strollers, strollers, strollers

graphite1326

I guess you are the authority on all kids... good to know for future references... Not sure how thats being lazy as opposed to as i said serving multiple purposes as well. I bring a backpack/napsack into the parks as well is that lazy as well?
I am a parent so yes that makes me an authority. So you are saying it's ok to bring a stroller in whether you have a kid or not jus so it is convenient for you to bring snacks in. You can bring a backpack if you want but the OP was about strollers.

BobPar

I am a parent so yes that makes me an authority. So you are saying it's ok to bring a stroller in whether you have a kid or not jus so it is convenient for you to bring snacks in. You can bring a backpack if you want but the OP was about strollers.
On all kids? Interesting take…. When did I say it was okay to bring a stroller in parks w no kids? Honestly never thought of that when i would go before having kids but that’s an interesting idea. Is it okay? I don’t think you or me are the ones who get to decide or judge that…. snacks wouldn’t really need a stroller. Bunch of bottled water would tho. But I think it be slightly over the top to bring in a stroller to wheel drinks around but that’s more acceptable in my opinion than seeing people strolling their dogs around in a stroller that I’m sure they claim are needed….

BobPar

Yeah trying to fill the time with two little kids is a nonstop mostly joyless exercise in running out the clock. Getting to go to Disney World with my kids is extremely fun for a change. The place was built to entertain people of all ages unlike most of the world which views little kids as a nuisance.

If they have fun or remember stuff from when we're there, even better!
Exactly!

Angel Ariel

Our first trip our youngest was 5 and it literally never occurred to us to bring a stroller. Why would it? She was more than capable of walking. There is no reason on god's green earth a healthy 8, 9, 10 year old needs to ride in a damn stroller.
My child is healthy. But she has invisible disability that mean she doesn’t have the stamina of a typical 10 year old, and sometimes needs her own personal area to retreat into for a little bit. So we rent a stroller (now a liberty freedom, a “special needs” stroller, though I dislike that term)

I realize you will likely respond that of course children like mine isn’t who you’re talking about. The point I’m trying to highlight is that children can be healthy and still have reasons they need a stroller. Having a mild, invisible motor impairment or a sensory impairment doesn’t make one not healthy.

Angel Ariel

So to ask you a question, and please do not take it as an attack. Why take an infant or a child that is too small to remember, or ride anything (outside of being around sick people, and getting a sunburn)? I understand once they are able to understand whats going on, and build memories. And especially as soon as they can ride with a parent. But when they are super young, outside of not being able to find a baby sitter, I really do not understand.

You said when you were 2 and 4 (I understand that), its the really young that I dont.

And please do not take that as an attack, I am honestly curious and looking for a different view point.
I took my daughter at 8 months and 15 months. Those trips were for myself and my husband, absolutely. We love Disney ourselves, spent part of our honeymoon at WDW, our first anniversary, had done multiple DLR trips early in our marriage before we had her, etc.

And

It was utterly magical to see her reactions to Mickey, rides, etc. The 15 month trip we did a MNSSHP - she was pascal, and her meeting Rapunzel and Flynn in the park was so incredibly memorable! She won’t remember it, but we do and we have the amazing pictures to go along with it. Seeing Disney through her eyes, even at such young ages, brought a whole different kind of magic to the trips for us!

ceecee101

No you're wrong. Kids are tougher than you think. My kids did it just fine. From opening to closing. AND then the wanted to go swimming.

Here is a list of food and drinks we brought into the parks:

I really think parents are just using a stroller as a cart for their food and drinks and stuff they buy. LAZY
This brings up an interesting point, can you bring a stroller in if you don’t have a kid in it?

Angel Ariel

This brings up an interesting point, can you bring a stroller in if you don’t have a kid in it?
Yes. We typically will get Dd out of the stroller when we have to separate and send DH through while we walk through the No bag line. He’s never had an issue getting through. The security person he ends up with isn’t always the one that saw him with her.

Prince-1

Neither do you.

Yet the burden falls on you to supply the proof to what you are suggesting otherwise you are just another example of someone who comes on here and posts things that they make-up and can’t back it up. But hey, based on your posts, I’m sure you are just going to continue to make things up.

Last edited:

ppete1975

I took my daughter at 8 months and 15 months. Those trips were for myself and my husband, absolutely. We love Disney ourselves, spent part of our honeymoon at WDW, our first anniversary, had done multiple DLR trips early in our marriage before we had her, etc.

And

It was utterly magical to see her reactions to Mickey, rides, etc. The 15 month trip we did a MNSSHP - she was pascal, and her meeting Rapunzel and Flynn in the park was so incredibly memorable! She won’t remember it, but we do and we have the amazing pictures to go along with it. Seeing Disney through her eyes, even at such young ages, brought a whole different kind of magic to the trips for us!
Your trip for MNSSHP sounds adorable. And I am sure the cast loved it as well.

ppete1975

Well, the question wasn't directed to me, but I can contribute that in my case, my children are several years apart. How long would I have had to wait to take the older one to WDW? And I only had two kids. What about families where there are several children with a significant age difference between the oldest and youngest? People need to decide what works best for their own families; it's simply not necessary for anyone else to pass judgment on what they're doing even if it's not something they would choose to do.

Our trip last April included two grandparents (DH and myself), our two children and their spouses, and our grandchildren (3 years, 9 months and 4 months.) We are DVC, so we had a very comfortable villa and we separated frequently for the younger two to have naps, quiet time, etc. The baby care centers at WDW are fantastic for feeding/changing. We didn't spend all that much time in the parks, but since we visit frequently there really was no need. The youngest ones love water and enjoyed floating down the lazy river in tubes and the splash pads at the resort. (No one got sunburned or sick, although I agree more care must be taken with young ones - the little ones had full body swimsuits and hats)

You may have seen us in the parks with two strollers (one a double), a transport chair for Gran and a whole lot of very happy faces. If that doesn't fit the picture of who someone else thinks should be at WDW, I won't lose any sleep over it.
Ive definitely hit a nerve with people that i wasnt trying to hit. So this will be my last post on the subject.
And you are right, everyones decision is different. I feel your situation in particular would have happened 50 years ago when the park opened, and you would have had a stroller and enjoying yourself.
My point all along was the people who take their infant the previous poster said since birth (only kid) who has no idea whats going on, just to get their pics and post them. Yes my question after that devolved the original point I was making.
There are people who bring an infant under 3-4 months old, with the sole purpose of taking pics with the castle etc. And you can tell the baby doesnt want the loud sounds the heat the rain and they sound miserable and usually the parents do to.. but they get their monthly picture of baby X growing up in the parks.
In the past people waited until the baby could enjoy the experience before taking them, and that was a big reason you dont see as many strollers in older pics as you do now.
That was my entire post (multitasking and doing this on a cell phone has probably not made my intent clear), and will be my last post on the subject.

jloucks

Do you have any kids? If not then maybe thats why you are asking the question... We took my daughter a month before her 1st bday.... the memories we made were priceless.. the joy and laughter she had etc all of us... not to mention being able to show her pics and videos of her doing things for the 1st time etc.... did i take it as an attack? not at all.... just find it an actual headscratcher that someone needed to ask that question... hopefully i answered it for you... using your logic why take an infant anywhere? may as well leave she or him locked inside until she can talk and walk and maybe even hold a conversation and while we are at it out of diapers as well? what else should we wait for to take our children places?

I have been here over a decade now and this debate comes up from time to time. My take away (only mine) from the last decades worth of discussion is that WDW is too expensive to take a person that will not get lifelong memories.

Buuuutt....
  • Expensive is relative
  • Memories can be all about you and not the tiny child, and that is ok
It is like when I took my 5 month-ish old to Saving Private Ryan. She was in one of those chest burrito things the whole movie. She would jump a little when the explosions would happen. ...what was my point?...... oh, yea, I took her because I wanted to see the movie and figured properly burritoed, she would be fine. :p She was.

And here is the weird thing.... I remember taking her as much, if not more, than the movie itself. My first movie since I had my first kid, and she was there too. :cool:

ppete1975

I thought they used them to carry all the exclusive merchandise they just got to resell at a higher price online?
Dont give people ideas!! :) These nice scalpers would have loved the idea
1668176606854.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom