Studios Expansion?

manutdfan1

By moving the entry road over (in blue) or changing the entry to Victory Way (yellow) they could in effect double the size of the park (or more).

MgmEntryIdea.jpg
I have always thought they should expand here. And question, what is victory way?

CThaddeus

Considering that LMA has to be a very expensive show to put on, whats the chance of them shutting that down in a couple of years and using that area. You could almost get two indoor E tickets in the space it takes up.

Why wait? Kill it now. Put it out of our misery. And since the Hunchback Theater is next door, use that space, too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
By moving the entry road over (in blue) or changing the entry to Victory Way (yellow) they could in effect double the size of the park (or more).

MgmEntryIdea.jpg
They could, but it`d be a real pain to use that land. Still unclaimed. Best bet if they need more land is east behind Indy (where there is already an expansion plot) - they`ve extended the parking lot before and can do it again. Just pleeeease if they do that give the lot a proper free-flowing exit.

dizneycrazy09

Original Poster
So apparently we have all of this possible expansion land, and the Studios is in dire need of of some TLC so if not now when will that land be used? Why not use it now? and if they are planning on using it now what will they use it for?

lunarsquid

I've never heard about the blue-sky ideas for the Studios, but from the first time I visited, it just seemed very random. There is no easy way to navigate it, there's no symmetry anywhere, and the whole front area is consumed by that big pond with nothing in it, or around it really...

I'm curious as to why it's laid-out the way it is.

jmpman2313

we all said years ago that epcot was the one that really needed the TLC and they got it. I think it is just a matter of time before the studios will get theirs', and it all has started with the addition of Toy Story Mania!!!

MaXXimus

I would love to see an expansion at the Studios but honestly would rather see it done at AK first... that park is so mobbed because there is a lack of attractions to spread everyone out. :shrug:

Mansion Butler

Considering that LMA has to be a very expensive show to put on, whats the chance of them shutting that down in a couple of years and using that area. You could almost get two indoor E tickets in the space it takes up.

I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised there aren't more rumblings about it going away yet. I'll almost guarantee it would be next to go after Backlot.

Mansion Butler

One has to realize that park maps are not to a uniform scale, nor are they really very accurate outside of the guest areas. Compare a guest park map to a CM park map and you'll see.

AEfx

Wait. . . CM park map? Is that an MGM perk, 'cuz I've never gotten such a thing.

Mansion Butler

MgmEntryIdea.jpg

I've heard this from people here, it just doesn't strike me that the land past the canal is too developable.

Or are you saying move to the canal and just have the road on the otherside, which I could see. Fiddling with backstage areas is very, very hard for Disney to do, though. That's why DAK is laid out the way it is, so they won't trap themselves the way they did with MGM. And even the Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom