Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration - April 2009

disneydata

Original Poster
Browsing the Disney audition website, I came upon a gem! There's an audition for a new show opening in the Magic Kingdom in 2009. Here's the posting:

Disney Auditions is seeking male vocalists and comedic actors for a brand new show in the Magic Kingdom® Park at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL opening in April, 2009! Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration will incorporate cutting edge technology, comedic improvisation, and dynamic choreography all set to energetic, stylized music that will make this party out of this world!

Seeking the following roles:
Male Vocalist / Emcee - Needs strong interactive skills and the ability to move well.
Male Comedic Actor - Needs strong improvisation skills and the ability to do specific character voices. Video gaming dexterity a plus.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Had to get that in before the inevitable downpour of Stitch bashing.

Brace yourselves, they'll be here soon
angry.gif

NewfieFan

Stitch is too overused. I don't even know wh they are doing this?

How is Stitch overused? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Stitch only in one attraction (albeit a bad attraction)? I think we need some more "friendly" Stitch representation in the parks anyway!

If you people could all get past that one attraction in the MK... Stitch is a cute & lovable character - and a lot of kids still like him. My kids would be the newest fans of that little alien!

The party sounds interesting - can't wait to find out more...!

Jerm

Would this not be the tomorrowland street party that is coming next year...not a new attraction..

Chris

That is what this is going to be. Stitch is going to play DJ at the party and the "voice talent" will be up on a screen having fun. It is not going to be another Turtle Talk attraction, but more of a street party.....that has been talked about for months.

Jerm

*vomits*
:lol:

You may vomit, but kids still love Stitch. The top Disney characters right now are still Stitch and Tinker Bell, so why not use that to get the kids excited about something "new"? Disney has been doing this for years with the "it" character....anyone remember the Pooh years in the late 90's? :brick: This is not something that is really ment for us, the Disney geeks, this is something pointed at 1. little kids like the Playhouse Disney dance party at the Studios EMH and 2. the tweens that will get out and have fun to the music of (insert big Disney star here) then have to go buy more sodas.

I can not understand why just because it has Stitch as part of it everyone is down on this idea. Yes, we the Disney geeks are a little over Stitch but 95% of the WDW going public are not us, so this will be something great for them to do. It is not closing down any attractions, it is just adding something extra to do in the parks that is "free" without a wait.... why not enjoy it?

mickeysaver

Yes! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I am going to go at the end of April and I love Stitch. As long as it's not the abomination that SGE is then I am totally ok with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom