Storytime with Belle...That's it?!?

wannab@dis

That's the word for a well-respected insider friend of mine who recently experienced the new interactive uber-immersive (yeah, I'm being sarcastic) meet and greet that will surely make everyone forget The Boy Who Lived and Michael Bay's big playthings.

I am under a sorta personal NDA here to said friend, but the attraction is to use the friend's words 'something only the simpering mommy bloggers from the Midwest, your friend Lou, and mentally challenged fans' could find worthy of the money spent ... it has a cool Lumiere AA, a few nice effects yet the whole is once again a WDW trainwreck.'

Once again, it would appear that Disney swung for the infield and the ball simply bounced foul behind the plate. WHOO-HOO, TDO!!!!!
Wow... I'm not sure it's WDW having a train wreck. An NDA? Right, but yet videos of the experience are already online. This feels more like a "squirrel" moment. You need to whip your echo chamber up to keep trashing an attraction that has everything that your group says WDW fails to do? They upgrade instead of dropping or replacing, they add AA's and themed environments, they use interaction with the guests instead of screens...

wdwfan22

Regardless of what your friend thinks, this meet and greet is certainly the most immersive that has been done in a Disney park. Two animatronics, a detailed queue, a pre show, and more than a love and shove with Belle. Impressive stuff for the target audience, which as we all know, is families with young children. It will be massively popular, and puts most other park meet and greet experiences to shame.

Well said!! Enchanted Tales with Belle is everything that they expected/wanted it to be. This will be a hit with families and those wanting a picture with Belle. Look for lines to be very long once it officially openes.

CTXRover

Regardless of what your friend thinks, this meet and greet is certainly the most immersive that has been done in a Disney park. Two animatronics, a detailed queue, a pre show, and more than a love and shove with Belle. Impressive stuff for the target audience, which as we all know, is families with young children. It will be massively popular, and puts most other park meet and greet experiences to shame.

Agree 100%. As a kid, this type of experience would likely have more impact on me than another ride through. One of my most memorable experiences at Disney was doing a Dick Tracy 'skit' at Disney-MGM studios and even once getting chosen to "ride the bee" on the backlot tour (when the walkthrough part still existed). These experiences are priceless as a kid. As an adult, it would be a thrill to watch my kids participate in something like this.

Do I personally want more rides or more thrilling experiences, certainly. But I certainly can appreciate the role something like this attraction serves. With that in mind, I feel the entire expansion as a whole works well. We have a new restaurant, a personal interactive walk-though experience, a traditional dark ride and a slightly more thrilling experience in what overall appears will be a very well-themed environment.

Disney has had these interactive experiences at MK for some time with the prior Storytime with Belle and Jack Sparrow show. I suspect these entertainment experiences rank highly on guest surveys. This attraction takes that idea to a completely immersive and detailed level. I see nothing wrong with that.

wdwfan22

Em OK then because Spirit is certainly not one sided and his news is actually relevant - and least he doesn't make it up like some in the Graveyard - I must conclude your jealous of him for not having the information he gets.

What inside information does he get? He changes his facts and story all the time to go along with what's current.

SirLink

Exactly. Already on a first name basis? Sounds like a dupe account to me.

Nope nothing dupe about it - was reading his stuff that he used to post on LP then read his stuff on DK, then life got in the way, then found him posting here so decided to sign up. But anyway I don't need to defend the man - and this is nor the place to start discussing things PM me if you want to talk.

wannab@dis

The last half-dozen posts are too funny.

Almost as funny as that sorry excuse for an attraction that this thread is supposed to be about.
I don't get it. They plussed a simple attraction. They could have chopped it or removed it completely. But they didn't, they improved it and set a new high bar for M&G. But some are STILL not happy.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I bet the first few days of the soft opening had some major hick-ups... but that is why it's a SOFT opening... The replaced the old story-time, correct? IS it better than the old version (we never experienced the old version)? I have to believe it is, by leaps and bounds.

It's not for everyone, that is clear. But neither is Potter...

Interesting you compare Belle to Potter. I believe Potter relates better to both boys and girls. My DD was 6 years old and in 2nd grade when the teacher read the classroom the first Potter and they were hooked. MY guess is more guests would be happier to experience Potter than Belle and guest child actors, but hey I could be wrong.
I can speak for my family Belle vs. Potter, it would be Potter hands down.

HenryMystic

Well said!! Enchanted Tales with Belle is everything that they expected/wanted it to be. This will be a hit with families and those wanting a picture with Belle. Look for lines to be very long once it officially openes.
They'd be better off waiting in line for Belle at Epcot. Most families won't get a picture with Belle. Definitely not as a family.

disney fan 13

Interesting you compare Belle to Potter. I believe Potter relates better to both boys and girls. My DD was 6 years old and in 2nd grade when the teacher read the classroom the first Potter and they were hooked. MY guess is more guests would be happier to experience Potter than Belle and guest child actors, but hey I could be wrong.
I can speak for my family Belle vs. Potter, it would be Potter hands down.

Plus Potter has something for the whole family.

Toddler-Flight Of The Hippogriff
Family-FJ, various shop's, Ollivanders
Thrill seekers-DC

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They'd be better off waiting in line for Belle at Epcot. Most families won't get a picture with Belle. Definitely not as a family.

My husband would have knocked me upside my head if I put my preschool son through that meet and greet to get a picture of him with Belle.

I do agree initially a lot of us will likely visit once and the line will be long for a year or two and it will quickly cycle out. Because of curiosity more than popularity. This is a boatload of money to have your picture taken with Belle. Likely child guests would have more interaction time with Belle at Epcot as you suggested or at a Princess Breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom