Struggling Six Flags

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Last time I went to 6 Flags over GA was about 5 or 6 years ago. The coasters were fun, but there is no shade for any of the lines, and all that concrete gets hot. I'm glad to see the new policy includes cracking down on line-cutting. I was floored at all the church groups with their Jesus t-shirts on who cut in line, threw trash on the ground, and stuck their chewing gum on trees and fence posts. What would Jesus do? I don't think he would act like a juvenile delinquent.
:eek: look at Harry bringin it. :lol: yeh, i have been in that situation too with church groups and band groups.

SF is about as bad a Visionland.... errr, Alabama Adventure. no shade and a bunch of SF and Disney rip-offs in themeing

well, if Jesus was tragic enough to waste a day of his life at SF... then maybe he would cut in line and stick his gum on fense posts too (please read with a sense of humor)

DisneyMusician2

As a teacher, I refuse to take my band students to competitions at SF. The people there were completely rude to my diverse group and the park was simply filthy! NEVER AGAIN!!

SirGoofy

I have a season pass for the Six Flags in New Jersey. You do tend to get a rough crowd but the rides are worth it. I am a coaster fanatic and the coasters at Great Adventure can't be beat. (El Toro is amazing).

To me Six Flags is an amusement park, you go there to ride the rides, nothing more.

Yea, but when you go hoping that those rides are actually opperating, that's never a good sign. I didn't have the chance to get to Great Adventure this year, but last year i went 6 times on incredibly crowded days, and two-three coasters were closed each time, excluding Kingda Ka, which was down everytime I went.

doop

The only real reason I went to Six Flags: Great Adventure in New Jersey this summer was to ride the tallest, fastest rollercoaster in the world! Kingda Ka! Other than that, it's your standard thrill park. Oh and El Toro is pretty awesome as well.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We only went once in our 3 years in Atlanta. The trip went as follows:

1. Talked about how dirty the park was
2. Rode the Batman rollercoaster
3. Rode Superman (which was cool)
4. Rode a wooden coaster where I was SURE I was going to die, because the lap bar decided to stop working on the next to last hump
5. Left to thank goodness we were alive...
Probably The Great American Scream Machine its been open since 1973, so I think it's the oldest coaster there.
Last time I went to 6 Flags over GA was about 5 or 6 years ago. The coasters were fun, but there is no shade for any of the lines, and all that concrete gets hot. I'm glad to see the new policy includes cracking down on line-cutting. I was floored at all the church groups with their Jesus t-shirts on who cut in line, threw trash on the ground, and stuck their chewing gum on trees and fence posts. What would Jesus do? I don't think he would act like a juvenile delinquent.

Last time I went Thunder River's queue had a tree beside it that was literally covered in chewing gum. It was the MOST disgusting thing I think I've ever seen. :eek: :hurl:

All in all, I think the no shoes no shirt no service is a step in the right direction.

hcswingfield

:eek: look at Harry bringin it. :lol: yeh, i have been in that situation too with church groups and band groups.

SF is about as bad a Visionland.... errr, Alabama Adventure. no shade and a bunch of SF and Disney rip-offs in themeing

well, if Jesus was tragic enough to waste a day of his life at SF... then maybe he would cut in line and stick his gum on fense posts too (please read with a sense of humor)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I don't think he would EVER cut in line!!!!

TowerOfTerror

I have a season pass for the Six Flags in New Jersey. You do tend to get a rough crowd but the rides are worth it. I am a coaster fanatic and the coasters at Great Adventure can't be beat. (El Toro is amazing).

To me Six Flags is an amusement park, you go there to ride the rides, nothing more.

I also have a pass to SFGADV. One thing that Six flags does have are world class coasters especially when they are open.:rolleyes: Basically everything Six Flags try to improve like scenery gets destroyed by graffiti and pitiless crowds it receives. One thing that Six Flags does that makes me pleased to buy a is season pass is bring a friend in for free coupons.

Debbie

To see the Six Flags in New Orleans sitting in ruins is a sad. Even though it never turned a profit; it was something to do. But Six Flags should have studied that New Orleans couldn't support an amusement park. Now, 14 months after Katrina; it sits all ruined by 8 feet of water that sat there for weeks.

dandaman

The one Six Flags park I've ever been to was Worlds of Adventure near Cleveland. From what I remember (4 years ago), it was a relatively clean park, and good operations to boot.

...And then it changed ownership over to Geauga Lake in either '04 or '05.

Anyone else think Shapiro has it in for the better SF parks? :lol: :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if Shapiro was head of the company in '04.

magicfan

I went to 6Flags Georgia last summer.

Rode all coasters except Scorcher (line too long) and Deja Vu (broken down). Also Superman, but I attempted to ride until it broke down right before I got on. Waited 45 minutes to step up to the station and be told they had to do some maintenance work.

Cyclone was very jerky. It was a pain to ride. It really, truely hurt when I got off. There was a rather large man in front of me. He had heavily tatooed arms and a confederate flag bandana. He was the highlight of the ride. When it started leaving the station, he was the tough guy talking about how the ride was nothing and he wasn't scared. Throughout the ride his voice gradually got higher (as he was constantly saying stuff like oh no and certain other words I shouldn't type on here) and at the end it was about 4 octaves higher. Pretty entertaining.

Ninja was fun but a little rickety.
Scream Machine is a classic.
Mindbender was great. Nice scenic view.
Batman was pretty awesome for the time you rode. It felt very short.

But customer service horrible. Nobody knew anything. Park was very filthy also.

PintoColvig

Twelve years ago, while a student in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, I got an out-of-state season pass for SF over Texas for only $56! It was the original SF park and was in pretty good shape. The Texas Giant was built back then and was ACE's #1 rated coaster for a few years. I rode it nearly 100 times that year. College life was so difficult. :D

700 posts! How did I miss that milestone?!

surfsupdon

I was just at Great Adventure in Jackson this past weekend for Fright Fest. It was a nightmare. Kingda Ka, which maximum runs 4 trains (and always should b/c of its popularity) was running 1 train Saturday night and therefore had a 5 hour wait!!! I waited 90 minutes with my friends then ate a cockroach to cut to the front (a Fright Fest thing--I was fortunately selected) where a fist fight broke out. Not one security guard came, it was mayhem.

The place is garbage, but I still manage one visit a year. Smoking all over (the park is smoke free) vandalism and garbage everywhere you turn, and employees who curse and have no idea what to do and move at a snail's pace. I always get so frustrated here.

Gucci65

Six Flags is struggling because they are too expensive.

Sure, if you build it they will come (for Goliath), but if you raise the prices too high you can go to the new aquarium instead.

When I bought my daughter an season pass last year, it was $45 - this year is was almost $70.

Six Flags Over Georgia - $40+ for a one day pass, great rides but not Disney clean and sometimes too many teens that decide to chant when you are standing in line. Parking?? don't know how much

Georgia Aquarium - $20.00 for a one day pass. Exceptionally clean, still friendly employees and no chanting teens (BUT a lot of rug rats in the play area). Parking - $10 per car

Allystar101

I went to six flags once, it was bad, really BAD.

- trash layed everywhere around the park, gangs were kicking pop cans every where, the jantiors were just laying there, what bad service!
- I swear I was going to die on this ride, it was the wooden roller coaster. It seemed like the wood was going to break because of the creaking sound. Or maybe that was my little selt belt thing you put over yourself keep on going up on me!
- "enjoy" thats what the people working at the cafe always say, because theres a bug in your smoothie. Eck!
How many licks dose it take to get to the center of a toostie pop, the world may never know!

mandylo

I rarely go to six flags here in atlanta lately
the gangs like to hang out there and it can get a but unruly waiting in long lines at times.
That is so true. I live in central georgia and the last time we went to six flags, the park was filthy and the employees were rude. YUCK!:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom