STK Orlando opening at Disney Springs in 2016

NeXuS1000

It's going to be located at the train track turntable, as you can clearly see the staircase to the right, which is currently being built (heading down to a new bridge, crossing over to Planet Hollywood)

EDIT: And I just now noticed you can also see the turntable to the left in the concept art :)

roj2323

I am surprised that they are saying it will open this year since they just started construction.
December 31st is still this year. That said the frame should be up within the next 45 days and after that they can work on both the interior and exterior at the same time once the building is dried in. It's not completely unheard of to get something built and open in this short of a time frame but it is rather expensive to make it happen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do we know where this goes?

C17 on the map.
disneysprings-new-jpg.77053

jt04

You can save some time typing that standard last line, we will always just assume it. ;)

Just trying to emphasize what few here seem to grasp. This section alone will have 4 stories of entertainment/food/shopping and it is just a small portion of the DTD/DS complex. And the return of a high-end steak house is welcome and noteworthy.

If I don't say it, who will? :cool:

jt04

Which section will be 4 stories exactly?

There is an underground element that is rumored to be developed and the 2 story steakhouse above that which is said to have a rooftop dining feature. So that makes 4 floors guests can access.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is an underground element that is rumored to be developed and the 2 story steakhouse above that which is said to have a rooftop dining feature. So that makes 4 floors guests can access.

Based on the concept art the "roof top dining" is a balcony area off the 2nd floor, so that only makes 3 stories.

MuteSuperstar

http://www.zagat.com/r/stk-washington/menu

I am a huge steak eater....but $95 for a Cowboy cut?

Utterly absurd, but right in line with the skyrocketing prices at Vegas steakhouses. And I assume that's just for the steak, no sides or anything else. Crazy. I assume they throw in the plate and that cute little sauce drizzle for no extra charge, though that may be assuming too much these days. Those "stks" better be the primest of prime.

I will likely just stick with Charley's in Kissimmee if I want a great steak when (becoming more of an if with each passing year) I make it back down to WDW. 1000x better than any steak on property, and I doubt that will change with the arrival of STK.

Last edited:

articos

Utterly absurd, but right in line with the skyrocketing prices at Vegas steakhouses. And I assume that's just for the steak, no sides or anything else. Crazy. I assume they throw in the plate and that cute little sauce drizzle for no extra charge, though that may be assuming too much these days. Those "stks" better be the primest of prime.

I will likely just stick with Charley's in Kissimmee if I want a great steak when (becoming more of an if with each passing year) I make it back down to WDW. 1000x better than any steak on property, and I doubt that will change with the arrival of STK.
STK's food is quite good. I think it depends on what you're comparing. I don't think much of anything in Orlando compares to the high end restaurants in NY or LA or SF. Mastro's, Cut, Wolfgang's or Boa are just in a different league. STK isn't quite as good as those guys for steak, but pretty darned close. By comparison, I think they are much better than Charley's. It's just a matter of opinion. With STK you're paying for the name and the brand as much as the food (and in LA/NY/Miami, the scene), although the food is very, very good. Morimoto and STK will definitely elevate the food options at Disney. Capa at the Four Seasons is also a new excellent option for steak on Disney property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom