Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

R W B

Sad to see it go, even in its current state I still am a fan of it. One would think that if their closing it now they have plans in places to get started on soon. If they don't have plans now, then why close it now? DHS doesn't exactly have a lot of rides so I hope they have something in the works.

Goofyernmost

I'm sure Walts plane is as good as scrap
I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want to fly in it anymore anyway. They will find a place for it in WDW because the big deal is that he used it to plan the "Florida Project". Wouldn't have any real significance anyplace else.

Add it to the Walt Disney Story. That is located in one of the old sound stages anyway or at least very close. Make it an indoor "hanger" type setup. It wouldn't take much to make it look like it did back in the day, including seats, tables or whatever else was there and have a walk through tour. That would get me back there. I'll bet it could be a FP attraction. For all us oldtimers, just imagine, a vehicle that Walt Disney actually rode in and left DNA all over in.

Mike S

Sad to see it go, even in its current state I still am a fan of it. One would think that if their closing it now they have plans in places to get started on soon. If they don't have plans now, then why close it now? DHS doesn't exactly have a lot of rides so I hope they have something in the works.
I also hope something is in the works to start soon. Closing it to start construction years from now would make absolutely no sense. 20,000 leagues all over again.

Last edited:

Rinx

Let alone the bone yard, they have the entire prop warehouse of items to relocate. There's a lot of COOL stuff in there!! I'll take the locomotive off their hands :) (btw does anyone know where it's from? The tag is always flipped backwards :confused:)

R W B

I also hope something is in the works to start soon. Closing it to start construction years from now would make absolutely no sense. 20,000 leagues all over again.
Exactly! I have little faith in TDO but hopefully they can restore that lol

rustysgirl

i just can't see this being part of star wars. if you are talking all the way at the front of the park where indiana jones is, stretching all the way to the back where the backlot tour is, thats a huge chunk of the park. it wouldn't be star wars "land". they'd have to change the park's name to star wars park lol if they made this an expanded pixar area with just the RSR ride and a couple of other ones. maybe we could get that monsters inc coaster or remy ride. this is a change i could get behind. i could see them doing star wars in place of indiana jones & up by where star tours is. a win win for everyone lol

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That area of the park is closer to a "Pixar Land" expansion that it is to anything Star Wars. SW is on the other side of Streets of America. They could easily leave LMA open while they work on that section of the park as well.
Agreed and agreed. At a minimum they could begin to demo BLT and the surrounding areas while keeping LMA open. Once Frozen moves out of the sound stage building TSMM track 3 can start construction too. Hopefully all part of the plan to add capacity in anticipation of the next step - SW Land on the other side of the park.

AndyS2992

This is great news. I hope something big is coming as DHS deserves some love. I'm also pleased that over the last year things have been really looking up for WDW after many years of neglect. :)

However, with Maelstrom and Backlot tour now closed during my next trip, I hope Disney don't close any more :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom