strollers, strollers, strollers

jloucks

I took my daughter at 8 months and 15 months. Those trips were for myself and my husband, absolutely. We love Disney ourselves, spent part of our honeymoon at WDW, our first anniversary, had done multiple DLR trips early in our marriage before we had her, etc.

And

It was utterly magical to see her reactions to Mickey, rides, etc. The 15 month trip we did a MNSSHP - she was pascal, and her meeting Rapunzel and Flynn in the park was so incredibly memorable! She won’t remember it, but we do and we have the amazing pictures to go along with it. Seeing Disney through her eyes, even at such young ages, brought a whole different kind of magic to the trips for us!
I hope you videod it!

Soo, what we did for every trip out there is make a large Shutterfly coffee table photo book of the trip.

That collections of books have become a family treasure.

...also, they make great gifts for the kids when they grow up. And they will. :cry:

ppete1975

I know the prevailing wisdom these days is that you should bring a stroller even for slightly older kids but I don't see many toddlers at all in these pictures. Maybe parents didn't bring little kids back then? I find it hard to believe that any parents were bringing little kids to WDW without strollers.
That was my entire point, people didnt bring as many infants as before. They waited till they could walk usually. Every situation of course is different. But you look at most pictures from the 70s and even the 80s and there are alot less infants in the photos. And I am in way attacking or saying anything bad about anyone.
The op asked why there were more strollers, and that was my answer. People didnt bring as many infants.
But the park has changed in who it markets after as well, the world has changed, and as someone said strollers have changed alot. If all we had were 70s umbrella strollers we wouldd prob see less strollers as well :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just trying to picture a childless couple pushing around a stroller full of snacks. That is a funny image, lol. I hope this is a thing so I can see it live and in person.
troy landry challenge GIF

Is it still ok if we just don't bring any of our kids? ;)

graphite1326

Yet the burden falls on you to supply the proof to what you are suggesting otherwise you are just another example of someone who comes on here and posts things that they make-up and can’t back it up. But hey, based on your posts, I’m sure you are just going to continue to make things up.
No it doesn't.

mysto

Just trying to picture a childless couple pushing around a stroller full of snacks. That is a funny image, lol. I hope this is a thing so I can see it live and in person.

I considered this for a second, but I think the stroller would be more of a burden than a luxury.

Regarding the larger debate, I think there's nothing wrong with strollers as long as they're not used as rams. There's nothing wrong with bringing toddlers.

Chi84

Premium Member
That was my entire point, people didnt bring as many infants as before. They waited till they could walk usually. Every situation of course is different. But you look at most pictures from the 70s and even the 80s and there are alot less infants in the photos. And I am in way attacking or saying anything bad about anyone.
The op asked why there were more strollers, and that was my answer. People didnt bring as many infants.
But the park has changed in who it markets after as well, the world has changed, and as someone said strollers have changed alot. If all we had were 70s umbrella strollers we wouldd prob see less strollers as well :)
People bring babies and young children with them to many places they wouldn't have in the past, including restaurants, baseball games and other outings the child could not possibly understand. This isn't something that is unique to Disney, nor does it have anything to do with the child remembering the experience. It could be because society is now more welcoming to young children in these places; it could very well be that people are more mobile and don't live near relatives who can be depended upon for babysitting.

As far as WDW is concerned, it all depends on why the parents are going to Disney. Some, like us, went as a family vacation so it made sense to bring our young children. If your intent is going to Disney for the child to remember the experience, then it would make sense to wait until the child is old enough to do so.

I know your other post was the last one on the subject ;) - just had to add my perspective.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

In the past people waited until the baby could enjoy the experience before taking them...
You know that babies can't remember anything until they're about two years old, right? So what do you suggest parents do? Because baby isn't going to remember Walt Disney World, or the Grand Canyon, or a visit to Grandma's house, or a walk on the beach. So are mom and dad meant to lock themselves inside a house for two years until their child is old enough to remember things?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You know that babies can't remember anything until they're about two years old, right? So what do you suggest parents do? Because baby isn't going to remember Walt Disney World, or the Grand Canyon, or a visit to Grandma's house, or a walk on the beach. So are mom and dad meant to lock themselves inside a house for two years until their child is old enough to remember things?
I think my parents did this. But I don't remember...

Angel Ariel

I hope you videod it!

Soo, what we did for every trip out there is make a large Shutterfly coffee table photo book of the trip.

That collections of books have become a family treasure.

...also, they make great gifts for the kids when they grow up. And they will. :cry:
No video sadly - video on phone then wasn’t great. We do have amazing pictures though ❤️

Working on the Shutterfly books…on the list ;)

Angel Ariel

Blessed be the parents who went to Disney before they had kids, for they know what true freedom is.
So true 😆. Though I will say, when DH and I would go early in our marriage, there was one trip where he had some work to do for his masters each day, and I didn’t really love being in Disneyland by myself.

Now?

While I adore the time there with my family (and my parents usually come as well), I think I’m now at a point where I would really enjoy being in the parks on my own. Not necessarily for a full trip, but a day? Yeah. Just me and my camera, doing whatever I want whenever? That would be freedom - and I didn’t really feel that the same way before we had kids :)

phillip9698

Of course they can, they have younger legs and they are fairly new. You are comparitively old so if anyone should be in the stroller it's you. Let me get you to understand, I don't give a rats butt what you do with your kids, that is your business. I just hate to see the weak humans that we are creating for the future. Flexing a little muscle, while having fun is quite beneficial. Oh, and you cannot listen to them as they will tell you how exhaused they are and drag their feet and act like they are about to pass out. Then you take them back to the hotel and they set on on a dead run for the pool. We adults should have that kind of energy.

A 4 year old can’t walk 9 miles a day in 95 degree heat and 90% humidity. Or I should say shouldnt walk.

graphite1326

Now you have it.

Goofyernmost

A 4 year old can’t walk 9 miles a day in 95 degree heat and 90% humidity. Or I should say shouldnt walk.
Never said they could, not once! I felt that 6 was the earliest that I would not have taken my children any younger partially because of that. The other reason was because it was an unnecessary burden on my enjoyment to handle a stroller all day long for no reason. I feel that any healthy child with working legs can handle walking just as well, if not better then an adult. Kids were given legs to walk on and the idea that they cannot do it after 6 years old is just nonsense. On an full family trip the youngest, my granddaughter, was 5 1/2 years old and she did fine. And just for information no one should walk 9 miles a day in 95 degree heat and 90% humidity especially adults. But I should point out that you don't walk 9 miles a day all in one unit. You stop, you give your butt a ride on the attractions, usually in AC and then walk a short distance to the next attraction. The longest one usually walks are into and out of the park at the end of the day. Kids are much more resilient then we give them credit for.

Last edited:

BobPar

That was basically my point. Should we keep children inside doing nothing til
They can recall anything? Its such a silly concept for anyone to suggest that.

Chi84

Premium Member
That was basically my point. Should we keep children inside doing nothing til
They can recall anything? Its such a silly concept for anyone to suggest that.
This seems to come up only where Disney is involved. Maybe it’s because there are people who think of a Disney vacation as being primarily for kids or a once-in-a-lifetime event that they should be able to fully experience and remember. If you discuss the concept in other contexts it clearly makes no sense.

BobPar

This seems to come up only where Disney is involved. Maybe it’s because there are people who think of a Disney vacation as being primarily for kids or a once-in-a-lifetime event that they should be able to fully experience and remember. If you discuss the concept in other contexts it clearly makes no sense.
Yep…. How many infants do we see at the beach or encouraged to go swimming. How many pics of kids we going to see w Santa in the coming months. How many infants did we just see in costumes for Halloween? The list is endless but God forbid we take our kids to Disney…. As i said i took mine not to post pics on social media lol.

Angel Ariel

Exactly. And when I get asked the inevitable question of when should I take my kids - that’s the question I ask. Do you plan on this being a once in a lifetime trip, or will you go back?

If it’s the latter, then I say go whenever you want to go and don’t worry about whether they’ll remember it - you will, and if it’s something *you* want to do, then do it!

If the former (ETA: and their child remembering is important to them), then yes I would suggest they wait until the child is older.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom