Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Younglings and Vader never really should go together...
Even Sith apprentices appreciate a cold one now and then!
1592784929549.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What actually could fit in this space? An omnimover attraction??

Unlikely...

I've scoped this out earlier and got similar numbers:

SGE: 18.4k sqft / .42 acres
Snacks and shops: 9k sqft / .2 acres
Total: 27.4k sqft / .64 acres

Peter Pan: 13.5 sqft / .31 acres

So, yeah, you could have a repeat of one of the shortest and lowest capacity dark rides in that space. ;)

For comparison, Buzz is .55 acres.

View attachment 285644
It's going to be difficult to put in a *ride*. Recall the size of the theater, there were two of them. That would be the total amount of space for a ride and maybe the pre-show lobby. If ever repurposed it would likely be another theater experience.

DoleWhipDrea

Not that I mind, don't think the wreck it ralph idea would do very well post corona...

I’ve been thinking a lot about how theme parks may wish to move away from theater-based and glorified M&G attractions in light of what’s happening now. I imagine the higher-ups would be hesitant to greenlight something like that ATM, anyway. Disney really shot themselves in the foot with the layout of Tomorrowland buildings and attractions.

Hopefully WDI can get extra creative. Maybe the new attraction could be multi-storied? Obviously that becomes more complicated with building, but I’ve always pictured a futuristic place with tall buildings. It’s what major cities do and IMHO would make sense visually. Get some truly inspired architecture to make Tomorrowland truly feel futuristic.

Homemade Imagineering

Personally, I'd expect WDW's Splash to be the next "major" ride WDW opens after the upcoming string of Rat, Guardians, and Tron.
Definitely sounds like a realistic scenario. I guess that means that any project announced at D23 2022 will finish up sometime after splash, which seems to make sense, since splash isn’t going anywhere until 2022 or 2023, and because of that the re-theme will most likely be underway during the Expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom