Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

YodaMan

As reported this morning, Backlot and HISTK did not have operating times listed after October 11. Backlot has now of course changed to September 27th, but HISTK is still listed up until October 11. Anyone know what's going on there?

And FYI, LMA still appears to be running regularly for the foreseeable future.

asianway

As reported this morning, Backlot and HISTK did not have operating times listed after October 11. Backlot has now of course changed to September 27th, but HISTK is still listed up until October 11. Anyone know what's going on there?

Between the prop shop, prop warehouse, boneyard, & tram pathway, there's a fair amount of materials they will need to archive before demo.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Thanks for the update. It's hard to imagine them doing anything with HISTK and BLT while keeping LMA open. If they closed all 3 then they could section off that whole area of the park for construction.

The skeptical side of me thinks this could just be trimming operating costs. The optimist in me thinks this will not be something Star Wars related but rather some other additions that will provide capacity to the park once SW construction starts on the other side of the park. Star Tours is pretty far away from this area so it's less likely to be SW starting.

Mike S

There we have it. Nothing big will happen until LMA closes as well. It would be better if they closed at the same time with construction on whatever replacement starting immediately (a la Jaws). If BLT sits unused for years like WoL this decision will make no sense to me and will most likely just be cost savings.

NewfieFan

Another site (don't think I can post the link) has listed a few things that have no operating dates past Oct. 11th. Monsters Inc. M&G and Studio Catering Co. being among the list.

Mysterious and mysterious...

YodaMan

Another site (don't think I can post the link) has listed a few things that have no operating dates past Oct. 11th. Monsters Inc. M&G and Studio Catering Co. being among the list.

Did some further research and not sure what's going on. Even the Buzz and Woody and Incredibles M&G have dates up until October 11 and then nothing, but not sure why any of those would be leaving. Is October 11 some magical date that I do not know about?

NewfieFan

Did some further research and not sure what's going on. Even the Buzz and Woody and Incredibles M&G have dates up until October 11 and then nothing, but not sure why any of those would be leaving. Is October 11 some magical date that I do not know about?

Where are those M&Gs? Is the Toy Story one across from TSMM the one you're referring to with Buzz and Woody? And isn't Incredibles inside the Animation Academy? Why the heck would those be leaving?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Yes, blocked.

Basically the rumor of some of the small flat rides from Paris and/or HongKong coming along with room for a Cars and/or Monsters Inc ride. If true, this would be pretty substantial.

DoctorDisney

For someone that asked and I didn't see it answered, the last day of operation for Backlot is Sept. 27. It will be closed as of Sept. 28.

Rumors had something happening to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, the Coke Bottle food stand, Studio Catering Company, and High Octane Refreshments by Oct. 11 as well since hours of operation are not available on the Disney site past that date.

I was advised internally about Backlot and asked about the others. I was told "None of those are going away on Oct. 11." That could mean before then or after....we shall see.

PhotoDave219

OK, the listing of the operational dates doesnt mean anything. Doesnt mean yes, doesnt mean no. Its interesting tho.

For someone that asked and I didn't see it answered, the last day of operation for Backlot is Sept. 27. It will be closed as of Sept. 28.

Rumors had something happening to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, the Coke Bottle food stand, Studio Catering Company, and High Octane Refreshments by Oct. 11 as well since hours of operation are not available on the Disney site past that date.

I was advised internally about Backlot and asked about the others. I was told "None of those are going away on Oct. 11." That could mean before then or after....we shall see.

Best way to look at this. Wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom