Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Jasonflz

TDO just annouced that Stitch is the most asked about character in WDW. Phil Holmes says " we received hundreds of complaints that there isn't enough Stitch. The guests want Stitch Kingdom. We are going to give them what they want. The flower bed at the Magic Kingdom's entrance will now look like this.."

Entrance

Joking... or am I???

:hurl::hurl::hurl:

A part of me just died. I honestly hope that Disney management are reading the boards so they know that there are many people tired of Stitch.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
:hurl::hurl::hurl:

A part of me just died. I honestly hope that Disney management are reading the boards so they know that there are many people tired of Stitch.

But there are even more who love him. :shrug: The posts on here don't represent the voice of majority of average WDW guests.

Chape19714

There is no gift shop for SGE.

The shop at the exit of SGE. You enter it when your exiting the show.

Technically there's 2. Theatre one exits into Mickey's Star Traders, which features a wide array of Stitch branded stuff. Theatre 2 exits into Merchant of Venus, which has an even bigger selection of Stitch stuff. Both feature Stitch-inspired artwork decorating the stores.

Jasonflz

But there are even more who love him. :shrug: The posts on here don't represent the voice of majority of average WDW guests.

I know there are many who love Stitch. Even I love him but I am sure that people are starting to get tired of him. I never see many people on SGE and everyone I know couldn't stand the new show aand they like him too. Stitch himself isn't the problem, it is the fact that Disney feels that they need to put him on everything.

EPCOT Explorer

Technically there's 2. Theatre one exits into Mickey's Star Traders, which features a wide array of Stitch branded stuff. Theatre 2 exits into Merchant of Venus, which has an even bigger selection of Stitch stuff. Both feature Stitch-inspired artwork decorating the stores.

You can tell it's been a long time since I went to SGE....I didn't know that.:lookaroun:lol:

Did AE do that too?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And the ammount of time and money spent to reroute both exits via stores should be a crime.

imagineer boy

:brick::lol: That bad? When was this done?

When SGE was being built. Back in the day of AE, theater A exited out the side of the building next to the hub where no gift shop was to be seen while theater B exited into merchant of venus. Duriung the Stitch makeover, they rerouted theater A to go into Mickey's Star Traders. :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

When SGE was being built. Back in the day of AE, theater A exited out the side of the building next to the hub where no gift shop was to be seen while theater B exited into merchant of venus. Duriung the Stitch makeover, they rerouted theater A to go into Mickey's Star Traders. :brick:
Sheesh...That's a little cheap if you ask me. They already had a exit into a store...

Lee

Adventurer
And the ammount of time and money spent to reroute both exits via stores should be a crime.

Which brings to mind Eddie's post over in that other thread:
Eddie Sotto said:
You can feel the hard sell. It can even creep into the design. There used to be an unwritten rule about providing a way for the guest to exit an attraction without forcing them through the gift shop. It was a matter of ethics and good show. DL Star Tours broke that rule by the OP's folks closing a door to redirect the traffic and gain extra space. The Disneyland version forces you to go through the Star Wars Shop and then the Character Shop as they blocked off the exit. On the other hand, DL's IASW or POTC exposes you to the shop but going in is an option, not a forced experience. I enjoy the shops and love to see what the merchandise is, but this can be cruel with small kids in tow and some parents resent being manipulated as their kids are continually teased by the low hanging toys and are put in a position to potentially say "no".

dxwwf3

If opinion was really that strong, why in the world does SGE remain a walk on when most guests have no idea how bad it is before entering?

Rob562

And actually, Theater B only exited into Merchant of Venus some of the time. I don't know who would make the operational decision (the store or the attraction), but sometimes the Theater B crowd would exit out the front of the building, on the other side of the angled wall in the holding pen.

I think the only good point about rerouting that exit is that both theaters now exit on the same side of the building (even if there are bathrooms and an ice cream counter between them). Before, you'd have Guests exiting on entirely opposite ends of the building, meaning parents would never know where their kids would pop out if they didn't go with them.

-Rob

Jasonflz

Sheesh...That's a little cheap if you ask me. They already had a exit into a store...

:D Fortunately spending is down. No one wants to buy a dumb little Stitch plush when the economy is on the fritz. I bet you most of these gift shops are suffering, or at least not making what they used to.

Pens24

I was just at the MK today and the stitch show is still on the map but on the time guide it says that they will be no shows at this time for it...i saw it on friday and it was the worst disney show that I have ever seen before

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom