from its roots all the way to today.

EMThompsen

This is interesting news. It will give way for some great complaining now that the wand is gone. I like the new name but I'll probably be a Lazy American & call it Disney Studios & drop the Hollywood.

psuchad

Also they will gut out the remains of soundstage 1 and open up a brand new, interactive ride themed to Lindsay Lohan and her DUIs. Guests will board a "Mercedes" style vehicle and drive around recklessly while white powder is shot from the vehicle to incorporate these new 4-D style effects.

So that's why they are refurbing RnRRC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom