Stressed before trip?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Oh, no, no, no!!! My OCD self could, in no way, share duties with anyone - let alone my husband! LOL :D

In all seriousness, I get a little stressed, but nothing too bad. This trip is going to be a little more stressful on me because of the pregnancy, but, as mentioned above, I have OCD so my packing is halfway complete and I still have 39 days to go.

Yes, this is true. The only thing yet to be packed are clothes, even tolietries are in their appropriate place in ziplock bags within one of my suitcases. Oh, it's just great being me!!! :lol:

Ha! My world is just like yours. Especially with sharing the planning duties. I'll ask the BF for opinions, but if I don't like his answer, I'll just do what I want to anyway. I can't help it. He's given up on even giving me his opinions anymore!

And, even with the over-planning, over-thinking strategy I still get anxious about things. Not so much about details like dining or tickets or anything, but a general anxiety that as soon as I get there it'll be almost over and then what will I do!!

dixiegirl

Me get stressed?? LOL....I stress over everything, my hubby on the other hand is so good...He stresses orver nothing..we balance each other out!!!! I stress over is everyone gonna be healthy...thats my thing....just please don't let anyone get sick(although one year my daughter ended up at celebration hospital , which by the way are wonderful which a bad case ofthestomach bug and ened up getting an IV( .So thats always a scary thought for me....But packing, I usually start week before with piles, here and there... Then as the week gets closer i decide what I "really" need....That was today...everything is packed , except for the last minute things..makeup and such...Also it sounda horrible I know but I always pray while we're either away or its getting closer that nobody passes away.....I mean I don't want anyone to pass away anyway, but I pray it doesn't happen around or on our vacation time...Oh i know I'm going to hell , but I know that someone out there feels the same... See yes I worry about EVERYTHING!!!!! But usually once I'm there, and surrounded by a world of fantasy and make believe...Oh I'm good!!

3 days till I'm going home...To my Happy Place!

Phonedave

I travel, on average, 1.5 times a month - either for business or pleasure. It has become old hat. I can be packed and ready to go in 20 minutes. Same thing if my kids are comming with me. I have also done very stupid things, like left all my credit cards (including ATM card) at home and had $20 on me for a week at WDW. Also left my AP home once. All of that was fixed with a few phone calls, so I never - wait, make that rarely, stress.

This last trip I stressed. It was me and my two girls going to WDW-cruise-WDW. I was in fear of messing something up; passports, photo ID, transfer passes, cruise docs, entry forms, whatever and having to stand there and watch the Disney Wonder sail off into the sunset without us. OF course it all went well :) but I was worried.

-dave

Hrudey3032

The only thing that gets me stressed is my brother.We go every year to see our dad so its not like he couldnt plan to be ready but back in 2004 we were leaving in January and were supposed to leave our house at 130 for Indy Airport.At 12:15 my brother is looking around and I asked him what he was looking for and he said a bag to put his stuff in.:brick: I was like we leave in just over a hour and you arent even packed??? To top it off he hadnt even done laundry so,after I went to Walmart and got him a duffle bag,he packed all his dirty clothes and grabbed a few things he needed and we left on time.
Needless to say I always ask my brother a week in advance if he has started getting ready.I will not go thru that again .....ever!! Heck I am starting to pack about 2 weeks prior as I can pack warm weather clothes since its usually only like 20 degrees here in january.I make a list,check everything off as I pack it then do the same when I come back that way everything is ready and I dont have to stress

kstella

About 1 month out I make a general list of things to remember to do or bring. The week before I make a more detailed list and start thinking about what I'm going to pack, what to wear on the plane, etc... Since we generally fly out at night I take that day off to do last minute things and get my thoughts together without tripping over my DH, DS, DD. My kids have travelled enough and are old enough to be completely responsible for their own things, so I let them. My DH still requires me to sit with him while he packs to tell him what he needs, but I force him to pack for himself. Since we usually make two trips a winter I would be nuts if I stressed any more than that!:p

Have a great time! Only 68 days to go for me!!!:sohappy:

MickeyFan77

I don't usually stress too much but this time is different. We leave in exactly a week from today (YEAH) but unfortunately have to put our dog to sleep before hand. Now the really stressing part is that we want to do it at home and the 2 names that were given to us don't come to our area. One will come to the road next to ours, about 2 mins away, but won't come to us!!:fork: My husband is really having a hard time as it is really his dog. So today I have to spend my day calling around hopefully finding someone to come to our house. We don't want to take her to the vet b/c she freaks out too much and would make things worse but it looks like that is what we are going to have to do.

dragonfox98

Hey! I'm a Husband that is planning our whole trip in Feb.. I think I'm doing a great job!

Hey, Grumpy Fan - I wasn't picking on husbands - I swear!!! No, I'm picking on myself. I have OCD (yes, it is confirmed people) and I do not share anything!!!! I have to have things planned my way, packed my way, and followed through on my schedule. I laugh out loud when trip reports say "going commando" as I am not that bad in the parks, but before we get there I am a human robot with things done as I like it.

My husband is awesome and I love him simply because I don't think any other man in the world could possibly put up with me. He not only understand my OCD-ness, but helps me cope with it as well.

Hey - he's actually gotten me to the point where I don't pack clothes until a couple days before the actual trip. There was a time when I would pack for a trip that was two months down the road!:)

PS - put it this way, I can't even enjoy some of the great dining Disney has to offer because of my OCD; to explain and elaborate - my food can't touch! LOL Yes, it's weird, but I just can't have it and I hate asking for special treatment when we go out to eat (it's embarassing sometimes trying to explain to the waitstaff that my food can't touch).

cooleo

Never! What is there to stress about? You are going to "The Happiest Place on Earth". Oh wait, you are not there yet. :lol:

Disneymadmummy

I have no idea as to how much hair i`ll be pulling out this time round.
Last year it was only myself,partner and the 2 eldest children.
This year it`s Myself,partner,mother and all 4 of our children :lol:

When we leave the children are gonna be 7,4,2 and 9 mths.............what have i let myself in for :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom