Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

dgp602

Maybe this has been asked before, but what happened to all the old movie props and such we used to drive by on the BLT? And Walt's Plane? I never saw pictures of it moved...

MagicHappens1971

Oh man this one hurts. I can not tell you how often I looked forward to getting a cinnamon bun at the Writer's Shop and setting on a bench back there and eating it with some coffee. I always thought it was kind of the best place to get a little peace in all of Disneyworld. I wish Disney could make a sort of "Retirement Home" park and just relocate all the attractions they are doing away with in one park to the new Retirement Home park so all of us that love certain things would never have to give them up. LOL!
I believe it was said that Writer's Shop won't be closing, for now.

Mike S

bioreconstruct has more pictures today....

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
If this land is ever used for future attractions like one of his tweets says, how easy would it be to connect it through the area around Star Tours?
Cq9YNN2XYAEXb85.jpg

Mike S

The Tweet is incorrect, the planning documents clearly say that that area will be parking. Someone already responded to the tweet showing the relevant parts of the document.
That cleared area should be for the parking expansion.
Figures that one of the best areas for park expansion isn't being used for park expansion.

Would it be easy to connect though? Isn't that road being removed?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Figures that one of the best areas for park expansion isn't being used for park expansion.

Would it be easy to connect though? Isn't that road being removed?

There are plans for a new entrance coming from the intersection of Victory and Osceola, but it's still not clear if the old entrance road will remain or not.

DinoInstitute

That seems like an awful place for parking expansion. It cuts off a huge plot of land for future use. Where could they even expand now if they wanted to?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I believe it was said that Writer's Shop won't be closing, for now.
It's not but they totally changed the Writer's Shop. It's more of a place to get alcohol now. I talked to a CM about it because I knew it looked kinda odd when I was in there in May and she said they decided to leave it open but to give more of a feel like being at a bar as opposed to a bookshop. There was just people in there sitting around having drinks and stuff. I actually don't drink so it's like it's the same as closed to me. She said even that wasn't a for sure thing going forward though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That seems like an awful place for parking expansion. It cuts off a huge plot of land for future use. Where could they even expand now if they wanted to??

If they wanted to add on they would move the parking further out and then build the attractions where the parking is now. Surface parking isn't that expensive and a lot of the prep work would be the same as if you were going to build attractions so it's not a big loss if they do use it. There is also the possibility that this is just going to be interim parking until they build garages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom