Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration - April 2009

EPCOT Explorer

You may vomit, but kids still love Stitch. The top Disney characters right now are still Stitch and Tinker Bell, so why not use that to get the kids excited about something "new"? Disney has been doing this for years with the "it" character....anyone remember the Pooh years in the late 90's? :brick: This is not something that is really ment for us, the Disney geeks, this is something pointed at 1. little kids like the Playhouse Disney dance party at the Studios EMH and 2. the tweens that will get out and have fun to the music of (insert big Disney star here) then have to go buy more sodas.

I can not understand why just because it has Stitch as part of it everyone is down on this idea. Yes, we the Disney geeks are a little over Stitch but 95% of the WDW going public are not us, so this will be something great for them to do. It is not closing down any attractions, it is just adding something extra to do in the parks that is "free" without a wait.... why not enjoy it?
It's true. You are absolutely right here.

I just think that having SGE riiiiight down the "street" is overkill.:dazzle:

Disneyson 1

If they're going to use an area like that stage that's never used in the back of Tomorrowland, I'm for it! Might as well be getting a "celebration" themed attraction in a place which would not be replacing anything and WILL be a child-eater. You know what that means, right? We don't even have to see it and TL will be a little more crowded in what would be a dead area (Space Refurb anyone?)

P.S. Wouldn't comedic improv and singing be the 2 high points for a few performers who just lost their club?

EPCOT Explorer

Well if they're going to do somthing with Stitch, they should rehab the tiki room and put stitch in there like the Tokyo show.
:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

If they're going to use an area like that stage that's never used in the back of Tomorrowland, I'm for it! Might as well be getting a "celebration" themed attraction in a place which would not be replacing anything and WILL be a child-eater. You know what that means, right? We don't even have to see it and TL will be a little more crowded in what would be a dead area (Space Refurb anyone?)

P.S. Wouldn't comedic improv and singing be the 2 high points for a few performers who just lost their club?
Ah.;)

the-reason14

Hmm, sounds like a mix between the horrible unfunny monsters show, and the edutainment turtle talk. I dont know why they would have 2 shows featuring stitch, and it seems like another monsters comedy club thing with the comedy thing in the description. Well that already cancels any plan on making me laugh as Im sure it will be as corny and stupid as the monsters show. But whatever, I dont see why they couldnt use another character other than stitch, but whatever disney.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Meh....

Stitch isn't our cup of tea, so this doesn't really interest us right now - maybe when the boys are closer to teenagers(?). But I'm not going to begrudge those who will find it entertaining, to each his/her own. But it does sound a lot like Stitch Talk On The Street. :lookaroun

Disneyson 1

Seriously, I feel so bad for TL due to it's Space Refurb. If you want the refurb, you're just going to have to put up with it for a few months while it's going on, or else you'll have no refurb and no new (but still so-so) attraction.

burninup4nick

I am so excited!!! I love stitch!!! He's one of my favorite characters! But im too much of a chickent to go on SGE....so for me a new stitch attraction sounds great!!! :)

Jerriko

Hopefully somewhere else

And just like me with the HSM Pep Rally, I bolt to Tower of Terror or RNRC as soon as I hear that awful music coming down the street....It should be a great interactive party for kids to burn off some energy to....

Chris

Brian_WDW74

So where exactly is this going?

Here's a quote from the Orlando Sentinel where they spoke to Francois Leroux, an executive with Walt Disney World Entertainment, about it:
The Tomorrowland Party will be in a new area set up between Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress. "There's nothing there now," Leroux says. The continuous theme will be reports from the Tomorrow News Network ("news from the galaxy"). Expect more audience participation, live interaction (think Crush over at Epcot) and sightings of Wall-E, Buzz Lightyear and Stitch.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sooo... no new restaurant, just another temporary stage in the tarmac and concrete jungle that is the neglected part of Tland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom