Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

toolsnspools

There is a "deal" but not yet completed. Last August Disney filed a permit with the South Florida Water Management District to do this. A few week later the SFWMD requested more information from Disney, which as of today, they still have not provided.
I should have know you were the source of that information. Thanks for clarifying. :)

wdw71fan

The company is taking a more 'announce it closer to completion' angle to anything beyond whats already in the the public domain at this point (Avatar, etc).. similar to the approach universal has taken with Potter, Transformers, and now Kong..

This is to contrast the construction and opening of New Fantasyland... Viewed by most higher ups and peaking in popularity and interest (hype) 12 months before opening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Gone but not forgotten....

If I may, I'm currently editing a colossal project about the history of the tour from 1989 to last year. It's looking like three one hour parts from the design and layout, to the complete multi angle 1989-90 version, how and when it changed over the years, to a multi angle HD edit from the last days of operation.

Tom

Beta Return

If I may, I'm currently editing a colossal project about the history of the tour from 1989 to last year. It's looking like three one hour parts from the design and layout, to the complete multi angle 1989-90 version, how and when it changed over the years, to a multi angle HD edit from the last days of operation.

Can't. Friggin. Wait!

rioriz

You are a God among men Martin! I appreciate all your hard work.

I know you are not a fan of many recent projects but what is your fav year 2000 up attraction that one day may deserve a Martin vid?

jensenrick

Thank you, that would be so wonderful a wonderful trip down memory lane. I miss that tour a lot.

JoeCamel

I liked this part from the last Comcast earnings conference call transcript;

"
In Parks, the new attraction pipeline is robust, especially in Hollywood with Fast & Furious and Harry Potter. We are continuing our work on a very
large theme park in China. So altogether, this is an exciting time at Comcast and we are looking forward to another great year."

It truly is the best time to be a theme park fan!

Edit: spelling

dreamscometrue

I see Part 1 is there Martin...will watch that tonight!

Btw, I recently watched your 'American Adventure' video, and it was one of my favorites of all!

mm52200

Why did they shut down this attraction if they are just letting it sit there doing nothing? I'm sad enough that it had to close to make way for something, but it looks like they closed it super early just to let it rot for a few months before work even begins.
Same reason as to why they all of a sudden closed all of the parade based entertainment at DHS with less than a month's notice only for all of the backstage parade infrastructure to still be there along with the floats just chilling backstage....almost two years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom