STK Orlando opening at Disney Springs in 2016

John

Yes, the District charges Disney fees. (Here you go: http://rcid.org/DoingBusiness/PermitsFees.aspx) There are 'walls' between the two. Even though the District is supported by Disney, it operates independently and acts like any other municipality would. I believe the planters were done prior to the building simply because the vendor was already doing the same stone planters in the completed areas going down the strip towards the Boathouse. They just did the planters as part of the plaza after they did the faux turntable and pavers. The top planter isn't part of the building, it's on the plaza, but will be incorporated into the patio of the restaurant. The bottom one is adjacent to the wall of the building.
I agree......that way they can bill for all the planters at once.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 6. "Topping off" of the STK building was noted earlier this week.

IMG_5898.JPG

JohnWD

They better get on their horse! A lot to do by January 1. Plus that will mean the springs are complete? It will be a great view of the construction!

bhg469

Uhhh.... wow!

Lemme try this. I like steak!!!

Seriously though I do! And I'm not a fake steak fan that will go in and order a 12oz filet because it'd the most expensive cut. I'm a, bone-in ribeye, medium rare with a perfect crust outside finished with browned butter.

I've said this before but Disney springs is going to destroy my bank account the next time I'm in FL.

My only fear is that just about every restaurant they have added is pretty high end. I'd like to hear of a new tenant that will offer something for a reasonable price because despite this being a vacation, I'd rather not go home in debt.

French Quarter

My only fear is that just about every restaurant they have added is pretty high end. I'd like to hear of a new tenant that will offer something for a reasonable price because despite this being a vacation, I'd rather not go home in debt.

I think there will be a fairly good balance when it's done but that's just a guess. Places like the Morimoto QS well help to offer some less expensive options.

French Quarter

Is that attached to Morimoto? I guess is missed that one.

It will be around the backside, I do believe. Someone posted photos of the sign yesterday. I think it's called Morimoto's Street Food. There will also be an upstairs there, which I suspect will be the most expensive option.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It will be around the backside, I do believe. Someone posted photos of the sign yesterday. I think it's called Morimoto's Street Food. There will also be an upstairs there, which I suspect will be the most expensive option.

I was thinking the upstairs patio was part of the main restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom