STOLPort resort rumor

imagineer boy

Maybe they got misinformed, and said that a new water park will be open, but in reality, River Country will be reopening? Doubt it, but its a thought.

peter11435

I just wanted to point out that the images of WDW's master plan posted on this site clearly show the area marked for resort development. This includes the addition of a canal and small lake in the center of the property. More interesting though is that the RCID 2008 Comprehensive plan clearly indicates the construction of a future canal in this very same location.

Fallen Angel said:
Sounds like the Living Seas & River Country. I wouldn't believe it. And...isn't the Stoloport (old landing strip) too close to Wilderness lodge/Contemporary for another resort?

:veryconfu

Anyone with google earth can find the old landing strip and give the coordinates? I'd really like to see it!

brertigger

PolarJim said:
Anyone with google earth can find the old landing strip and give the coordinates? I'd really like to see it!

here's a screenshot of the landing strip: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=20503&cat=500

Recently, when my school went to the Grad Nite blastoff party, the Disney bus we were on drove around several backways to get backstage. We did drive along part of the runway (and the bus driver mentioned it on the PA), and also went past the monorail barn, and the parade float storage. It was very cool to see all the backstage area (we ended up at the backside of Splash Mountain).

If you pull up the image I uploaded in Google Earth and scroll up, you will notice that this rode is very close to WL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
peter11435 said:
I just wanted to point out that the images of WDW's master plan posted on this site clearly show the area marked for resort development. This includes the addition of a canal and small lake in the center of the property. More interesting though is that the RCID 2008 Comprehensive plan clearly indicates the construction of a future canal in this very same location.

Heres the image I posted not too long ago based on the same info:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22639&d=1146513700

Punkss

Being marked for resort development and actual development happneing is two different things!

I believe this is a bit of gloryhunting. Somebody has seen the plans and then tried to create a press release based on it.

And do i have to say it...oh ok then...is this WDWs DisneySea? And I think it will be used for a moat for castle based on Harry Potter, maybe the first ride for 5th Gate/Park*

* - this sentence may not contain any truth at all.

mickeysgal

I may be the minority here, but doesn't that location seem a little far away from the Contemporary Resort to be a DVC "attached" resort? I mean I did read on another board that Disney is going to announce a DVC expansion in very early October. But I heard it will be the north wing and surrounding area.

I have read past rumors, that a moderate resort was originally planned to go between WL and FW, called either Wilderness Junction or Buffalo Junction, and that River Country was supposed to become a private pool area for all three. Maybe someone found that rumor and decided make up a "press release" to make it sound official.

brich

The question I have is this... How would they construct an undeground Aquarium? How deep can they go before they hit water? Unless of course they build the land up ala MK and then consider it undergorund. Still, an aquarium worth anything would need to be a few stories deep... Sounds cool but I don't see them building another resort anytime soon... Hope I'm wrong. :D

kaos

Original Poster
wdwmagic said:
The original post here is a fake news release.

The STOL area however, is likely to be used as a construction staging area for work on the Contemporary DVC wing.
See the 11th march update at http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts_news.htm

OK.. more news from my brother... he is NOW saying he saw the release on Intercot (they're still around???):confused:

He also sent me the press release from the reopening of Mr. Toads that was nicely placed here on April's Fools Day...

Anyone else have a gullible younger brother that they want to beat the crap out of???:hammer:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
mickeysgal said:
I may be the minority here, but doesn't that location seem a little far away from the Contemporary Resort to be a DVC "attached" resort? I mean I did read on another board that Disney is going to announce a DVC expansion in very early October. But I heard it will be the north wing and surrounding area..

The STOLport is rumoured to be used as a storage / work area for the Contmeporary work; not the actual DVC resort section of the Contemporary. Personally I`d have thought the boneyard area more useful and closer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
The STOLport is rumoured to be used as a storage / work area for the Contmeporary work; not the actual DVC resort section of the Contemporary. Personally I`d have thought the boneyard area more useful and closer.

They're probably using the STOLport as a boneyard so that most guests can't see it. You can see almost everything outside the Contemporary from the Monorail, and having a boneyard nearby could be considered 'bad show'. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
HauntedPirate said:
They're probably using the STOLport as a boneyard so that most guests can't see it. You can see almost everything outside the Contemporary from the Monorail, and having a boneyard nearby could be considered 'bad show'. ;)

My bad - I meant the existing Boneyard east of Space Mountian (original Persian Resort site)

Captain Chaos

kaos said:
OK.. more news from my brother... he is NOW saying he saw the release on Intercot (they're still around???):confused:

He also sent me the press release from the reopening of Mr. Toads that was nicely placed here on April's Fools Day...

Anyone else have a gullible younger brother that they want to beat the crap out of???:hammer:

Yes Intercot is still around.. I am a memebr there as well.. And I can say with certainty.. there is no fake press release or real press release on their site about this resort... Trust me..

MickeyTigg

dxer07002 said:
Yes Intercot is still around.. I am a memebr there as well.. And I can say with certainty.. there is no fake press release or real press release on their site about this resort... Trust me..

Their news is not exactly up to date....they usually get it posted well after everyone else has. I'm sure if the fake release was on the site one of their nine kajillion moderators probably deleted it.

brertigger said:
here's a screenshot of the landing strip: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=20503&cat=500

Recently, when my school went to the Grad Nite blastoff party, the Disney bus we were on drove around several backways to get backstage. We did drive along part of the runway (and the bus driver mentioned it on the PA), and also went past the monorail barn, and the parade float storage. It was very cool to see all the backstage area (we ended up at the backside of Splash Mountain).

If you pull up the image I uploaded in Google Earth and scroll up, you will notice that this rode is very close to WL.

If you zoom in on the picture....there is a bus on the runway....sure that ain't yours!?:wave:

KumbaRider

mickeysgal said:
I have read past rumors, that a moderate resort was originally planned to go between WL and FW, called either Wilderness Junction or Buffalo Junction, and that River Country was supposed to become a private pool area for all three. Maybe someone found that rumor and decided make up a "press release" to make it sound official.

This would be very exciting if true. And if there would be a way to reincorporate RC to the area either as a pool area or perhaps use is as this "aquarium" would be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom