strollers, strollers, strollers

bdearl41

As a parent of two small kids. We have delayed our trip 3 times already. For us it was less about Covid and more about making sure WDW was what it needed to be for the kids. I imagine now a lot of parents are seeing some of the perfect years to take little ones slipping away and are trying to get there asap. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the year with highest number of littles visiting ever. We are taking ours in May. They’ll be 6&3. Almost don’t need a stroller but the 3 year old will.

Raxel7851

I knew some who went to Discovery Cove Orlando for a whole day to swim , snorkel, close up encounters with dolphins and other sea creatures including all you can eat and drink for $274 per person .
Is that still available? I remember seeing advertisements for it a long time ago. Was that at Sea World?

John park hopper

Hey Bob heres another money making idea since strollers take up so much room in the parks and on busses charge an additional fee to bring them into the park. It would force people to rent your strollers you could charge more --thats $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$in the bank. I could be a Disney CEO like Bob making 38 mill a year I got a lot more ideas to squeeze the guests (friends)

castlecake2.0

went to MK today, my god there were as many strollers as people,what gives?
Wheeled objects in the parks is the next big boiling point I see happening. At some point they’re going to have to find a way to limit the numbers of them or start widening more paths and adding more parking areas. The influx I’ve seen over the last decade of strollers/ECVs is mind blowing.

*I’m not commenting on the validity of need for the people using them, just commenting on the huge increase of them*

Today at Pop:

CCAFAAD4-76B7-41CE-814B-56FB1F27B221.jpeg
98795585-59FB-4B23-9DD9-D639AEDF70E3.jpeg

Club Cooloholic

how cool would it be if (and this would never happen and goes against everything disney is) if Disney had like 1 day a month where noone under 21 was allowed in?
Go to Universal during Halloween horror nights. That might be your best chance. Hate to say it but it's a theme park, go hike Mount Washington if you want a break from strollers.

Weather_Lady

I think it's, in some ways, the result of a decline in general health and fitness in the American population. We have a disproportionate number of people (baby boomers) who have now reached an age where ECVs are more often needed. The rest of the population, children included, has become increasingly sedentary, overweight and out of shape over the last many decades. Add to that a global pandemic that's made many of us even more sedentary and unhealthy (in most cases, like my family, working/schooling from home for over a year, stress-eating, and avoiding crowded places like the gym -- and for a small number of others, like some friends of mine, "long-haul COVID" symptoms that have transformed them from healthy adults to people who can barely climb a flight of steps without stopping to rest), and it's a recipe for "strollers and wheelchairs and ECVs, oh my!"

I find the overuse of strollers annoying (by "overuse," I mean "people who are not using their stroller to transport an infant or a disabled child, but instead are just toting around their souvenirs, or their able-bodied fourth grader"), but they're clearly here to stay, and the forces that are making guests less mobile won't be diminishing anytime soon. My way of coping is simply to try and, uh, roll with it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom