Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Nmoody1

I'd be surprised if the car I flat rides made it to WDW... They all have pretty low capacity - still, anything added to DHS is a bonus. Even the addition of a new trash can is news grabbing for that park.

I can't wait to see the ticket price increases Disney must have planned for parks where we walk around and all we see is walls.

I suppose I should be positive that stuff is happening, but I have such little faith in TDO, even, dare I say, in the higher powers that i won't get too excited until I see concept art... No wait, a final product!

FutureWorld1982

Original Poster
I was advised internally about Backlot and asked about the others. I was told "None of those are going away on Oct. 11." That could mean before then or after....we shall see.

I have no idea about the other attractions rumored to be closing on October 11, but could it be that they will actually wait until the closure of Wandering Oaken's in its new location before closing the other attractions? They can start construction in the Backlot Tour area immediately, but maybe not elsewhere due to the Frozen store location... Just a thought.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hmm... Seems pretty far from the existing Star Wars area to be a Star Wars expansion, but too small for a direct clone of Cars Land without closing LMA first. Watered down version of RSR maybe?
Agreed. Too far to be SW. Probably a. Pixar expansion. Maybe something like this:

e522e238298336a18cb5390740c82d5b.jpg

YodaMan

It's quite possible @FutureWorld1982. I had heard the rumors of the other things and went and checked the site and saw operating hours disappearing after Oct. 11. So I asked a friend of mine inside and that was the quote I was given.

They also said new things in the spot "could take a while."

I, too, agree about the dates. If you also check for certain QS restaurants, times don't extend past a certain date either. I assume it's all just coincidence for now and that Backlot is the only thing closing... for now.

startraveler

If you check under the "things to do" on the Disney site a lot of things after Oct 11 say "schedule not available" pretty much all the entertainment at HS. So I think they just don't have their schedule set yet. Hours and such. I can't imagine that no characters will be meeting. Just wait a few days and the times will probably be up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Toy Story (Play) Land is the new Toontown after all.

DHS actually does need something like this. It needs more rides (especially ones without height limits). If they built 3 or 4 smaller rides to go with at least one new Pixar dark ride (take your pick between Cars, MI and/or Rat Ride) it would be a pretty substantial addition and help to eventually offset the crowds on the SW side of the park.

If they close a bunch of stuff and start some form of demolition and construction will we get a formal announcement sooner than later?

Hula Popper

If you check under the "things to do" on the Disney site a lot of things after Oct 11 say "schedule not available" pretty much all the entertainment at HS. So I think they just don't have their schedule set yet. Hours and such. I can't imagine that no characters will be meeting. Just wait a few days and the times will probably be up.

The rumor on another site I saw early this morning discussed the internal case member schedule, and that unlike most things that were shown running through January, Backlot, HISKP, the Monsters Inc. M&G, the Coke Bottle food stand, Studio Catering Company, and High Octane Refreshments next door had no dates past October 11th. Like others have said, I guess we will see.

Billq

It has been officially confirmed internally that the Studio Backlot Tour will be closing forever on September 27, 2014 to make way for something new in the near future. What will this involve? That's something we will need to figure out, but it will take time...

I have read somewhere(wish I could remember) that Disney wants to use the former backlot tour and they want to close down the motors stunt show to put in "cars land" as they have in DL, it's a hugely popular attraction in DL

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have read somewhere(wish I could remember) that Disney wants to use the former backlot tour and they want to close down the motors stunt show to put in "cars land" as they have in DL, it's a hugely popular attraction in DL

Probably read it here. There were a bunch or rumors. Carsland came very close to being greenlit according to insiders.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
More then anything I'm worried about Walt's plane. This was the most historic item when it comes to how Walt Disney World was started. What will happen to it?
They are going to freeze it like his head:D

Someone mentioned sending it to DCA which would make some sense. It could also go somewhere else on property. Aren't they building a Hanger restaurant at Disney Springs? Could be a good plane to add there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom