'Strange World' Disney's 2022 Animated Film

celluloid

There is nothing “in your face” in Strange World. If you blink, you miss it. This thread is freaking ridiculous. A bunch of people who have not seen the movie blabbing opinions.

I wish I could have blinked and missed the entire movie. My kids were bored. It was not only lazily written, but the love interest of the boy was forced and uninteresting to the plot. It is like even Disney was bored with the story with the meta merchandising joke about the splat.

TP2000

I wish I could have blinked and missed the entire movie. My kids were bored. It was not only lazily written, but the love interest of the boy was forced and uninteresting to the plot. It is like even Disney was bored with the story with the meta merchandising joke about the splat.

There's an interesting take, thank you!

I still wonder why Burbank execs made the purposeful decision to barely market this $180 Million family film. At Thanksgiving. :oops:

They must have had test audience results that were not good. The demographic results that Deadline released showed adult men over 25 really hated it. (AKA, Dads!)

What were the other test results that Burbank saw that caused them to nearly abandon this film in the marketplace, I wonder?

BuddyThomas

There's an interesting take, thank you!

I still wonder why Burbank execs made the purposeful decision to barely market this $180 Million family film. At Thanksgiving. :oops:

They must have had test audience results that were not good. The demographic results that Deadline released showed adult men over 25 really hated it. (AKA, Dads!)

What were the other test results that Burbank saw that caused them to nearly abandon this film in the marketplace, I wonder?
You don't get an "interesting take", thank you, when you are the main culprit on here of blabbing a bunch of garbage when you have not seen the movie.

BuddyThomas

Well, that's ONE opinion. If you can write something better, please do so.

GimpYancIent

Can you give some examples of what you consider “in-your-face presentation of the supposed inclusiveness”?
I will just give one really small example. The elimination of the introduction Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. An all-inclusive non offensive long term general announcement suddenly an issue? that needed to be corrected? presented abruptly and not without proclamation of the change. Why? An unnecessary irritation. I do not see any point in laundry listing more the poor presentation and judgment in the parks and media with this supposed inclusivity. The public / guests / viewers / visitors are reacting with their $ and time.

celluloid

Well, that's ONE opinion. If you can write something better, please do so.

So you have to write produced films to have an opinion on a film's writing? Does my opinion being mine mean you should belittle it? Or am I only entitled to an opinion if it is similar to yours?

Is the film did not bomb due to it not being well made, but plenty opportunity to be marketed and the only animated family film to be released at this time from the biggest reputable family entertainment juggernaut on the planet?

BuddyThomas

I will just give one really small example. The elimination of the introduction Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. An all-inclusive non offensive long term general announcement suddenly an issue? that needed to be corrected? presented abruptly and not without proclamation of the change. Why? An unnecessary irritation. I do not see any point in laundry listing more the poor presentation and judgment in the parks and media with this supposed inclusivity. The public / guests / viewers / visitors are reacting with their $ and time.
Oh good lord. This does not impact you personally in any possible way. If you are so upset about inclusion, just go to Six Flags instead and watch Universal movies instead. This thread has become the dumping ground for people to cry and complain about gay inclusion in Disney, and it is really becoming pathetic.

Chi84

Premium Member
The example you gave is an announcement in the parks. What do you mean by the public/guests/visitors reacting with their money and time?

TP2000

You don't get an "interesting take", thank you, when you are the main culprit on here of blabbing a bunch of garbage when you have not seen the movie.

Actually, I get to do "interesting takes" as long as I pay my Internet bill.

I'm also here waiting a few minutes for a broiled strip steak to rest, and swirling a very good Oregon Pinot Noir around in a glass... So interesting takes are nearly mandatory under those conditions. :D

LittleBuford

Doesn’t the fact that the change was made “without proclamation” disprove your assertion that these initiatives are “in-your-face”? Would a first-time visitor have any idea that the greeting had once been “Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls”? In what ways, and for what reasons, does the replacement greeting diminish your enjoyment of the parks?

BuddyThomas

So you have to write produced films to have an opinion on a film's writing? Does my opinion being mine mean you should belittle it? Or am I only entitled to an opinion if it is similar to yours?

Is the film did not bomb due to it not being well made, but plenty opportunity to be marketed and the only animated family film to be released at this time from the biggest reputable family entertainment juggernaut on the planet?
Oh look, that martini shaking dog who did not see the movie gave you a LOVE emoji. How sweet. You can have whatever opinion you want to have, but the majority of critics and audience members disagree with you, and that is a provable fact. But keep on posting about how bad it is. I see what is happening here.

celluloid

Oh good lord. This does not impact you personally in any possible way. If you are so upset about inclusion, just go to Six Flags instead and watch Universal movies instead. This thread has become the dumping ground for people to cry and complain about gay inclusion in Disney, and it is really becoming pathetic.

Well Disney really screwed them over if you put it that way. They are not going to win people over who are not ready for a jarring social take in the media whether you think it should be jarring or not is of course valid, but the reality is there. If you want to not believe that, that is fine, but you know they alienated the rest with bad storytelling. It is not like no one was aware that a new Disney family animated movie may be coming out around Thanksgiving time. It bombed compared to others that have done the same.

Critically, publically bad.

But remember, to some your opinion is not valid if it is not shared.

BuddyThomas

Actually, I get to do "interesting takes" as long as I pay my Internet bill.

I'm also here waiting a few minutes for a broiled strip steak to rest, and swirling a very good Oregon Pinot Noir around in a glass... So interesting takes are nearly mandatory under those conditions. :D
Yeah, it sounded like your cocktail hour started a little early tonight. I'm glad you are enjoying your hobby as a gay man, hating on a movie with a gay character that you have never seen.

celluloid

Doesn’t the fact that the change was made “without proclamation” disprove your assertion that these initiatives are “in-your-face”? Would a first-time visitor have any idea that the greeting had once been “Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls”? In what ways, and for what reasons, does the replacement greeting diminish your enjoyment of the parks?

This is a pointless argument proposal. Whether it is in a face or not by your definition is irrelevant. Quit invalidating someone's take on it. Your point that they may not care if they were not aware is silly. "What if you were ignorant to this?" is a weird thing to suggest.

TP2000

It's just creepy and dumb. And cringey. And feels so fake and just weird.

Why did they even do it? No one can really explain that. In SoCal, it was actually a bigger deal than you'd imagine where nearly 1 Million locals have AP's.

BuddyThomas

Well Disney really screwed them over if you put it that way. They are not going to win people over who are not ready for a jarring social take in the media whether you think it should be jarring or not is of course valid, but the reality is there. If you want to not believe that, that is fine, but you know they alienated the rest with bad storytelling. It is not like no one was aware that a new Disney family animated movie may be coming out around Thanksgiving time. It bombed compared to others that have done the same.

Critically, publically bad.

But remember, to some your opinion is not valid if it is not shared.
It is not a freaking "jarring social take". I hate to break it to you, but this is 2022, not 1952.

celluloid

Oh look, that martini shaking dog who did not see the movie gave you a LOVE emoji. How sweet. You can have whatever opinion you want to have, but the majority of critics and audience members disagree with you, and that is a provable fact. But keep on posting about how bad it is. I see what is happening here.

Why are you so hateful? I don't care who gives me an emoji, and why are you so invested in that? You don't want to have a discussion at all. You want to say I can't have an opinion, and say the same to others.

Last edited:

TP2000

Yeah, it sounded like your cocktail hour started a little early tonight. I'm glad you are enjoying your hobby as a gay man, hating on a movie with a gay character that you have never seen.

I haven't had a cocktail yet, I just opened the Pinot Noir a glass ago.

But I'm planning on doing a Rusty Nail later tonight as my nightcap. They're my go-to Christmas cocktail, and it's gotten very chilly here tonight. It will be a double Rusty Nail; Johnnie Walker Black and a bit heavy on the Drambuie, with a twist.

I'll report back on how it turns out. Strip steak time!

GimpYancIent

The example you gave is an announcement in the parks. What do you mean by the public/guests/visitors reacting with their money and time?
If you do not understand people reacting to things that irritate, do not interest, find unnecessarily distracting, do not find applicable to them or simply not worth their time not going to, not wanting to view and definitely not spend money or time. Well, we have no conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom