Storytime with Belle...That's it?!?

Mawg

What was the price tag on this?

I don't know the cost; they don't let out that information. It will be up to them to decide if the cost was worth it, is it sucking up enough crowd for how much it costs...only time will tell. It did take up quite a bit of the space of the expansion so they'll also have to weigh in on was it a good use of space when a traditional meet and greet can be squeezed in almost anywhere. I think the jury is still out on if a new type of immersive meet and greet will be worth it.

My opinion is, this is nice. My boys will enjoy it for another year or two. They won't want to repeat it. Other families with little girls will enjoy it more and for more years. Princesses are big money right now. If they built a few more of these would it be worth it, no, in my opinion. They cater to too small of crowd.Still looks really interesting.

Mawg

Ya know, in this whole thread, no one has mentioned that Belle is the most attractive princess and if anyone deserves an expensive meet and greet like this it is probably her. She's extremely easy on the eyes.

Mawg

I only wish the Belle you got to meet had the same eyes as the Belle in the movie...Does anyone else think that when Bugs Bunny dresses up like a girl that he was kind of cute…Yeah me neither, I was just checking.

WDW1974

Regardless of what your friend thinks, this meet and greet is certainly the most immersive that has been done in a Disney park. Two animatronics, a detailed queue, a pre show, and more than a love and shove with Belle. Impressive stuff for the target audience, which as we all know, is families with young children. It will be massively popular, and puts most other park meet and greet experiences to shame.

My friend is a very important Spirit in the themed entertainment business. My friend understands that people don't (well, most normal well adjusted adults) don't spend thousands of dollars on MAGICal vacations for meet and greets. They are complementary entertainment experiences. They are NOT attractions.

I respects this person's opinion greatly as do a great many in the business.

I am not debating whether this will be popular or what that means because we all know everything from Walmart to Taco Bell to Starbucks to politicians who campaign against groups of people here in teh USA are all hugely popular. Doesn't make them quality or right.

WDW1974

You didn't even know the video was released. LMAO So late. And then you expect us to trust your opinions when you haven't even seen it for yourself? No thank you. Anyway, welcome to the discussion, 74. You've got 13 pages to catch up on.

The video is of no moment to my point, Justin.

I'm sorry that I don't live Disney theme parks 24/7 and am not here as much as others and was unaware the video was out. Doesn't change a gosh darn thing I stated.

And I have no intention of catching up on 13 pages. I just bowed out of Lightbulb's Carsland discussion because it keeps growing with absolutely nothing solid decided beyond major work is coming to the Studios and LMA, Backlot and the hat will all disappear as part of it.

As to my opinions, you can trust whatever you wish ... doesn't change reality.

WDW1974

Pretty sure 74 is very busy preparing for his trip to the West Coast for the Emmy's where he'll be hobnobbing with industry folks like the one who he just told us about....

Actually, that is partly true, but I've been very busy the past week with both my business and some very unexpected and high profile work that came my way. It sorta took precedence over spending time here arguing about the issues affecting WDW. I guess I should feel guilty for not being a no-lifer ... but I don't!:D

LOL. Is that supposed to impress me at all? Sorry, he is about a month late and the news is irrelevant and one-sided as always.

Nah. You should be more impressed by the NEXT GEN of character meet-greet-and-gropes at WDW.

And, the news isn't late. This special preview was most definitely post that video you see online. As to it being one-sided, it is one person's opinion (not mine, just one I greatly respect).

I love it ... more fanbois with everything figured out.:rolleyes:

WDW1974

Wow... I'm not sure it's WDW having a train wreck. An NDA? Right, but yet videos of the experience are already online. This feels more like a "squirrel" moment. You need to whip your echo chamber up to keep trashing an attraction that has everything that your group says WDW fails to do? They upgrade instead of dropping or replacing, they add AA's and themed environments, they use interaction with the guests instead of screens...

Do you ever post anything on this site that doesn't involve me?

And I HATE echo chambers, which is why I tend to run into 'individuals' such as yourself who constantly take shots because they so enjoy being in one ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, I do believe we are overdue for a dose of puppies!

puppy-vinegar-water-training.jpg

HMF

I never expected more. But much like the fools comparing the 7DMTC with BTMRR or saying that Fantasyland is on par with Potter, plenty of people were building this up.

It is a glorified meet and greet with a horrible premise, godawful execution and nothing that any adult without children under 8 or a Pixie Dust addiction could find enjoyable and adding value to a MK day.

That is all ...
The fact of the matter is I would not have as much of a problem with this if it did not represent such a large financial investment and hyped up as something significant rather than just another meet & greet with gimmicky BS to try to get it more attention than it deserves.

HMF

Wow... I'm not sure it's WDW having a train wreck. An NDA? Right, but yet videos of the experience are already online. This feels more like a "squirrel" moment. You need to whip your echo chamber up to keep trashing an attraction that has everything that your group says WDW fails to do? They upgrade instead of dropping or replacing, they add AA's and themed environments, they use interaction with the guests instead of screens...
If the content sucks how good or bad it is presented can't save it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom