Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

DinoInstitute

I assume/hope that Disney has some sort of game plan. My personal bets? Oaken's moves to AFI on the 29th so work can begin on SSI to expand TSMM. Backlot closes on the 27th so work can begin on removing/archiving/relocating anything of importance. When January rolls around and holiday crowds are gone and Osborne Lights are gone and Frozen is gone, then SoA and Premier and LMA and HISTK and Backlot can all be closed off and demolished for a major Pixar expansion. If the Sing Along needs to stay, it can be relocated to the Superstar Theatre (what's the current status of this building? Will it be used for the Comedy Warehouse?)

Again, all speculation. But it seems like Disney is getting ready to do something major in one fell swoop.
That'll never be gone

Seabasealpha1

That's a BIG chunk of real-estate. I can't imagine they'd just leave it empty...though...WOL, RIVER COUNTRY...you get the idea.

I gotta say I'm curious as to what all they are about to do to the WHOLE park overall...if they keep this closing crap-ola up, they really WON'T be anything to do while you're there. What ARE they up to? I didn't think this land was a part of the star wars hoopla that is supposedly on the way? Does this have anything to do with Cars? I thought that plan was deceased for now?

As it sits now, THIS is the half day park...not DAK. (at least that's my two cents.) Closing too much won't make for much good show...

Beholder

Its a Frozenification everywhere. Anna... Elsa.... Elsa.. Anna.... Its just so..... Animated!

And better get used to it, theyre not going anywhere.

The sad thing is, if this (Frozen) were handled in a different way, I'd be fully on board with it. The way it's being thrown everywhere is a shame because Frozen is a good movie. It and the paying guests deserve better.

wdwfan4ver

What is the chance this place goes the way of River Country and nothing ever replaces it?
I think it would be less than 1 percent. My thinking is due to the fact DHS doesn't have a lot of rides and attractions to speak of.

Disney knows closing down a big space of land a theme park that doesn't have a lot of attractions and rides without replacing it is a bad in terms of trying to keep guests in the park. Disney really looks at how much money guests spend in each park and the way to improved that is by adding more attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom