Studios Expansion?

dizneycrazy09

Original Poster
I just had a quick question. I know I read on a thread that the Studios has 2 possible major attractions in development, but I was wondering where there was room besides the removal of the backlot tour. From the look of a park map, it looks as if there is a lot of room between Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic! Can that area between the two be developed or is it used for something different?

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/photos/maps505/map-st-01.gif

^^^ I included a park map too so it's easier to check.

Lee

Adventurer
There is a nice little spot back there, but access to it would be a nightmare. Unlikely.
Backlot Tour will go much sooner than they would attempt anything on that spot.

jt04

There is a nice little spot back there, but access to it would be a nightmare. Unlikely.

Took the Backlot Tour recently and although the CM did his best, there ain't a whole lot left of the backlot. It has become a bit of a parody. Not worthy of a Disney attraction. It is just begging to be turned into "Pixarland":sohappy:

raven

From the look of a park map, it looks as if there is a lot of room between Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic! Can that area between the two be developed or is it used for something different?

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/photos/maps505/map-st-01.gif

^^^ I included a park map too so it's easier to check.

That location is all backstage area. This is also the area that has the walkway from Fantasmic to the front of the park to ease in exiting.

BuzzComplexCM

Nice thoughts but like others have said, the backlot tour would go. The map does show an open area between Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic but they don't show the offstage areas on maps. Good eye though.

Even if that was open land it would interfere with the flow of traffic to and from Fantasmic which is already crazy!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Considering that LMA has to be a very expensive show to put on, whats the chance of them shutting that down in a couple of years and using that area. You could almost get two indoor E tickets in the space it takes up.

AEfx

One has to realize that park maps are not to a uniform scale, nor are they really very accurate outside of the guest areas. Compare a guest park map to a CM park map and you'll see.

AEfx

WeLComeHomE OKW

well, since the next big attraction at disney-mgm studios is going in studio 1 AND backlot tourt is right next to studio 1...

well, doesnt that sound convenient?

im just saying...

Lee

Adventurer
well, since the next big attraction at disney-mgm studios is going in studio 1 AND backlot tourt is right next to studio 1...

well, doesnt that sound convenient?

im just saying...

Yep.
Stage 1 and the Backlot Tour area will be the next expansion areas.

Epcot82Guy

While I know this won't happen, I still think preserving a bit of the Backlot area as a walking area with smaller attractions would be a much better approach. Keep catastrophe canyon with maybe another section as a ride through. Do a live action version of the Animation Tour. Add some small rides for good measure, and keep it as "the Backlot". I think feeling like you are actually on a studio backlot with streetmosphere and areas to explore could be very successful. It also would take SIGNIFICANTLY less time (if you want) and space, so another expansion plot could be opened.

But, in reality, I know Disney-Pixar's Magic Kingdom 2 is likely on its way.

DisneyGigi

As much as I hate to say it.... the Backlot tour is not what it used to be... I can see it being replaced.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
With some road relocation, there would be more room.

i.e. South Studio Drive - move the main entry to Victory Way.

I would rather they keep the Backlot and expand the entire park, plenty of trees to bulldose:shrug:

By moving the entry road over (in blue) or changing the entry to Victory Way (yellow) they could in effect double the size of the park (or more).

MgmEntryIdea.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom